25 To LIFE -- July

Options

Replies

• jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Went to the gym again today. I'm sore from yesterday, so I just walked, then ran for 2 minutes.
    I think tomorrow is a day off. I would have done it today, but the kids woke me up singing "it's time to get up, it's time to get up and go to the gym"
    kids... where did they come from anyway?!:grumble: :grumble:
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Thats great kids always want to be helpful :laugh:
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    way to go Jbar! Im glad you went even tho you are sore! Having the kids WANT you to go instead of keeping you from going would help me alot i think...

i wanted to update, that i managed to do it! I am already at about 1000-1200 cals for today, before zumba like i had planned, however i got to it by having a spicy fried chicken sammich for lunch and a mocha with whipped cream this afternoon. I hope that's ok! I have a hard time filling up all those calories with healthy stuff, its so much easier to do it with sugary yum yums, cookies and chips!
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody! I am back! :glasses: I had a great time on vacation, though it's taking me a few days to get back on Eastern time instead of Pacific... :yawn:

The last time I "officially" weighed myself was way back on 7/4, at 168.6 - because my parents were visiting for a week, and then I was so busy getting ready for vacation and then going. I didn't try to kill myself on vacation - I managed to workout in a hotel gym once, did a lot of walking on a few of the days, and went kayaking one day. I ate decently but a bit more than usual, plus a couple of treats.

But (drumroll please)... it looks like I might have even lost a little weight since my last official weigh-in! Yesterday I was 168.2, and this morning I was 167.6. I was just hoping not to backtrack and gain any weight - so losing is a bonus! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I still have 15-20 pounds to go, and would love to get there by Labor Day. My goal for the next week is to get back into my exercise routine and logging my calories again.

I am glad to see you all are still here and energized for the summer. You are all doing great! :flowerforyou:
  • rosygirl57
    rosygirl57 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is my first time to log on, but I need the accountability so here goes. My current weight is 148 and I am having a terrible time getting it off. I am 5'1 and 50 yrs. old. My goal is to be 125 lbs by the end of this year. Is that too long to wait? Summer vacation has set me back quite abit. I was down to 144 before vacation season began. I have always been thin (125lbs) up until 4 years ago, then the weight came on as I started menapause. It has encouraging reading some of your posts. I do excercise; walk daily 3 miles and lift weights 2x's weekly for 30 min. It's not as much as some of you are doing, maybe I should up it. Gotta go for now. Hang in there! We can do it!
  • kerridwen
    kerridwen Posts: 165
    Options
    Welcome and That's excellent Rosygirl! Slowly working up to it is the way to go.

Yay Sparkles! (:

Don't worry guys, we'll get running respectable distances in a few months! A lot of the start running guides say to go ahead and do 1-2 minutes to start, and then walk equal time. Sounds almost silly but better than injuries (well more in my case, haha! I learnt my lesson!).

I'm on week 1 of the new plan. Taking the days off I'm supposed to is hard! I am still going to walk the puppy for at least 20 minutes on the off days, but I'll try to take one day off for real and maybe take her to the dog park or have a playmate over instead.....

Exercise calories are so much more delicious!!!
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    hi all!

Glad you are back CP, we've missed you!

Glad to meet you rosygirl! you will love this group. i find that writing down every thought about my diet/exercise plan helps me more than if i don't and these gals are the best group for motivation, lemme tell ya! I loooove them.

Kerri, i just realized that i dont actually know how you injured yourself in the first place... if you dont mind me asking?

as for me, i decided earlier today that i was in the mood to write a fairly lengthy blog about Americas Problem with the "Perfect body" and body image and how the media promotes eating disorders..so watch out for that one sometime tonite or tomorrow probably...its been on my mind alot lately.

I am just about to log my zumba today along with the dinner i just ate to see where i stand. hopefully i am not in starvation mode..but im afraid that my intuition is telling me that it is... even if i dont want to believe it. I know that ive been under more than i should, mostly because of all the hours of exercise, but hopefully i can 'shock' my system back out of it along with my new calculation goal of 1lb per week instead of 2..that big of a deficit is apparently not for me!

