Canned tuna recipes?

Options
heniko
heniko Posts: 796 Member
Hi everyone!

I am looking for ideas on how to use canned tuna other then in tuna salad, salad niçoise and tuna morney(tuna noodle casserole) .... thanks!

Replies

• RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    I'm kinda simple with my canned tuna:

albacore tuna chunks in water
    drain water
    balsamic vinegar
    chinese five spice
    mix
    eat.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Open can. Drain. Eat with a fork straight out of the can. :laugh:

Seriously, I'd like to hear the answers to this too. I don't have a clue what to do with it, other than eating it with crackers or on a sandwich.
  • heniko
    Options
    Mmm that's sounds interesting!
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    lime juice and a hint of homemade olive oil and vinegar dressing is really good on it. :)
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Open can. Drain. Eat with a fork straight out of the can. :laugh:

Seriously, I'd like to hear the answers to this too. I don't have a clue what to do with it, other than eating it with crackers or on a sandwich.

I'm right with this poster...I never knew how tasty tuna can be WITHOUT mayo/miracle whip...

break it up with a fork; throw it on some bread (or deli flat), add some reduced fat/fat free mozzarella...place in oven until cheese melts...have you a tuna melt :)
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to the posts on this as well.. getting a bit tired of the light mayo/celery/Old Bay version I normally mix up....
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Go to www.tunathewonderfish.com for a ton of recipes!
  • lruff1987
    lruff1987 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I mix mine with diced carrots, cucumbers, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic salt, and fresh ground black pepper. Sometimes I put a hardboiled egg in it too. It's really good! Especially with a brown rice tortilla that's been toasted either in a toaster oven or regular oven. :)
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    tuna cakes are always good.. throw in anything you like..

ie
    tuna
    mayo or greek yogurt (binder)
    seasonings (garlic, onion, dill, etc etc)
    even add a lil leftover potato or brown rice as filler if you like

hand form into patties, sear or bake til a lil browned/heated through (use a touch of pam to prevent sticking)

serve with mustard or a homemade tartar sauce (greek yogurt, chopped dill pickle and lemon juice)

i personally love them *L*
  • FitNHappy0261
    Options
    Check out this link. It's for healthy sandwiches and I know not all of them include tuna but #9 is a tuna BURGER recipe which sounds fantastic!
    http://www.shape.com/healthy-eating/eat-better-live-healthier/low-calorie-recipes/healthy-sandwich-recipes?slide=28373
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LilyBugsMommy
    LilyBugsMommy Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    bump
  • topazzzoe
    topazzzoe Posts: 12
    Options
    I like to make a simple pasta great for a quick dinner.

- Start your penne pasta.

- Saute off your choice of fresh veggies. (I like halfed grape tomatos (tossed in after you add the pasta), green beans, olives, a little garlic, and spinach. But anything you like will work.)

- Add a can of tuna and heat through.

- Season with salt and pepper.

- Deglaze with a cup of chicken stock and a dash of white wine. Add a little cream or milk if you like.

- Drain pasta and add to vegetable mixture.

Toss everything togher and serve.
  • ajbeans
    Options
    What does "deglaze" mean?
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    sounds really awesome!! Definitely going to try this one out! :)
  • topazzzoe
    topazzzoe Posts: 12
    Options
    It means to get the little bit of liquid to what you are cooking. It will help you get the little bits of yummyness off the bottom of the pan you are cooking in.
  • ajbeans
    Options
    It means to get the little bit of liquid to what you are cooking. It will help you get the little bits of yummyness off the bottom of the pan you are cooking in.

Thanks! That recipe sounds good. I'm going to try it sometime. :)
  • heniko
    Options
    All great ideas friends! The mayo-less tuna melt I will try tomorrow. The pasta seems lovely too. Checking the site linked now Thanks!!!
  • monicaP413
    monicaP413 Posts: 165
    Options
    bump