INSANITY - Updates & Progress- New Group

Options

Replies

• lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Toni, for the info. I think I was really comsindering P90X because I wouldn't have to spend anymore $$$! :laugh: Can you tell me a little abou Chalean Extreme? Do you need any extra equipment for it like you do for P90X? How long (on average) are the workouts? Etc.
    kcmom - yelling at Shaun T - THAT IS MY SPECIALTY! I'm so happy I'm getting in great practice for when Month 2 rolls around. :laugh: Yeah, for Opening Day! My team is the Mets. They're a pretty tough team to support I must say. There are still so many things wrong with them. But we'll see what the season brings!

Mets, heh? :wink: Try being a Royals fan! I don't know that you can even call them a major league team anymore, more a farm system to everyone else! :laugh: But I still :heart: them and support them regardless!

Mamareese - I haven't changed my goals yet so I am still at 1200 a day (2 lb. loss). I probably will once I lose a little more, but I am still seeing good results where it is set right now. I do remember when I started doing the 2nd month workouts that I was a lot more hungry. I now eat 2 snacks a day instead of zero snacks.
    Oh, I feel your pain. Being a fan of the other baseball team that plays in the same city as the Yankees makes it tough! :laugh:

Before I started Insanity, I switched my goals to 1/2 pound per week and that upped my intake to 1500. I was a little concerned with consuming too little to sustain the actual workout. I'm not all that concerned about loss - I'd be more than happy to see the inches come off, which they are! I am definitely a lot more hungry too. My go-to snacks are cashews, almonds, a Vitatop or some milk. Unless I have some junk, I don't ever go over my calorie allowance (including exercise calories) but I get close. The scale has been cooperating though, as I said, I'm not too concerned with the numbers on the scale opposed to the numbers on the measuring tape!
  • jennieodwyer
    jennieodwyer Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Finished rest day. Hard day. haha. Sadly I weighed myself this morning and I had gained 1.5 pounds :sad: I took my measurements and they are all the same. I also have been monitoring my salt intake as well.

I am thinking maybe I should up my calories alittle. Under the calculations in the Insanity Meal Plan I should eat 2100 calories to lose weight (500 cal deficit). Under MFP I should eat 1670 calories (sedentary lifestyle + additional calories for breastfeeding) plus my exercise calories. When I just do Insanity (no additional walking) I burn about 450 calories (not counting recovery days) so that puts my total around 2120 calories. Lately I have been eating between 1600-2000 calories a day and I am thinking this might just not been enough especially since I walk during the afternoon.

I am opening my food diary. I eat very well on the weekdays and try to keep the bad eating to a minimum on the weekends. I would appreciate if you let me know what you think.

Thanks,
    Jennie
  • lovetowrite73
    Options
    Hi group
    I would like to join the group. I need support group.I started on march 28th. I did couple of days and body is sore all over.had couple of days break but I promise to continue. Will post my fittest results soon.
    Thanks
    Hey! I just started on the 29th, just finished up day 3 about 30 minutes ago! I'm sore too, I've been sore since the fit test but I'm just pushing through it for now! Are you working out with anyone or doing it alone?
    Welcome to both of you!! I will say that I WASN'T sore after the fit test and that shocked me - then I did Plyo Cardio Circuit. Yeah, I was sore for the next few days. I will say that it does go away! Just keep pushing through and digging deeper. It's going to be SOOOO worth it in the end!
  • lovetowrite73
    Options
    Hi everyone that just joined the thread!

To whoever said they weren't sore yet: I do my workout in the morning. The first week it would hit me later in the day after I had been sitting still awile. Now I just feel like I'm in slow motion when I first get out of bed. LOL

Today was Day 26 of LAST DAY of Pure Cardio/Cardio Abs. My mind/body was not in the mood for pure cardio. I was thinking "Just survive the warmup-check! Yeah the stretch will eat least 6 minutes! Oh crap here's 15 straight minutes of torture--and why does 15 minutes seem like four years? Yeah the stretch again! Crap-now I have to do the abs!" My tail bone was unhappy with the c-sit position too.

I was also thinking that they all must have long arms. When I'm in the c-sit position I can't put my hands as far in front of my tush as they do.

I have been keeping my mind busy during the workouts by wondering what these people do for a living. There's a very large super muscular black man in the back row of pure cardio. He looks like marine material to me. I would prefer my marines to be all beefy like that. The girls are harder. If I had there abs it would have to be a job I could show my abs off at. :laugh:
    You crack me up all the time. :laugh: I have said the same thing to myself regarding the positioning of their hands when they're in the C-sit position. Like, am I leaning too far back or something? I'm going to record myself next time I do it to see my positioning. I noticed when I recorded myself doing the fit test, my butt was a little too far up in the air when doing the low plank obliques. Now, when I do any plank-position exercises, I'm very mindful of that.