<3 you guys!
  • kerridwen
    Options
    Yes, wb CP! :D

Sparkles - I broke my arm horseback riding last fall! Rein snapped right off the bridle after the horse spooked.

It's apparently one of the hardest bones to heal in the body (well, where I broke it). Exercise was difficult b/c they couldn't cast it or stabilize it. Fortunately in the last month or so the callus has formed, which has made things a lot easier these days! Running - finally! But, still can't put any weight on it, move quickly or suddenly or get bumped! It's frustrating.

That said, a little advil and I seem to be able to swim! As long as I'm careful, and mostly use the pre-lifeguard one-armed swims, haha!
  • sindyb9
    Options
    Welcome back CP and WTG on loosing during vacation.

Welcome rosygirl, take it slow log everything people here are great if you have any questions feel free to ask anyone. we put the weight on slow so taking it off is also slow. There are some great links for new people I will bump one up for you.
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody for the welcome back! I missed you guys! :love:

I have been feeling pretty good lately. People are really starting to notice my weight loss - a co-worker called me "skinny" on Monday and my massage therapist said "Wow, you have REALLY lost weight!" So that feels great.

Here's the weird thing - I am now at a weight that I feel really comfortable at. Even though I still have 15-20 pounds to go, I feel pretty good and my clothes look better. So I am worried that if I hit a plateau now, it might be hard to have the willpower to break through it. And it's a little WEIRD not to have as much of a cushy layer of fat on my body anymore! Wanna hear something ridiculous? I freaked out for a second on vacation because I felt a lump on the back of my thigh one night. The next morning, I checked the other leg - IT WAS JUST MY MUSCLE!!! :embarassed: What am I gonna feel like when all that protective fat that I've had for so long is gone?!?!?!

:laugh: I know, I'm crazy. But when I start struggling against those last ten pounds, I hope you all still put up with me. For now, it's time to get my butt out of vacation mode and back into kick-*kitten* mode!

Kerri - my aunt fell and broke her upper arm/shoulder in what sounds like a similar way. It blew my mind that they couldn't do anything more to immobilize it - and she had to start physical therapy after only a few weeks, too, to keep it from "freezing". Ouch!! I am glad you are healing.
    Emily and Sindy - you guys are doing great. I'm amazed at all your exercise!
    Jen - way to go on joining the gym and on the running. I ran a few weeks ago (and I totally suck at running) for EIGHT WHOLE MINUTES and I was so proud, so I know JUST how you feel! You go! :drinker:
    And buckeye - thanks for getting us going again with a new thread!
  • kerridwen
    Options
    Hey CP - of course we'll "put up with you" haha!! We're all in the same boat here. (:

The freezing was an issue for me as well, but b/c I didn't get callus forming until 8 or so months later, the doctor felt I shouldn't do physio until then (not that he explained it to me until he finally sent me! Scary!). I just went without a brace or cast to compensate. At least that's his explaination now. Yeesh I would rather have known up front! I had this plastic thing for while in public to keep ppl from bumping it, but it was like a sports shoulder guard, no support, haha.

I STILL can't really do anything at physio. They just hit me with a lazer and move me around a bit!
  • sindyb9
    Options
    Wanna hear something ridiculous? I freaked out for a second on vacation because I felt a lump on the back of my thigh one night. The next morning, I checked the other leg - IT WAS JUST MY MUSCLE!!! :embarassed: What am I gonna feel like when all that protective fat that I've had for so long is gone?!?!?!

