What would you do with $201 Million dollars?

Options
124»

Replies

• Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Buy a diamond studded jean jacket :] People will think it's bedazzled..and I'll make sure to point out they're Canadian diamonds :wink:

Victoria's Secret sells that million dollar bra you could wear under it too. :smokin:

Course in my size, it would be about $200k. :angry:
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Mrs_McFadden Posts: 1,139
    Options
    Buy a diamond studded jean jacket :] People will think it's bedazzled..and I'll make sure to point out they're Canadian diamonds :wink:

Victoria's Secret sells that million dollar bra you could wear under it too. :smokin:

Wait..what size would that be Shannon..because you know, at $201 million, you can buy yourself a very very pretty new rack and they'd be gorgeous :tongue:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

Wait..what size would that be Shannon..because you know, at $201 million, you can buy yourself a very very pretty new rack and they'd be gorgeous :tongue:

I'm clumsy enough. :laugh:
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Pay off all our debt, take care of family, donate to charity. After that, I'd love clothes, jewelry, a new car, travel...the usual things. :flowerforyou:
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Holy smokes...I forgot I bought tickets Wednesday! Hmm... first would be to pay off all debts including the house. Pay off my guys parents house and any debt they have. Build a nice place somewhere there is no snow, but not too hot in summer. Hire enough people to make the place self sufficient. Hire someone to have a child for me, and pay all their bills. Invest so we could live comfortably off the interest. Travel. Charity.
  • timetripper42
    Options
    I would be the humane society no more putting them to death in my town also I would help out my family and go see all my mfp friends that would be a road trip
  • feliciapeters
    Options

No seriously, I'd build and open up a gym that caters to children, and adults. Instead of the current system where children under the age of 16 have to go to the daycare room.
    I dont know why they cant put jungle gyms, trampolines, aerobics and dance classes, even mini treadmills and ellipticals in the gym. Kids are getting fat at the same rate we are.

THAT my dear is a million $ idea
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    what an oddly specific amount of money...

invest a huge chunk of it
    buy a kick *kitten* house in the mountains of colorado
    put my son, step-son, and brother through college
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I would also buy a giraffe, because who wouldn't want a pet giraffe?
    Umm true screen shot if you enter "Giraffes are" in google search

Giraffes.jpg

The only thing that is missing from that search is "GIRAFFES ARE AN EXCELLENT MODE OF TRANSPORTATION AND MAKE GREAT PETS"
  • gozdeh
    gozdeh Posts: 59
    Options
    I would give the start up capital to my friend, Pay off all my family's debts, Buy a house in my fave city HongKong, Start my own school, The rest I would put in the bank to use as necessary.:smile: Gosh! I wish I had it now LOL
  • lkmariposa
    Options
    I would travel...a lot. I would pay for all my schooling as well as the future schooling of my friends' children. I would then bank the rest and live comfortably off the interest. I think the best part would be that I would no longer be considered weird or crazy...If your rich it is "eccentric"..lol
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    Maybe monkeys don't speak english, but I hear giraffes are voiceless!
    Heather75, if you won, you should get a portrait done by the awesome monkey portrait photographer
    http://www.manipulator.com/Fine-art/photos/monkeys-apes#/

ETA: sorry if my post doesn't make sense, but it is directed to heather75 who has the awesome monkey photo. she commented on RJ's giraffe post!
  • Mkleder
    Mkleder Posts: 289
    Options
    1) Hire a tax attorney & accountant.
    2) Create a charitable trust to claim the winnings.
    3) Draw a nice, but modest, salary as an employee of the trust (about $10K more a year than I make now).
    4) Create my new career -- identifying effective charitabe organizations and providing grants to them in accordance with the mission of the charitable trust.

My main focus would be support of military families, diabled vets and warriors in transition.

Then I would likely move away from the Washington, D.C. nightmare to someplace normal....like Kentucky.
  • Marjorielk
    Marjorielk Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I would love the chance to find out. I hope I would be fairly sensible with the majority of it. I would love to be able to help family/friends. And have a lot of fun shopping, renovating, etc.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Well since no one won, Tuesday it is projected to be $244 million! Good Luck everyone!
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I don't play the lottery, but I can still dream about if I would. I would do the following:

- pay off bills
    - buy a nice house outside of town surrounded by trees, probably have my own built to my own specifications
    - buy my grandma's house and fix it up
    - start investing smartly
    - start building my own projects / business's I have in mind
    - have my jetta converted to a smyth G3F (google it :happy: )
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    My family plays this game occasionally with $2 million. So, I'm guessing I could give away most of the rest of it to charities and people I know - anybody want a couple hundred thousand? :flowerforyou:

My husband would build our dream house on a few acres on a lake.

My boys want four wheelers, my daughter wants two horses.

I would be driving my Escalade and have my 69 Cougar in the garage.

And I would let all my family know that whenever they wanted, I would pay for their vacation to visit us 6,000 miles from their homes. We always have to visit them.