• petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    My HRM! Totally best purchase of 2011!
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    good running shoes :)

and alpen light chocolate fudge cereal bars.
    satisfy chocolate cravings and hunger for 61 cals, and with 5g of fibre in a bar.
  • merflan
    merflan Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    HRM!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Tie between my food scale and my running shoes.
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    This site was the best thing for me.. Yeah I love my HRM, I love my wii and P90x and DVD's... but without this site all those things would be sitting in a drawer somewhere!!
  • patecake58
    Options
    Body Fortress Peanut butter Whey protein and Silk light cho soy milk omg it's delicious and helping with my weight loss!!!:bigsmile:
  • biggerpix
    biggerpix Posts: 96
    Options
    My mini trampoline. it helps when I'm unable to get to the gym or when I need an extra push in the middle of the day.
  • punkrockmama
    punkrockmama Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    In no particular order:

1.) iPhone--and all my fitness apps (myfitnesspal, c25k, runkeeper, niketrainer), plus constant and easy access to my tunes, and healthy recipes!
    2.) my running shoes--before I got my feet evaluated my legs and feet would KILL me and I'd give up after a week.
    3.) food scale, measuring cups & spoons--that way I know EXACTLY what I put in my mouth!
    4.) HRM--that way I know exactly how much I burn off!
    5.) gym membership--primarily because of the day care!!!
    6.) jogging stroller
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Hand blender, for home made soups and smoothies.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Gym membership. even though I no longer go to the gym it was what started me losing weight.
  • pandafoo
    pandafoo Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    my top faves in order are:

1) gym membership and HRM
    2) food scale
    3) Gymboss interval timer
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    1. My Polar HRM. It motivates me to burn more calories than using MFP's estimates because I know the HRM is accurate.

2. My xBox Kinect with Dance Central and Zumba. Now I actually exercise on weekends.

3. My Costco membership. Love their produce!
  • sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    easily it was my iphone. without that i never would've found this app. i would happily pay to use it, but i'm glad it's free!

also, my gym membership. best $25 a month that keeps me busy and healthy.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Heart rate monitor, dumbbells and a food scale. Essential equipment.
  • heniko
    heniko Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    ... so far my best investments have my cross trainer, whey protein powder, flaxmeal, oatmeal, HRM, weights, measuring cups and food scale. cross trainers (shoes),, trips to the sauna, various CDs to motivate me during workouts ...
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Good socks. That's the best return on investment I've EVER made!!!

I always thought I had weird gimpy feet. They used to be sore after being on my feet all day at work, and I was convinced I had stress fractures and/or a Morton's Neuroma on my left foot. I had a minor crush-injury to the right about two years ago that left a lump on the top at the base of my 2nd toe. I was somewhat convinced I'd never be able to take up running/jogging because of my footsies.

But just something as simple as getting well-cushioned socks made ALL the difference in the world. :smile:
  • dixedreg
    dixedreg Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Easy top 3

1) Xbox Kinect Sports and Dance Central
    2) Android phone That's how I found this site
  • dixedreg
    dixedreg Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Easy top 3

1) Xbox Kinect Sports and Dance Central
    2) Android phone That's how I found this site
    3) HRM

geez...enter button fail.
  • Mkleder
    Mkleder Posts: 289
    Options
    Along with things that have been mentioned by others, good shoes, gym membership, mp3 player, home weights, healthy food and a food scale, my best purchases have been:

1) Thick, soft wool Wigwam hiking socks. Just this year I started wearing them at the gym as well as hiking and have enjoyed the benefits of extra cushioning, blister protection, and moisture wicking. I've been able to put more into my elliptical and treadmill workouts with these.

2) A can of vanilla flavored whey powder. I've been able to make my own recovery shakes as well as adding protein to oatmeal and other dishes.
  • healthyandthin
    healthyandthin Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    5lb weights