How much did you lose before you lost a size?

Options

Replies

• CKMama81
    CKMama81 Posts: 50
    Options
    I've lost about 42lbs and went down 2 pants sizes. So...approx. 21lbs a pant size...for me. It could be different for everyone!
  • minnime
    minnime Posts: 1
    Options
    My doctor recently told me that losing 15kgs changes your body one size.
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'm down almost 20 lbs, but have only gone from a tight 18 to a tight 16.. Since I've recently incorporated regular exercise (P90) into my lifestyle, I'm hoping to change that with the weight training the program uses and drop into a more comfortable 16.

In the past though, it has taken me around 25 lbs to see a definite size change, which I try and use as motivation to stay on track!
  • happybunnysbabe57
    happybunnysbabe57 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    i lost around 10 to 15lbs and fit pants that where 2 small for me. now that i am at 19lbs those pants are getting to big. my shirts i had a couple 1x and now they dont fit and my xl are getting baggy in the belly but i have big girls so they still fit, instead of showing the bottom of my belly when i reach for stuff they go down to the middle of my thigh. i love it.
  • RiiNaCHiiCK09
    RiiNaCHiiCK09 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    i lost 15lbs and went from size 5 to size 1-3 depending on the designer label
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    my tummy is still large but my legs are much smaller so I have only gone down two pant sizes with a 50 lb loss, however the legs of my pants are baggy and the waist is tight :/ I've gone down two shirt sizes as well
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    235 start weight. At 209 now. I've lost 26 lbs. and my clothes are JUST NOW beginning to fit. I have 74 lbs. left to lose and anticipate dropping sizes every couple months once I hit the -50 lb. mark. I'll weigh 185 then. We'll see!
  • Nmama
    Nmama Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    last year i wore the same pair of jeans after a 20lb lost and they still fit exactly the same! i was pissed! my friends noticed though so that made me feel better :)
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 75lbs total and that took me from a 18 (ugh) to a 10 (getting somewhat better)...and from a extra large fitted t-shirt to a medium fitted t-shirt.
  • Wimpey
    Wimpey Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I only lost 3 lbs, but that is half size for me.
    My aim in using this site is to monitor that I eat the right type/ammount of food to sustain my training rather than big loss. (Though I have no qualms to lose furhter lbs as long as i remain in good heath and strong for racing.)
    I have noticed an increase in lean appearance and my throusers are now much lose on waist but tighter on the quads/hamstring.
    And of course I have had people with positive feedback on my weight loss.
    So I guess body shape/clothes size depends from more than actual weight loss???
    Good luck!
  • knothead76
    Options
    Truth be told, I was stubborn and refused to buy bigger clothes for vanity reasons....I refused!!!! So I would squeeze into the old clothes I had, and cover up the "dunlap" with big baggy sweathshirts and hope noone noticed the nasty fatroll at the top. 15 lbs down, they are fitting better, but still have a ways to go before I would wear the jeans with a tight fitting shirt. I'm not so much at the dunlap stage right now as I am the muffin top. (Yes, dunlap is baaaaaaaad) So I would guess that I have gone down about 1 size with 15 lbs. Maybe if I went down 1 more size the muffin top will go away!
  • MissJennaBelle
    Options
    Well I am 5'5 and I have a baby, I was 179 at the end of October and I am now 157 and I am still wearing the same size!! I just dont get it!!! I feel like no matter what I do I am always gonna be the same size!! Its annoying!!

If it's any consolation I’m 5’4 and had a starting weight of 170lbs. I’m now down to 142lbs which is a total of 28lbs lost (2 stone). I think I am only now officially a size 12 as I can fit into size 12 Topshop jeans but I find it differs based on where you carry weight and also which store you shop at. I’ve found that even when I was bigger my size varied upon the store where I shopped. I really hope to be a UK Size 10 someday.... one can but hope all this hard work will pay off!
  • brneydgrlie
    brneydgrlie Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    My mom always used to say 10 lbs equals a dress size. But that has never been true for me - it's more like 20!
  • SyreetaJayne1
    Options
    I have released 27 pounds and have gone from a size 16 pants to a size 12

I like that phrase "released" haha... made me laugh. Never heard it that way-- gonna start using it!

I've lost 28 lb and I'm down from a 17 to a 15/13... then again I've always been all over the place depending on where I'm buying. BTW- I don't have kids, but my midsection holds most of my weight. Boobs went down a size though :-(

Thanks! I like to say "released" because as a friend of mine pointed out, don't you spend time trying to find things you've "lost"? I sure don't want to spend time trying to find the weight i've "lost" LOL! I'd rather release it for it never to return again!!!
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I must be weird.

I'm down to a four, which is actually a little loose on me (my sixes are falling off) and I'm still at the same weight that I was a few weeks ago. Scale hasn't budged from 142 in almost a month. I think that I'm destined to be 142 forever.
  • T_William
    T_William Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    It really depends where you loose from (your bodies natural selection)
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I am now wearing a UK size 10, but my size 12's were loose after I was about 8lbs down.
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I can put my jeans in the dryer now, does that count :)

love that!
  • JaneP2011
    JaneP2011 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Interesting thread.
    I guess this is really going to depend on your height and weight distribution. I've put on 20lbs, mainly on my hips and thighs, and I'm still fitting into the same jeans I wore when I was 140lbs. However they are very tight and DO NOT look anywhere near as good as they did when I was thinner. When I was 140lbs they were slightly on the loose side and I felt that if I dropped another 5 - 7lbs from that weight then I would need to go down a size.

So for me, as a 5ft 9 pear-shape, I think 25lbs would equal a complete size.

I also think that your old clothes tend to stretch gradually as you put on weight. It's when you buy new things, particularly those which are meant to be worn with a tight fit, that you notice whether or not you've shifted a size.
  • bmorebatman
    bmorebatman Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    before mfp i was up to a size 15/16. i lost 15-20 lbs that year which brought me to 13's (no exercise). since mfp i'm down another 15 and am wearing size 10's.
    personally, i'm seeing more differences in inches than weight, and that has a lot to do with it. and i think the less you have left to your goal, the more dramatically every pound effects your size. so the smaller you are the smaller the jumps between sizes i guess.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!