I am totally amazed at the black guy you're referring to. He totally scorched the jumps in Cardio Power & Resistance. And the moving push-ups. I'm just like jeeeeezz. I always get a good laugh at Mario (I think that's his name) when they're doing the hurdle jumps and Shaun goes to him. All you see is his feet moving and nothing else! It cracks me up every time.
  • lovetowrite73
    Options
    Now that I've responded to everybody (I think :laugh:), today was Cardio Power & Resistance. At first, I was like I HATE THIS WORKOUT but then during the second circuit, I was like ooh, I like this. The only thing I actually like doing during the first circuit are the belt kicks. But the second circuit is pretty fun. I really like doing the hurdle jumps for some reason. I really dislike the power jumps though. Ugh! My "girls" don't stay put when I do them. :laugh:

Jennie, I'll take a peak at your diary. :smile:
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options

I am totally amazed at the black guy you're referring to. He totally scorched the jumps in Cardio Power & Resistance. And the moving push-ups. I'm just like jeeeeezz. I always get a good laugh at Mario (I think that's his name) when they're doing the hurdle jumps and Shaun goes to him. All you see is his feet moving and nothing else! It cracks me up every time.

Have you noticed gumby in the back of cardio abs yet? He's in at least one other workout. Always in the back row because he's really tall.

My favorite girl is wearing orange shorts in the front row of the workout that ends with the boxing/attack moves. She makes the best faces. There is one other girl that has a massive amount of hair that she doesn't put up in a pony tail. I have very fine hair and I'm melting during a workout. How can she workout with all that hair? See? My mind drifts to preserve itself.
  • lovetowrite73
    Options
    The first thing that jumps out at me are the packaged meals you're eating. Those things are full of sodium (as you already know) and honestly, homecooked food is SOOOOO much better, in my opinion. Forgot to look at your water consumption. :laugh: How much water are you drinking a day? Also, try to get some more protein in there. I keep hearing that protein and carb consumption is really important when you're doing strenuous exercises. My diary is open too. Take a peek. :smile:
  • lovetowrite73
    Options

Have you noticed gumby in the back of cardio abs yet? He's in at least one other workout. Always in the back row because he's really tall.

My favorite girl is wearing orange shorts in the front row of the workout that ends with the boxing/attack moves. She makes the best faces. There is one other girl that has a massive amount of hair that she doesn't put up in a pony tail. I have very fine hair and I'm melting during a workout. How can she workout with all that hair? See? My mind drifts to preserve itself.
    Yes! I meant to tell you that I noticed him when we were doing the side bend stretch at Cardio Abs. I thought he was going to continue going and touch the floor. :laugh: I have to look at the girl. Sometimes I'm so focused on making sure my form is good that I sort of phase out!
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    What exactly is "Insanity" ? Is it a dvd workout or somthing? Thanks
  • jennieodwyer
    Options
    The first thing that jumps out at me are the packaged meals you're eating. Those things are full of sodium (as you already know) and honestly, homecooked food is SOOOOO much better, in my opinion. Forgot to look at your water consumption. :laugh: How much water are you drinking a day? Also, try to get some more protein in there. I keep hearing that protein and carb consumption is really important when you're doing strenuous exercises. My diary is open too. Take a peek. :smile:

Thanks! Yeah I know about the packaged meals. :embarassed: It used to eat about 2 packaged meals a day so I am actually getting better to only have just one for lunch. haha I am still working on that since it is a convenience/time issue for me. I think I do need to add more protein. I didn't think about that so I am glad you said that. I used to drink my protein shake in the morning but now that I am doing chocolate milk as a recovery drink it sort of went the the way side. I think I need to get that back in. I just started actually logging water but I drink about 150oz a day. Thanks for your input!
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    What exactly is "Insanity" ? Is it a dvd workout or somthing? Thanks

Yes. You can find info for it on the beachbody website or any infomercial. It's on tv a lot!
  • fitkitty1
    fitkitty1 Posts: 56
    Options
    So happy to see this here! I just completed week 1 and I think I see a change! I lost 3 lbs and I'm following the meal plan.

Feel free to add me if anyone likes! I post ALL OF THE TIME... :-)
  • jennieodwyer
    Options
    So happy to see this here! I just completed week 1 and I think I see a change! I lost 3 lbs and I'm following the meal plan.

