INSANITY - Updates & Progress- New Group

Options

Replies

• jennieodwyer
    jennieodwyer Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options

Also you guys have to notice the guy in the video during pure cardio that cracks me up. He is in the middle row, wearing grey shorts and grey insanity shirt. Black hair and bushy eyebrows. During the swithkicks he starts off going really slow and seems unmotivated, then he looks up and realizes the camera is on him and really kicks it up a few notches. Makes me laugh every time....(well not so much laugh as make a gasping grunting noise that would be a laugh if I had the air/strength/energy)

Yeah I have noticed that in several of the videos. If you look in the background when they are filming individuals you can see some of the others think they are off camera and sometimes seem to half-a*s it. It makes me feel better though :laugh:

Have fun on your trip!
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    I have been doing along but I am checking the progress of the group to keep me motivated. Please feel to friend me, we can support one another. Yesterday I did Day 3 and Day 4. Today I am planning to do Day 5 and Day 6.
    [/quote]

Welcome!! Wow, 2 workouts a day? That is Insanity!!!!!
    Good for you! Friend request coming!!!
  • kcmomof2
    kcmomof2 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone.

I am so glad it is Saturday. I did my favorite workout today - Max Interval Sports Training. :) LOVE this one.

My wonderful husband scheduled a massage for me this afternoon. He figured since I have been abusing my body for the last 5+ months it was time. I am so ready for it.

Tomorrow is my off day. Have a great weekend.
  • avoisinet
    avoisinet Posts: 14
    Options
    SO glad to see this thread. I started Insanity about 2 weeks ago. I can only do it 4 days a week but I am sticking with it. I LOVE the way I feel and am thrilled I found something so challenging. As I type this I am trying to keep myself from puking...just finished plyometric cardio. This tread will keep me motivated. Thanks and look forward to see how we all do.
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    I have been doing along but I am checking the progress of the group to keep me motivated. Please feel to friend me, we can support one another. Yesterday I did Day 3 and Day 4. Today I am planning to do Day 5 and Day 6.

Welcome!! Wow, 2 workouts a day? That is Insanity!!!!!
    That's amazing that you have the stamina to do two workouts in one day. Wow!!
  • lovetowrite73
    Options
    SO glad to see this thread. I started Insanity about 2 weeks ago. I can only do it 4 days a week but I am sticking with it. I LOVE the way I feel and am thrilled I found something so challenging. As I type this I am trying to keep myself from puking...just finished plyometric cardio. This tread will keep me motivated. Thanks and look forward to see how we all do.
    Welcome!!
  • lovetowrite73
    Options
    Hello everyone.

I am so glad it is Saturday. I did my favorite workout today - Max Interval Sports Training. :) LOVE this one.

My wonderful husband scheduled a massage for me this afternoon. He figured since I have been abusing my body for the last 5+ months it was time. I am so ready for it.

Tomorrow is my off day. Have a great weekend.
    That is great, kc!! I hope you enjoy it. I just recently said that my reward for completing this program will be my first REAL massage at a spa. If I can work it out, I'm hoping to get an entire spa day from the S.O. :laugh:
  • lovetowrite73
    Options
    Today was Plyometric Cardio Circuit. I put a video up on my Tumblr of me doing one rep of the second circuit. It's good for laughs. My upper body strength SUCKS. Ugh.

I'm looking forward to resting tomorrow! You guys enjoy the rest of your weekend. Dawn, have a safe trip!
  • ldon37
    ldon37 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    We are on vacation in Orlando this week, and I did my Insanity workout today! Pure Cardio. I brought my laptop and a couple Insanity dvd's so I could keep at it at least a little bit on our vacation. I laugh because I can only imagine what people would have thought if they heard the noises coming from our room - lots of jumping and gasping sounds. My husband said he will probably get some not-deserved high fives today.
  • JessJoJell
    Options
    I was thinking about doing INSANITY?? Im just afraid maybe Im not physicaly fit enough to do it yet? Any thoughts?? Thanks
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Today was my first day of week 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    which means today was my last day of pure cardio!!!!!!!:happy: (wish I could insert smiley that was jumping shouting and dong flips)

I cant believe it. i just looked at the workouts for the week and I have ANOTHER pure cardio workout this week. 2 in one week. :cry:
    I thought i was all done with pure cardio....(big sigh)
  • lnfowler887
    lnfowler887 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm also doing insanity. I just finished day 6.. its been tough so.far, and i've had to take some breaks while doing it, but I can feel myself getting stronger!
  • jennieodwyer
    Options
    We are on vacation in Orlando this week, and I did my Insanity workout today! Pure Cardio. I brought my laptop and a couple Insanity dvd's so I could keep at it at least a little bit on our vacation. I laugh because I can only imagine what people would have thought if they heard the noises coming from our room - lots of jumping and gasping sounds. My husband said he will probably get some not-deserved high fives today.

