What kind of bread do you eat?

Options
Hello all! I am new to MFP and have been blown away by how many calories is in the bread that I eat. I've been eating Sara Lee's Honey Wheat bread. I'm just looking for other ideas for bread - what kind of bread do you guys like to eat?

Replies

• allystone
    allystone Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I eat the Sara Lee's Honey Wheat..as well, or plain wheat..whatever the 45 calorie per slice one is, I love it.
  • mixmastermolly
    Options
    I rarely eat bread but eat Thomas' Sandwich Thins, Light English Muffins, and Bagel Thins often. :) I also eat Tumaro's Tortillas in place of bread.
  • Meganne1982
    Meganne1982 Posts: 451
    Options
    I don't eat a lot of bread. I'm not "low carb", per se, but def "carb conscious". I eat Ezekiel sprouted grain bread. I love it, but it is an aquired taste, I think :)
  • rmcheathbabe
    Options
    Fiber One Honey Wheat Bread--packed with fiber and you get two slices for 100 cals! The best part is that it's soft and yummy...no cardboard bread here!
  • Frappuzzino
    Frappuzzino Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I stopped eating bread last month. :) When I DID eat bread, I ate the Arnold's Whole Grain bread. It was good and pretty low cal. :)
  • monicaP413
    monicaP413 Posts: 165
    Options
    I eat wheat bread. I think white bread is the lowest calorie count, but I want to be healthy, so 10 calories more for wheat is fine with me. I am trying to go with everything wheat, instead of white, which I have always done. I think honey wheat is a lot higher than regular wheat. Just compare the calorie count on the bags. And welcome to MFP!!!
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Orowheat Heath-full 10-grain. The Hearty Wheat is good too.

BB_Sliced_Healthfull_10Grain_Label.gif

I'm not focused so much on the calories, as also on the sodium, carbs, fats, etc.

This was one of the better ones I could find, without going to a specialty bread.
  • tdpassley
    tdpassley Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I try to buy Nature's Own White Wheat bread. 55 calories a slice, but also has 2 grams of fiber per slice.
  • TamDTam
    TamDTam Posts: 115
    Options
    Trader Joe's quinoa bread....otherwise, whole wheat bread
  • indycello
    indycello Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    none. I'm gluten intolerant :)
  • steffilily
    steffilily Posts: 149
    Options
    Earthgrains. 35 calories per slice.
  • amalin84
    amalin84 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I eat Arnold's Multigrain Bread or Arnold's Double Protein bread. I try to have a high-protein/low carb diet. Also, Fiber One came out with wraps. The only one i would recommend is the Honey Wheat Wraps
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    silver hills sprouted breads (love the Squirrelly one)
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I eat the Sara Lee's Honey Wheat..as well, or plain wheat..whatever the 45 calorie per slice one is, I love it.

ditto!!
  • Carolynsb3
    Options
    I can't eat bread. It makes me into a shark an hour later. My eyes roll back in my head and I start devouring everything in sight. Even the healthy breads do that to me. I can deal with corn tortillas and that is about it.
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Earth Grains wheat berry. Really, everyone gives bread a bad rap, but if you're buying good stuff, the health benefits are so great! Highly recommend Ezekiel as well.

Good for the soul.
  • MrsBrosco
    MrsBrosco Posts: 295
    Options
    HILLBILLY BREAD, Yummmmmmm :)
  • plagirl227
    plagirl227 Posts: 134
    Options
    Nature's Own wheat, double fiber - 50 calories per slice.
  • SarahR1984
    SarahR1984 Posts: 212
    Options
    I don't eat bread much since I'm a recovering carboholic ;) When I do I get Nature's Pride Double Fiber (whole grain always). It has 100 cals a slice which isn't great but it has more fiber and I have a little one who needs more fiber. Plus it's on sale usually. But whatever I get has to be #1 whole grain and #2 on sale:) I never knew there was lower cal bread, didn't really think about it....
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I get kroger lite whole wheat buns and hamburger buns. They have 80 calories. I also eat wheat bread thins for 100 calories.