Feel free to add me if anyone likes! I post ALL OF THE TIME... :-)

Thats great! If you don't mind me asking, what it your total calorie intake you are using on the meal plan? I am trying to tweak my diet right now. Thanks!
  • kcmomof2
    kcmomof2 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Good morning Everyone! Happy Friday!

Hello and welcome to all the new people :)

I did Max Interval Circuit this morning. I feel I ROCKED it since I had a good weekly weigh-in this morning (2 lb. loss). :happy: Those always seem to make me more energetic. I pushed so hard I almost got sick a few times (and that never happens). Oy!
    THX!
    I'm setting my alarm for 6:30. So, hopefully tomorrow I'll be posting 'just did Max Cardio Conditioning'

Hey, Ed, did you make it this morning? I was still cussing Shaun T. late last night from that workout yesterday morning as my thighs were still burning when I went to bed. LOL!
  • kcmomof2
    kcmomof2 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I think you should TRY P90X since you already have it. It is true that the 'fun factor' is not the same as you'll get with Chalene's workouts, but it's still an effective program - especially if you make sure you're in a deficit in terms of your caloric intake. Who knows, you might like Tony's humor and his little sayings:tongue: But at least you'll know. I have NEVER gotten bored doing any of Chalene's workouts, but I'll admit, sometimes I do have to find other ways to occupy myself with the P90X workouts...then there's the time factor. It's hard to ignore the fact that the P90X workouts are AT LEAST an hour and the CLX workouts are 30-45minutes :noway: But again, the only way you'll know is if you try it

Now in terms of getting bored with INSANITY, OMG, I'm so busy trying to DIG DEEPER there's no time for boredom. Does anyone else feel like the end of the warmup is the summit and once that's over, it's all downhill? I feel like the time just flies by after the warmup.

I am definitely at a deficit (1200) so that shouldn't be a problem. Thanks again. :)

I used to feel that way about the warm-up too until I started the 2nd month workouts. LOL!
  • lovetowrite73
    Options
    Jennie, I actually add one scoop of protein powder to my chocolate milk. It's only 20 grams more protein but I think it helps me a ton.

fitkitty, LOVING the shoes in your profile pic. I'm a huge shoe wh*re. :laugh: Good job on the loss!

kcmom, great job on the loss and rocking the workout!!!
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Mamareese, I can't do this on only 1200 calories, that is too extreme for me. We were on about 1500 calories and it seemed like the weight wasn't going anywhere, so we upped it to 1700ish range and everything seems to be feeling MUCH better (after a few more weeks I'll tell you for sure, LOL). My diary is open if you're ever interested in what I'm doing in the diet department. We used the tool in the insanity meal plan to figure our calories for the day and it gave me an 1853, but I figure I'll keep it under that slightly just in case I estimate something wrong, or if I'm not burning as many calories as they figured I should. Although, I do have to confess, we're planning a weekend celebration out to dinner for finishing this first month, so I'll be off plan that meal!

~~Veronica

Thanks for the advice! I've kept mine at 1200 and eat back exercise calories but dont' freak out if I go over because I know that's probably low. I appreciate the advice. I usually feel full that's why I haven't worried about it too much. But feeling the way I felt yesterday and then giving my body more food fuel and that making me feel better- had me curious. Thanks! And definitely enjoy that celebration meal- you'll have earned it!!
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Phew!! Let's see if I can catch up!!

sews~ I'm feeling a little 'mixed results' about it right now. I haven't seen the scale moving of course, we all want it moving faster than our bodies want it to! *lol* So I'm trying to convince myself to stop fretting over it and just stick with it because even if the number on the scale doesn't move- DH is loving what he's seeing and that makes me feel good! I've been looking into my food intake because I'm not sure I'm fueling my body enough! Which always makes me laugh, I need to eat MORE?! But I also haven't checked my measurements lately and I need to do that. I think by the 60th day we'll be super pleased with what we see in the mirror! Stick with it! PS. Great fit test results.

halina~ I found I wasn't sore after the fit test either, mostly just a little muscle fatigue and as most have said, that quickly changed after getting into the workouts. Now, I'm only on week 3, I find my muscles aren't as 'sore' as I expected them to be but they definitely remind me they've been worked!! That whole, it takes EFFORT to move my legs let's me know that I got in a good workout!!

ryansmom-welcome! Glad to have you! We'll keep each other motivated throughout the INSANE 60 days!!

jabdye-congrats!! week 1 can be checked off!!