Haha love it! :laugh:
  • jennieodwyer
    Options
    Finally figured out how to make a side-by-side pic. It is posted on my profile. It shows my 6 week progress and the after pic was taken a week after I started Insanity. Check it out.
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Just did my plyometric workout for the first time. Was ready to puke after the warm-up! Couldnt keep up with everything they were doing, but I was doing my best. Gonna dig deeper tomorrow! Loving Instanity!!! Anyone else just starting? I'd love to know how did others do at the beginning. And about my comment earlier that I wasnt sore after the fit test, well, I AM SORE NOW! but it feels good. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm on week 3. The soreness has faded but muscle fatigue and creaky knees remain!! LoL. I was having some trouble with back soreness but that seems to have faded as well. I'm pretty stoked that those are the complaints because none of that is going to stop me from finishing this out!! I don't think that my huffing and puffing has improved much but I think it's because I can push through more reps of each exercise now. Which Shaun T seems to think is a good think because you can 'just keep pushing harder' but personally as cute as he is...I am starting to agree with others that he's the devil!!:laugh:
  • mamareese
    Options

Booty -- enjoy those compliments. And I love that your kids are noticing. My daughter got up for one of the workouts -- and I'm gasping and grunting and this little toothpick of a girl informs me that maybe it's just not working cause I still look a little flabby. If I would've had the energy I probably would have thrown her into the next room. she must've known from the gasping that she was safe! I look foarward to seeing results. I can tell that I'm getting stronger in that the 2nd round of plyo was a lot easier and didn't leave me walking funny!

Today is my rest day! Might go for a sanity run. Crazy busy day!

Enjoy the day!
    Julie

Hope you got in our sanity run and that it was just that...pure sanity!!
  • mamareese
    Options

Also you guys have to notice the guy in the video during pure cardio that cracks me up. He is in the middle row, wearing grey shorts and grey insanity shirt. Black hair and bushy eyebrows. During the swithkicks he starts off going really slow and seems unmotivated, then he looks up and realizes the camera is on him and really kicks it up a few notches. Makes me laugh every time....(well not so much laugh as make a gasping grunting noise that would be a laugh if I had the air/strength/energy)

Hope you all have a great weekend!!!!

I had Pure Cardi today too and def. noticed the guy you mentioned. And the kid in the black and red shorts...Shaun T tells him to take a break because his form is off...he goes over and stays on the side for like 4 moves, then the guy that was in the same row as him moves over to take up his spot...I'm guessing he was directed too because that way on film it looks less obvious that someone is missing!!

Enjoy that vacation!
  • lovetowrite73
    Options
    Finally figured out how to make a side-by-side pic. It is posted on my profile. It shows my 6 week progress and the after pic was taken a week after I started Insanity. Check it out.
    Jennie, WOW!! You look fabulous!!
  • mamareese
    Options
    2nd fit test day! The results are in:

Switch kicks 63, 62 (-1) boo
    Power Jacks 50, 60 (+10)
    Power knees 98, 107 (+9)
    Power Jumps 35, 40 (+5)
    Globe Jumps 13, 11 (-2) *I had much better form this time around so I am pleased
    Suicide Jumps 11, 16 (+5)
    Push Up Jacks 18, 22 (+4) I can tell that I am getting much better at these
    Low Plank Oblique 40, 50 (+10)

I am overall pleased with the results. I am a little disapointed with the switch kicks since I thought I would blow that out of the water :bigsmile: but I think I am not the only one that saw a random drop in those. I was very pleased with my power jacks, power jumps, and push up jacks. It was hard but I felt like I had better control this time around. Happy Saturday!

Great job. Definite improvements and I think you are right on...when we really figure out what good form is, it makes a big difference!!
  • armywifeinpink
    Options
    New to the group!!! And sooooo happy I found a group for Insanity!!! I have started and stopped and started and stopped, BUT I am willing to give it another go and keep trying until I get through the whole program with one shot!

My goal is to start with day 1 this Monday on April 4th!

Any advice???

Feel free to add me for support!! :)