What kind of bread do you eat?

Options

Replies

• SarahR1984
    SarahR1984 Posts: 212
    Options
    I can't eat bread. It makes me into a shark an hour later. My eyes roll back in my head and I start devouring everything in sight. Even the healthy breads do that to me. I can deal with corn tortillas and that is about it.

sounds like me! lol
  • ShrinkingNinja
    ShrinkingNinja Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I don't eat a lot of bread. I'm not "low carb", per se, but def "carb conscious". I eat Ezekiel sprouted grain bread. I love it, but it is an aquired taste, I think :)

LOVE this bread. It is all I eat when I eat bread. They make wraps, english muffins and spagetti noodles too!
  • Ridestolive6969
    Options
    I also eat very few carbs from bread, but when I just have to have some, I eat Ener-g Light brown rice loaf, it is wheat, gluten and dairy free and 50 calories a slice. 6 grams net carbs.:drinker:
  • LOVEsummer
    LOVEsummer Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Ezekiel Low Sodium It's sprouted bread, 0mg of sodium (WOOHOO!!!) and no High fructose corn syrup! and honestly it fills me up better than the low cal sliced stuff... it's 80 cals/ slice
  • th3r00st3r
    Options
    Sara Lee 45 Calorie Whole Wheat. That with some turkey and mustard makes a good snack!
  • diviana
    diviana Posts: 53
    Options
    I eat Oroweat or Arnold's sandwich thins. Lower in calories and carbs. I eat one a day.
  • susancelli928
    Options
    Wonder Whole Grain Bread. But I heard that Rye Bread is the better than wheat.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Nature's Own 100% Whole Wheat - sugar free. 50 calories per slice.
  • randi50
    randi50 Posts: 112
    Options
    Natures Own has one that is 35 cals
    I also eat Sara Lee Delightful 45 cal wheat
    or our store's generic whole wheat bread and it is 50 a slice
  • Aps123
    Aps123 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Healthy Life (low carb) only 35 cals no hfcs.
  • uubulldawg06
    uubulldawg06 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    i use Thomas white wheat sandwich rounds ( 100 calorie) and i use whole wheat bagel thins (110 calorie)
  • Jiverson1
    Jiverson1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Natures Own Double Fiber Wheat Bread. 5g of Fiber in each slice. Way fewer calories & fat +you stay full longer due to all the fiber!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    It varies...right now I have Natures Own honey wheat (35 cals per slice), Pepperidge Farms sandwich thins (100 per thin), pumpernickle (80 per slice) and english muffins in the fridge. I like the NO products better because they are thicker than the SL and PF "light" breads. I also will buy oat bread, rye, sourdough and other wheat breads. Just depends on what I feel like eatting and what I plan on serving/doing with the bread. I have cut the carbs in my intake, but as part of a lifestyle change not a diet. I still enjoy breads, just not as much of them as I did in the past.
  • MOOOSEEE3
    MOOOSEEE3 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Country Kitchen Light Oatmeal Bread - 35 calories a slice - Trust me...I tried so many other brands of oatmeal bread before I discovered this. Everyone in the house likes it too! Score!
  • cbrownmiles
    Options
    I buy Healthy Life bread that I purchase at Kroger. It is not too expensive ($2 or so) and it is only 35 calories per slice. That's half of most other breads. I also use Ole brand low carb, high fiber tortillas that are only 70 calories each. These are the large ones too that you can stuff full of veggies and such.
  • missfittin_missy
    missfittin_missy Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    healthy life.... 6 carb low sodium white bread.... I just cant do the wheat thing! 70 Cals for 2 slices
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Miltons Multi-Grain (110 cals 1 piece)
    Oroweat Whole Wheat Sandwich Thins (100 cal 1 roll)

My two favorites

I also really like Natures Pride Multi-Grain (110 cal 1 slice) & Trader Joe has one made from Ancient Grains...it's amazing but higher in calories (but way good for you!) I think it was 130 cals a slice.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I don't really eat bread these days, but if I am really starving and there's nothing else I have seeded wrap bread, or wholewheat mini rolls (only 50 cals).
  • exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Ezekiel Low Sodium It's sprouted bread, 0mg of sodium (WOOHOO!!!) and no High fructose corn syrup! and honestly it fills me up better than the low cal sliced stuff... it's 80 cals/ slice
    Agreed! 4 grams of protein per slice as well. I like the texture of the bread. Even the regular sprouted variety only has under 100mg of sodium per slice.
  • brittanym30
    Options
    I like Pepperidge Farm, Soft Wheat — 45 calories per slice :)
    Or the Pepperidge Farm Sandwich deli flats — 100 calories each