alyssa-I work out alone. DH stays home with the kids (all in bed!! sleeping!) while I head to the gym in the morning. DH and I talked about doing it together but he's in a different place with his routine (trying to gain muscle, he has that problem of not GAINING weight! and isn't ready to start Insanity until he puts on a few more pounds). So I didn't want to wait and psych myself out!

shakemybooty- I agree, they have super long arms! I was thinking the same thing, I kept checking my positioning in the mirror to see if I was right on. I seemed to be in the correct form but don't look as umm...comfortable?! as they do!!

ceelovejay-thanks for your input, I appreciate it. It helps seeing what other people's thoughts are!!

jennieodwyer- I'm with you on the packaged meals. I was trying to switch a Lean Cuisine out for a turkey sandwich now and again but it didn't affect my sodium. I tend to be pressed for time as well around lunch so if I can get in a quick frozen meal, I tend to go for that. I wish I could change that habit but I haven't gotten that far yet!!

fittkitty-welcome!! glad to have you! stick with us, we are pretty active if I do say so myself!! And it definitely helps checking in with everyone to keep me motivated to push play!!

Hopefully I didn't misspell too many names or words!! It's hard playing catch up! LoL.

I had Plyo this AM. Definitely kept my HR up and sweating my tail off but it did feel better than the first go around. I had gotten to the gym a little early so when I finished early, I threw in Ab Ripper from P90x to get in an extra ab workout. Considering I can sit my butt on the floor and just work my core...I was okay with that!! :smile: With the busy weekend coming up, it felt good just to drag out my 'me time' a little longer!! And the kids were still sleeping when I go home so I enjoyed my protein shake quietly!!
  • Umpire57
    Umpire57 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Guess I will check in here:

I started the program on 2/21 and did the first 4 weeks. I did not feel like I had progressed enough so I decided to start back over at the start and now I am ending Week 2 again.

Fit Test Results: 2/21, 3/7 & 3/21

Switch Kicks: 60/80/100
    Power Jacks: 48/51/52
    Power Knees: 50/90/98 (Day 1 - I could not keep my balance)
    Power Jumps: 27/30/32
    Globe Jumps: 9/11/11
    Suicide Jumps: 12/15/13 (HATE going down)
    Push Up Jacks: 21/22/25
    Low Plank Oblique: 23/30/27 (x2)
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All!!!!
    Welcome to all the newcomers!!!!

Today was rest day for me:bigsmile:
    ANd I also had weigh in day :sad:

I have to vent for aminute and say I am really frustrated with my progress!!!!! I started Insanity about 3 weeks ago to try and "shake things up". Prior to that I was running 6 days per week and doing weights 4 days per week. ( I have been active, running etc. for almost 10 years. ). About 9 months ago I got to my lowest weight (157) and my goal is 150-155ish. (I am 5'8). I kept the weight off for about 6 months, and then after running the disney marathon, I gained about 7 pounds, and for the past 3 months have fluctuated between 161-165. I bought a bodymedia system to get an idea of my calorie burn and generally I burn about 2300-2800 calories per day. for a while I was eating about 1500-1800 calories per day with a average daily defecit of 600 calories. then I tried increasing up to about 1800-2000 calories per day and was averaging roughly 500 calorie defecit per day. Still no loss. I have been measuring and I cant say whether I have lost inches, because I am not convinced that I am putting the tape measure in the same spot each time, but if I have lost any inches its very minimal, like less than 1/4 inch. I drink at least 96 ounces of water per day and am careful about sodium intake. I track/measure/weigh EVERYTHING. I dont log on my diary here because I do it on the bodymedia site, and logging both places was getting to be too much. I even include an additional 10% in my calorie intake to account for possible mis-measurements. My clothes all were feeling tighter after I had put on the 7 pounds, and I havent noticed that they are fitting better :cry:
    I am careful about avoiding starchy carbs (potatoes, pasta, white bread, sweets, etc.) I dont drink caffeine. I eat organic high fiber foods, dont go crazy with carbs. I have one diet soda per day which is Zevia, all natural, no artificial sweeter,flavors, etc. ..I eat lots of protein.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ANy thoughts?? Last year when i starte to lose the weight I had gone to a nutritionist and they had me eating roughtly 1400 calories per day, limiting carbs to 1 whole grain per day, no dairy, (except greek yogurt due to high protein), and I was taking an ultrameal shake in am in liue of breakfast....I am wondering if I should decrease my calories, although if I cut back to 1400 per day i will be averaging 1000 calorie defecit per day....

Any thoughts welcome. Also newcomers feel free to add me as friend! I am also posting this on my home page so you may see this twice.

Thanks you guys for reading this!!! You guys rock!!