How much did you lose before you lost a size?

Options

Replies

• kaveril422
    kaveril422 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 30 lbs and went from 24 to between 22 and 20. My legs and bottom are baggy, but the waist has only changed a little.
  • SolidGoaled
    SolidGoaled Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    This is such a great question.

I think height and previous pregnancies have a lot to do with this.

I am 5' 9", have had 3 children, and I"ve lost 17 lbs. I went from a very TIGHT size 18 to a very loose 16 (14s are still too tight to wear or invest in yet)

I hate being in between sizes.
  • Anna19911
    Anna19911 Posts: 141
    Options
    I'm down 30 pounds and still haven't gone down a "full" size. But my pants feel alot better!
  • KierstyPants
    KierstyPants Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 30, and i'm barely in the next size down.
    I went down a shirt size, and I think it's because It's very visible that I've lost the weight in my midsection. So a shirt size rather then a pant size is fine with me.
    So like everyone has been saying, it depends on where you lose it.
    Also, I had to wear a size bigger than most of my pants before because my legs are out of proportion to my waist.
    So bleh it all depends.
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I believe it was around 15 lbs before I moved from a size 18 to 16, but my 18 were on the loose side to begin with when I started losing weight. I don't like my stuff too tight. I am now down 2 sizes into a 14, and I am getting close to a size 12. Remember, you lose weight all over the place. I have lost weight in my fingers as well because my wedding set needs re-sized (down a whole size). Plus, I am also a mommy of 2, so I carry alot of my weight in my mid-section. Just keep pushing through. You will drop a size soon enough. Have you tried a smaller size??
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Honestly it depends on how much you are working out and where you carry your weight. How much muscle your body is gaining. There are a lot of factors. A lot of people say 10lbs for a size, but I know after my daughter was born, I was going to the gym 5-6days a week, and lost 3 sizes and no weight. lol, so it just depends.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Um.. I've lost 118lbs and have gone from a 26 to a 12.. So.. I can't do math. Hahaha.
  • SyreetaJayne1
    Options
    I have released 27 pounds and have gone from a size 16 pants to a size 12
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Um.. I've lost 118lbs and have gone from a 26 to a 12.. So.. I can't do math. Hahaha.

So awesome hon! Simply amazing!:bigsmile:
  • cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Does anybody find that it only take 10 lbs to go up a size, but it takes 30 to go down one? How does that work?? :sad:
  • WashingtonGrown
    Options
    That's going to vary depending on your shape, how much weight you have to lose and so on. I went down a size after losing 7lbs, I'm down nearly 3 sizes now at 15lbs. But I only had/have 20-25 to lose to begin with so that makes a difference. I bought my first pair of new jeans a size smaller at 10 lbs lost, those jeans are now too big. But I'm waiting until I am at my goal before I spend any more $$. Keep it up, you will get into a new size before you know it!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    I think depends also where you loose the wt.Also different clothes fit different.I`ve noticed different stores,I can wear different sizes also.I went form a 3x -16-18 after loosing 100 lbs.I think everyone is different and also,I think if you`ve had kids I think that also plays in where you loose.
    good question!!
    jane
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I've lost 22 lbs and went from a 12 to an 8 but it's all about the way your weight is distributed.. I think I lose from the "top down" because my hips and butt go last.. my face, arms, chest (unfortunately) and waist lose first.. just depends on your body shape no worries, lost is loss and i'm sure you're looking great whatever the size!
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I am comfortably in size 14 now after being in 18/20.But, I can still fit my 18’s. I just have space. My badonkadonk keeps them from falling. So are you sure you haven’t lost a size? Have you tried on anything smaller?
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I can put my jeans in the dryer now, does that count :)

LMBO! :laugh:

I'm down 10 and my 14's are big, but I can't comfortably say that I am in a 12 yet. There are a lot of stores I can wear a 12, so maybe I'm being too hard on myself.

Oh, and I agree with another poster- try some weights!
  • Septembergirl23
    Septembergirl23 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have been wondering the same thing so thank you for asking!

I have lost 10# and my clothes only feel a little looser. I tried on a smaller size for summer pants on Saturday and could get them on but they were not "public ready" yet. I decided not to buy the pants, hoping by the time I really need summer pants I will be down yet another size. My overall goal is currently an 8. I would really, really like to be a 6 though. That would make me smaller than high school.
  • malias
    malias Posts: 82
    Options
    Depends on how much weight one has to lose over all. For example, someone who just needs to lose 10 lbs, may see a size decrease upon completion of those 10 lbs. Someone who needs to lose 100 lbs, may need to lose 20 or 30 (or more depending on their body) before they see a size decrease. Keep eating healthy, doing cardio and toning and you WILL see results!
  • greatescape
    greatescape Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have released 27 pounds and have gone from a size 16 pants to a size 12

I like that phrase "released" haha... made me laugh. Never heard it that way-- gonna start using it!

I've lost 28 lb and I'm down from a 17 to a 15/13... then again I've always been all over the place depending on where I'm buying. BTW- I don't have kids, but my midsection holds most of my weight. Boobs went down a size though :-(
  • mamabearr
    mamabearr Posts: 304
    Options
    I lost ten and just went down a size. But I'm only 5'3.
  • moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Height, body type and how much of your loss was "water weight" will all play a factor
    I'm 5'8" and have lost 20 pounds. Do you know how many peple have noticed...zero. Not even my husband!

On a positive note, I'm noticing little things like...my jeans aren't cutting off my circulation anymore ...tying my shoes is easier...my knees don't ache as much...& I have a lot more energy!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!