pictures of the story so far...

Options
sparklesammy
sparklesammy Posts: 465 Member
I posted a similar topic in october, but have lost some more since. I am losing my last stone now...and its getting reallllllly hard! I have now lost a total of 130lbs, It has taken a long time but its so worth it. my life genuinely is better now in so many ways. i like myself a lot more!!

The story so far....

In December 2007 my Mum got married. I was a bridesmaid... a fat bridesmaid

d01b0b33.jpg

A few days later we celebrated Christmas and I was fairly unhappy with this picture:

cd44d1bb.jpg

So I went on a diet...

...some time later, I had lost quite a lot of weight!

This was taken at the start of the summer 2010 (June I think)

66afdb99.jpg

And here are a couple from Sept 2010, in Rome on Holiday : )
d8d1c0f1.jpg
97f0af06.jpg
[/quote]

This last photo was taken a few weeks ago, i was about to go to a ball (I don't just dress like this every day!)
a742c8ab.jpg

Replies

• leithaakagrover
    Options
    Wow you look amazing. Great job.
  • apetty21
    apetty21 Posts: 137
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job! :happy:
  • leithaakagrover
    Options
    What part of the weight loss was the hardest for you?
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!Love the dress!
  • WonderNoodle
    Options
    so beautiful
  • ashmo1785
    ashmo1785 Posts: 117
    Options
    Great work you look amazing
  • missbeezy
    missbeezy Posts: 198
    Options
    I'm so happy for you, great job girl
  • RobinS78
    RobinS78 Posts: 20
    Options
    Wow! Awesome job! Looks like a lot of hardwork and dedication! Any key tips to share with us? Anything you found to help you achieve weight loss?
  • SlimmingSarah
    Options
    HOLY GAJESUS! You look like a COMPLETELY different person now! Look how thin you are! How inspiring! I want to do the same thing!
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing!! Congrats!!
  • kendf60
    kendf60 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You look great!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing.
  • hollycurran
    Options
    you are so inspiring!!!!! so very very impressive!!!
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Holy crap!!!! That's my reaction to your transformation!!!! You look AMAZING!!!! Keep up the great work, I know how hard it is sometimes, but you are so worth it!

Wow, I'm totally inspired now!!! Thanks!
  • ocsurfmama
    ocsurfmama Posts: 127
    Options
    You look like a totally different person but your same great smile and sparkle in the eyes is the same! Aww come on, I bet you dress like that last photo all the time ; ) You must be sooo proud and I am sure your family is too!
    Thanks for sharing :)
  • sparklesammy
    sparklesammy Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    What part of the weight loss was the hardest for you?

as you might expect the weight comes off very quickly at the start, which makes sense, esp for people witha LOT to lose, so i suppose the first hurdle was when the big numbers stopped coming.

there were a couple of times when i went off track for a wee while and gained a little back, its taken a few years to get here.

but to be honest. this right now is the hardest part.

I am trying to shift the last 12lbs to get to my taret weight and it just does not seem to want to budge!!!! i weigh 1lb more than i did on christmas eve, my wieght has been floating around the same 3 lbs for the last 3 months. my family and friends think my body is trying to tell me that its done losing weight! lol! but...my target weight will JUST get me to my healthy bmi. I am still getting people saying that even in the last couple of months i look smaller, but i think this might be due to toning. i gym it most days so could be compacting muscle, which would explain no loss but looking more toned!

thanks for your comments guys : )
  • nickeymhughes
    nickeymhughes Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Wow.. you look amazing... it's so worth the effort isn't it? You look AmaZing! Keep it up...
  • Journey32
    Options
    Awesome!
  • LurayneMarie
    LurayneMarie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    HOLY GAJESUS! You look like a COMPLETELY different person now! Look how thin you are! How inspiring! I want to do the same thing!

My thoughts exactly! Fan-friggin-tastic! Would not have thought all those pics were of the same person! Congrats on your amazing success you look awesome! :drinker:
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    You look amazing...you should be so proud of yourself :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!