INSANITY - Updates & Progress- New Group

Options
mamareese
mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
Here's a group for those of us doing Insanity to check in, stay motivated with great feedback, and as another poster suggested share our fit test results.

I don't have my results with me but I'll post my first go at it later on!!

Welcome all!!

Replies

• mamareese
    Options
    Anyone that wants motivation on your wall too, feel free to add me - I try to stay active in the community so I'd be glad to give you an morning WTG!! :smile:
  • jabdye
    jabdye Posts: 4,059 Member
    Options
    GREAT! Once I start I will post my results --
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    I started about 1.5 weeks ago. Glad that there is a thread here, because I will definately need the motivation and support! I am tracking measurements and weight, and so far I have actually gained weight, but hopefully its just water or who knows. Look forward to meeting you all!! My goal for insanity is to lose some weight (10 pounds) and get healthy, improve running time, and tone up.

Dawn
  • mamareese
    Options
    Great to have you! Hopefully we'll acquire a good group that can keep us motivated through the program! I just hit day 6 and though I love it, my body is begging for a rest day. So I'm glad it's 6 out of 7 days. This morning was rough getting through Plyo the 2nd time. But it was great to feel all that burn running through my body! And it definitely helps me up my water which I'd been having problems with before I started Insanity.

I had read a post earlier were some ladies were just getting started (or in the early phase) of Insanity and wanted to reach out and motivate each other. So hopefully, we'll get a good mix. It's definitely a hard program but from everything I've seen and read it will be worth it.

I'm with you on hoping to lose some weight and tone up. I'm at the stubborn 10-15lb mark and need to fight through the last obstacle! This definitely seems like a good, healthy way to get in a workout. So I'm still excited on Day 6...ask me again on day 46! *lol*

We can proceed however anyone wants. We can do measurement and weight updates, if we want or just stick with motivating and posting our fit test results as we go! Whatever works for everyone!

Have a great day all!
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Mine is being delivered as we speak! Should be here within the next couple days.
  • jabdye
    jabdye Posts: 4,059 Member
    Options
    Dawn -- I'm a runner too! Just finished my 2nd marathon on sunday. Once I recover my husband and I are going to start. I'm running in a 1/2 in September -- so I'm hoping this will help me shed a few pounds - tone up - and run faster :bigsmile:
  • TamDTam
    TamDTam Posts: 115
    Options
    OoOOo a group I can join... I have started Insanity AGAIN... but then Aunt Flow came & I feel like I have the flu along with the worst case of morning sickness ever... so Im just taking it easy this week... doing my treadmill for 30 mins and doing the Insanity Fit test a few times... on Monday ( March 28) I will start over and complete the 60 days

I'd love Biggest Loser-type results but at this point, I just want to finish the program

Is there a way to subscribe to the thread so I dont have to search for it??
  • mamareese
    Options
    OoOOo a group I can join... I have started Insanity AGAIN... but then Aunt Flow came & I feel like I have the flu along with the worst case of morning sickness ever... so Im just taking it easy this week... doing my treadmill for 30 mins and doing the Insanity Fit test a few times... on Monday ( March 28) I will start over and complete the 60 days

I'd love Biggest Loser-type results but at this point, I just want to finish the program

Is there a way to subscribe to the thread so I dont have to search for it??

It'll stick in your 'My topics' as long as you post every so often. Hope that helps. And of course you are welcome! Just trying to group together some people crazy enough to go through Insanity! :tongue:

I plan on finding my fit test results soon and posting those so I can keep track of where I was vs where I am when I go through that again. So if you want to do that, have at it! If not, just chat with us and we'll keep ourselves on track!!
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Good luck to all of you! I finished Insanity on 3/16/11 and had great results. Stick with it...it's worth it!
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    I remember your pics in Success Stories, newmeat. Very motivating! :happy:

I hope that this group will actually stay active. That seems to have been an issue with Insanity posts in here. Here are my results from the initial fit test done last week Monday:

