What's the best purchase you've made to help your weight los

Options
What has been the best thing you've bought/used to aid in losing the weight? ie. equipment, dvds, tools, supplements?

Replies

• woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Getting an iPod touch and buying the Nike Sport Kit so I can track my walking/run during my workouts.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    Heart Rate Monitor (HRM).

i would take this over a sports bra on a run and I'm a D....'nuff said.
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Gym membership, Costco had such an awesome price on it! hope they always have the special
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    My gym membership - love my small town gym and all the support from the peole there.
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Power90 DVD's and the Magic Bullet.....best two investments I have ever made for my health!! ♥
  • Punktorian
    Punktorian Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    P90X and Insanity for workouts and a heart rate monitor.
  • prettyrikky
    prettyrikky Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Zumba for the WII
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    My iPhone... Without it... I never would have found this site or signed up at all...
  • Mightytaco84
    Mightytaco84 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Vibraum Five Fingers
  • ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I snagged an elliptical off of kijiji for $50 a couple weeks ago and have watched the inches drop off since then. Best investment ever!
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    Vibraum Five Fingers

yes these are amazing, i agree!
  • aeckels616
    aeckels616 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Running shoes, weights, 30 day shred, and isagenix. I would really like a heart rate monitor some day.
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I would say my gym membership for my family. My fiance and I go to the gym together as much as we can!
  • welcominganewself
    Options
    wii and ipod touch
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    A water filter pitcher. I hate the taste of tap water and buying bottled water was exspensive. It makes drinking my water easy and it made it easier to give up diet soda.
  • LYNNPETTY93
    Options
    A juice machine... I believe in building up the kitchen with all the tools you need.
    The kitchen is part of the journey too, and if you don't have all the things you need..
    Weight loss can be impossible in that area too..
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    My iPhone... Without it... I never would have found this site or signed up at all...

Ok, I rescind my previous answer and second this one. That is how I started on this path as well. Still live my small town gym though!
  • kenrae
    kenrae Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It would have to be my elliptical. I use it faithfully 6 days a week.
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Healthy food and running shoes!
  • Nuts4play
    Nuts4play Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Treadmill, for sure. It's the one piece of equipment I keep going back to, year after year.

Good walking shoes. My toes would go numb-tingly with my regular tennies. Since I got good walking and jogging shoes, no more numb toes.

Iphone. I've got my fitness pal app loaded on it, and Couch to 5k. Just downloaded some upbeat music which has made an incredible difference in how much I enjoy the walk and stretching afterwards.

My least expensive, most recent, yet very valuable tool is... A wipe-off board for the fridge. I've written the days of the week at the top... breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, dessert written along the left side, then drew lines to indicate boxes to be filled in. Each day, for each meal and drink, I write in exactly what I had. Along the bottom, I've reserved squares corresponding to each days exercise (whether I did any or not, and what I did). I can see at a glance if I've skipped more than 1 day of exercise this week. My goal is to get in 45 minutes every other day, or at least some kind of exercise. After the last entry, at the end of the week, I'll erase all my entries and start the new week.