That sounds like when I found out I had hip bones, have not had hip bones for years. :laugh: :laugh:

You will get back into your routine and we will stick by you, I am so happy you are close to your goal. :drinker:
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    alright, well its another big workout day for me today.. So i am going to blog for a second to get myself straight and accountable. You can stop reading now if you get bored easily :) ( just have to 'write' things down to keep myself on track)

Ok, I plan to stay for both classes today. I am usually at 600 cals after zumba, and generally burn another 500 or so in strength training, depending on intensity. I am already about about 1100 calories eaten today in anticipation of that big workout. That means that so far today with breakfast and lunch, i have consumed only my extra workout calories. That also means that i still have 1400 to eat today...

the only problem is that i feel like i may have made bad choices when i dont bring food from home..but its hard to judge. If you are still reading at this point, please let me know if you think these kinds of choices are ok, or if i should bring from home more often..

breakfast - coffee with sugar, bagel with cream cheese,
    lunch - Country Ham biscuit with about 8 french fries and a large sweet tea (my biggest weakness that i will give up for noone!)
    2 'less sugar' tea cookies For a total of 1100 calories so far today and about 1500 left to eat today with afternoon snack and dinner.

for some reason i feel guilty for having the biscuit and bagel, even tho im still well under carbs.

Lordy i am long winded with this lately....This is going to take a while to get used to, so yall bare with me, as i find the best way for me to stay on track is to record everything..and this is where i happen to do it! I love you all!
  • kerridwen
    Options
    Sparkles - as long as you're not going over on anything (yay fitness pal!) you should be fine.

Might want to throw in something raw and make sure you get some kind of fruit veggie or yougurt (if you're not intolerant)! And some calcium for bone strength! Important when training. (:

I was bad and had some doritos for a snack today! But otherwise I've been okay. This new training schedule bugs me. I don't like only running 3x a week, but my knees are happier with it and my new shoes!

So much tasty fruit! I love this time of year!
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    good call kerri. 9 times out of 10 i bring food from home, which generally consists of PB&J and salads and fruit and yummy seedy breads, but on a day like today, when i had to wing it, i feel like a total failure!

i will definitely try to do better at dinner for the other half of todays calories...i have to go grocery shopping anyway :)
    speaking of new shoes..
    i need some ! My zumba teacher says we should get new ones every 3 months or so..and ive had mine since January!
  • kerridwen
    Options
    Sparkles - as long as it's not 4x a week it sounds like you're doing amazing! A role model for sure! :D

Fridays are total bad food days at dinner, I love them! :D
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    wwwoooooaaahhhhhhh!!!!!

alright yall! i just got my bridesmaids dress in ...and it is HUUUUUGE. We had to order them well in advance, AND they ordered me the wrong size!!! :(:(

Even if they had ordered the right size, it would be too big, but it is going to have to be taken in by 5 full inches!! holy crap. im excited for the loss, but didnt realize it wouldnt even stay up!!

Luckily my mom is an awesome seamstress, and the dress is simple and should be ok to fix BUT i was disappointed, i was looking forward to trying it on and sending pictures to the bride so she can see. Im still going to, im just going to have it pinned up to do so.

ANYWAY just needed to vent for a second!
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Emily, you need to start finding more veggies/avocado/nuts to eat instead of FRIES AND BISCUITS! shame on you!:noway: :laugh: :laugh: j.k. You burn in one day what I do all week!

As far as the dress... good for you! better to take it in then out! It'll look fabulous!
  • sindyb9
    Options
    sparkles you are doing great more veggies is a good idea.

Here it is again and still no loss. But the last week think I have been depressed about not loosing for the last five weeks and went over my calories a few days, and not eating as much veggies as I should. This week my goal is to cut out that bad food I have been eating and measure everything maybe I am over judging how much food I am putting on my plate. Well keep up the good work everyone. I will try to get back on track this week. :drinker:
  • kerridwen
    Options
    I have to go to a wedding in October, and I'm moving back out on the first (gap inbetween leases, but this place was worth it!).

I'm going to use the wedding as a goal, those are useful! Hopefully that'll help break the plateau I'm on.

Also, being back on my own I might slip, so here's hoping!