How much did you lose before you lost a size?

Options
CuteMommy88
CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
So I have lost 22lbs and I am still wearing the same size I was 22lbs ago, so I was just wondering how much everyone else has lost to actually go down a dress size??

Replies

• CassieH818
    CassieH818 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I have lost 30 and went from a 16 to a 14. UGH!!!! I think us Mommas carry it in the place it counts, unfortunately :ohwell:
  • karilynn27
    karilynn27 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I had to loose ten lbs before I could buy smaller pants.:smooched:
  • bhb301
    bhb301 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I have lost 13 and still a size 10. :(
  • melissa0001
    melissa0001 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I am almost to 30 and still am wearing the same size, to be fair though i was squeezing into this size and probably really needed a bigger size, or at least that is what i keep telling myself!
  • ajsimyan
    ajsimyan Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I went from size tight 15 to size 13 losing 40 pounds... I know the frustration.. I have 2 kids so I think mommies carry wround the mid section alot more than women who dont have any children.
  • changling82
    changling82 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I've lost 55 and i'm down 4 sizes. I think it was a good 25 pounds before I had to actually move to a different size though.
  • jipper44
    jipper44 Posts: 111
    Options
    I can put my jeans in the dryer now, does that count :)
  • Jacquelyn913
    Jacquelyn913 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I am down a little over twenty pounds and Im still in the same size, although very loose on my legs, and only a little loose around my waist. I cant wait to start dropping sizes! :grumble:
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I lost 28-30ish to go from a 14 to a 12.
  • cahira
    cahira Posts: 163
    Options
    I've only lost 16, and everything fits better and/or looser, but I'm not really ready to go down a size. At my height and weight I figure it will be around the 30 lb. mark before I'm truly down a size.

ETA: I'd actually love to be able to wear the same clothes for a good deal of the summer if possible. I don't care if I'm swimming in them, I don't want to buy new summer clothes that I won't be able to wear the following summer when I'm skinny!
  • ambermichk
    ambermichk Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    i was a size 26 jeans a while back, last year, i lost over 50 pounds n just hit a 18 jeans (bit snug) ...... seems like forever dropped sizes... guess it depends on where you lose it at ...i have gone down several bra sizes, seem to be loosing it there first, need to loose more tummy !!
  • kdao
    kdao Posts: 265
    Options
    I am down 27 pounds and went from a 12 to a 6. I guess everybody is different where they lose it. Don't feel discouraged, you are doing great!
  • tiarra77
    tiarra77 Posts: 39
    Options
    I have lost 30 and went from a 16 to a 14. UGH!!!! I think us Mommas carry it in the place it counts, unfortunately :ohwell:

AINT THAT THE TRUTH !! LMBO
  • Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I suppose it mostly depends on where you lose from. But I'd say about 30 pounds between sizes. It was 30 pounds for me until I dropped my first size. I'm guessing it'll be another 25 - 30 pounds until I go down again. I also think the smaller you are, the less you need to lose between sizes.
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I started excersising and dieting again last April (before I joind MFP) and since then I lost abou 25 lbs and went from size 16 to a size 12.
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I was wearing 18/20 and within 10 lbs the 20s were way to big, 18s are getting pretty loose now and Ive lost 20lbs and I fit in a size 16 too snug but they zipped and buttoned but i figure I will wait another 10 lbs before I consider myself to be a size 16 yet
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    I'm down 18.5 and have moved from a 12 to 10 in pants/skirt sizes. I'm 5'3". Don't know if that makes a difference.
  • shannonshock13
    shannonshock13 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    i have lost 15lbs and am still the same size.... it just fits better now.
  • JumpThenFall
    Options
    I was told every 7-14lb you lost dropped you a dress size. I've lost 25lb and have gone from a 14 to a 12 and can sometimes fit into a 10 (which I'm incredibly proud of :D) depending on where I get the clothes from. It's my top half that annoys me, it hasn't shrunk much so it winds me up when sometimes I have to wear the same size as I used to be
  • momof3babes
    momof3babes Posts: 103
    Options
    I have went from 161 to 151 and can STILL wear the same size. UGH! I was really hoping that my clothes would be MUCH bigger and would be falling off more. LOL. They are much much looser, but I haven't really HAD to go buy smaller ones yet. Darn! I'm hoping when I go from 151 to 141 I see more dramatic differences. :-(
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!