INSANITY - Updates & Progress- New Group

Options

Replies

• jennieodwyer
    jennieodwyer Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    So today was Day 5 and I had a hard time getting myself up this morning to do it. I am sure I was just tired and I fought through but did anyone else notice a particular day in the beginning where is was particularly hard to push play?

Mine was exactly the same Day 5. I was so amped up the first 4 days but I knew the night of day 4 that my body was getting to a point of needing a rest day. So even though I did get up and do it, I was sooo thankful it was the last day before my rest day. And even though it's only the morning of my rest day, I'm already feeling a little less sore and ready to get at it in the AM.

Oh good. I am glad to hear that I am not the only one. Can't wait for rest day :) I am also excited about Cardio Abs next week. Yeah ask me how my opinion might have changed after I actually do the workout! :laugh:
  • kcmomof2
    kcmomof2 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Oh good. I am glad to hear that I am not the only one. Can't wait for rest day :) I am also excited about Cardio Abs next week. Yeah ask me how my opinion might have changed after I actually do the workout! :laugh:

Cardio Abs is not too bad (only 16 minutes), but Insane Abs (32 minutes) is just that INSANE! :laugh:

I have been doing Insanity for 5 months now; currently doing the 2nd month workouts again. I LOVE it. :smile:
  • katebrennan
    katebrennan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh....I am so very glad I found this thread!

My husband and I are going to Mexico for our 10th anniversary. I vowed to begin Insanity the day we booked & paid for the trip. That was 2.5 weeks ago. I followed the calendar for 10 days and have slacked off since then.

I am excited to use this group the same way as others who've posted: keep me honest! A friend posts everyday on fb but I'm not sure I need all those people to know my exercise business...not that they'd care:)

I will post my FitTest #1 results later. Is everyone going to post daily??

Thanks for getting this started!

~Kate
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Cardio Abs is not too bad (only 16 minutes), but Insane Abs (32 minutes) is just that INSANE! :laugh:
    Oh my...32 minutes of ab-focused work? Hmm...I do Cardio Abs for the first time on Saturday. 16 minutes scares me a little. :laugh:
  • lovetowrite73
    Options
    Ohhhh....I am so very glad I found this thread!

My husband and I are going to Mexico for our 10th anniversary. I vowed to begin Insanity the day we booked & paid for the trip. That was 2.5 weeks ago. I followed the calendar for 10 days and have slacked off since then.

I am excited to use this group the same way as others who've posted: keep me honest! A friend posts everyday on fb but I'm not sure I need all those people to know my exercise business...not that they'd care:)

I will post my FitTest #1 results later. Is everyone going to post daily??

Thanks for getting this started!

~Kate
    Welcome! I plan on posting daily. Hopefully we can keep the thread going. :smile:
  • kcmomof2
    Options
    Oh my...32 minutes of ab-focused work? Hmm...I do Cardio Abs for the first time on Saturday. 16 minutes scares me a little. :laugh:

Let us know how you do/like it! :smile:
  • ldon37
    ldon37 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    switch kicks 112 (i may have counted this wrong - counted with each alternating leg)
    A rep equals you kicking each leg once. So, if you did 112, that means you did 224 all together. If you counted for each leg, then your number is 56, which either way is amazing!!

I mixed up my days. I don't know why I was so convinced that recovery days were Wednesday, so I wound up doing Cardio Recovery today instead of the Plyo Circuit. I'll just do that tomorrow. :smile:
    [/quote

Yeah, after seeing others' results, I think my number is 56. I was counting each leg as one. Thanks!! Good luck on your workouts!
  • jennieodwyer
    Options

I have been doing Insanity for 5 months now; currently doing the 2nd month workouts again. I LOVE it. :smile:

Wow second round! Great Job. What were your results from the first round?
  • kcmomof2
    Options

Unfortunately I didn't take any measurements when I first started doing Insanity last October. I was just wanting to lose weight. I can tell you since then I am down 40 lbs. and 4 dress sizes.
  • jennieodwyer
    Options

Unfortunately I didn't take any measurements when I first started doing Insanity last October. I was just wanting to lose weight. I can tell you since then I am down 40 lbs. and 4 dress sizes.

Thats awesome!
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Wow! That IS awesome!! Did you take any breaks between rounds or did you just start right up again?
  • kcmomof2
    Options
    Wow! That IS awesome!! Did you take any breaks between rounds or did you just start right up again?

Thank you.

No breaks just kept going. Still am 6 days a week. I haven't done the 1st month workouts for a few months now. I just follow the 2nd month schedule. Shaun T. still kicks my *kitten* every morning, but I love how I feel afterwards. :smile:
  • kcmomof2
    Options

Thats awesome!

Thank you.
  • lovetowrite73
    Options
    I echo the others, kcmom, that is great!!!
  • kcmomof2
    Options
    I echo the others, kcmom, that is great!!!

Thank you. I am finally back into some of my honeymoon clothes from 4+ years ago. Marriage, quitting smoking and two pregnancies later I am finally back on track to where I should be.

Good luck to everyone.

Dig deeper! :)
  • alyssa83202
    alyssa83202 Posts: 334
    Options
    I ordered Insanity yesterday, got an email today that says it should arrive by the 29th! Can I still join?
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    kcmom great job!!!!!!!! I hope I can have even a quarter of your results. I have been in a plateau for almost 3 months so hoping this helps!! Alyssa, welcome and sure join in when you start!!!

Here is my original fit test results. I take my next fit test this sat. I am a little nervous for tomorrow cuz I do the pure cardio and first the first time do cardio abs afterwards...wish me luck!!

Fit test:
    switch kicks 6
    power jacks 51
    power knees 94
    power jumps 25
    globe jumps 8 (hate these)
    suicide jumps 12
    push up jacks 15
    low plank oblique 61 (30) --Not sure how this works and I forget how it was timed, but this is what I wrote down.

Have a great night everyone!!
  • jhdh
    jhdh Posts: 9
    Options
    So today was day three. It seems like a good workout and my hope is to stick with it. I tried P90X but had a hard time sticking with the program. Mostly I think it was because I was bored.:yawn: I can honestly say that I am not bored doing this workout. Actually by the end I feel like I am going to die so it makes me think I am getting a good workout in. Hope everyone else feels the same because how could we avoid something that kicks our butts so hard :laugh:
  • ebonirose
    ebonirose Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm on my second week of Insanity. I feel like throwing in the towel but. I know it'll be worth it in the end. Love to join the group, hopefully I'll drop a bit of weight, already down 3lbs since starting Insanity, starting to see the change in my body.
    Heaviest Weight: 174 (Nov 2010)
    Current Weight: 158
    Mini Goal Weight: 150 (April 16)
    Goal Weight: 140 (Jun 1st)
    Bridesmaid Goal: 135 (Aug 15th)
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    I survived pure cardio followed by pure abs!!! This is not going to be a workout I look forward to doing again!! I hate frog jumps!!!!!!
    I am feeling stronger, especially my legs. No changes with measurements yet, but I take the fit test in a couple days and looking forward to seeing the results.
    Very happy for day off tomorrow!!!
    Hope you all are having a great day!!!