Switch kicks - 45
    Power jacks - 45
    Power knees - 78
    Power jumps - 18
    Globe jumps - 7
    Suicide jumps - 9
    Push-up jacks - 12
    Low plank obliques - 36
  • ldon37
    ldon37 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Just started today with the fit test! Here are my results:
    switch kicks 112 (i may have counted this wrong - counted with each alternating leg)
    power jacks 54
    power knees 69
    power jumps 28
    globe jumps 8
    suicide jumps 12
    push-up jacks 3 (very sad!)
    low plank oblique 44

Looking forward to plyometric cardio circuit tomorrow! Good luck to all! I can't wait to hear your results/thoughts. We can only get better from here, right? (esp. my pathetic push-up attempt)
  • jennieodwyer
    jennieodwyer Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I will need to get my stats! :happy:
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Just finished cardio/plyometrics. I HATE globe jumping!!!! (its a love/hate relationship)
    Does anyone else have troule with the walking pushups?? I cant do them. I can do about 8 regular push ups and then down to my knees...I will post my initial fit test results here later!!!! Have a great day everyone!!!
  • mamareese
    Options
    dawn~Globe jumps and frog jumps kick my butt! As good as I thought I was getting with pushups, by the time you get to them part way into the workout, I'm so worked up that I struggle! I'm sure it'll get better, but yowser!

Today was my rest day. And I'm thankful for that! Got to sleep in a whole hour and a half! Of course, I woke up to 4 more inches of snow after we JUST got rid of all of it. Gotta love Pennsylvania! Looking forward to getting in a good burn tomorrow after resting up today. I'll be grabbing my fitness results tonight and posting them as well.

Good luck to all who still have to get their workout in today and great job to all who already have!!
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    switch kicks 112 (i may have counted this wrong - counted with each alternating leg)
    A rep equals you kicking each leg once. So, if you did 112, that means you did 224 all together. If you counted for each leg, then your number is 56, which either way is amazing!!

I mixed up my days. I don't know why I was so convinced that recovery days were Wednesday, so I wound up doing Cardio Recovery today instead of the Plyo Circuit. I'll just do that tomorrow. :smile:
  • jennieodwyer
    Options
    Ok here are my stats from my first fit test from Sat:

Switch kicks - 63
    Power jacks - 50
    Power knees - 98
    Power jumps - 35
    Globe jumps - 13
    Suicide jumps - 11
    Push-up jacks - 18 (only got halfway down on some but still counted them since I did get some up/down action :wink: )
    Low plank obliques - 40

The test whipped me!
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Fit Test #1:

Switch kicks - 45
    Power jacks - 46
    Power knees - 65
    Power jumps - 20
    Globe jumps - 10
    Suicide jumps - 10
    Push-up jacks - 15
    Low plank obliques - 50

Fit Test #2:

Switch kicks - 45 (Cee-I think I counted each leg before instead of 2 =1 rep)
    Power jacks - 58
    Power knees - 108
    Power jumps - 26
    Globe jumps - 14
    Suicide jumps - 13
    Push-up jacks - 24
    Low plank obliques - 71
  • mamareese
    Options
    shakemybooty-great improvement way to go!! That's awesome and sooo motivating!! Thanks for sharing your progress!
  • jennieodwyer
    Options
    So today was Day 5 and I had a hard time getting myself up this morning to do it. I am sure I was just tired and I fought through but did anyone else notice a particular day in the beginning where is was particularly hard to push play?
  • mamareese
    Options
    So today was Day 5 and I had a hard time getting myself up this morning to do it. I am sure I was just tired and I fought through but did anyone else notice a particular day in the beginning where is was particularly hard to push play?

Mine was exactly the same Day 5. I was so amped up the first 4 days but I knew the night of day 4 that my body was getting to a point of needing a rest day. So even though I did get up and do it, I was sooo thankful it was the last day before my rest day. And even though it's only the morning of my rest day, I'm already feeling a little less sore and ready to get at it in the AM.