10 Week's To June

Options
Alright - here it is. bookmark it and drop in every day. It's time to crush it to June 1st. Here's the thing - we all have different rules. Some are doing low fat, some low carbs, some Zone - whatever. I'm following the Anabolic Diet. Pick your poison and follow it for 10 weeks.

I was going to do a challenge, but the more I think about it.... there are a million challenges out there - but in the end, you choose to succeed or fail. No challenge here, but for the next 10 weeks, I'll be logging in each day, putting my food in and hitting my numbers.

Choose to succeed or choose to fail. Every little decision about nutrition and exercise pushes you one way or the other towards your goal or towards your old life.

What plan are you doing? What calories? What macro's? (protein/carbs/fat) What exercise plan?

What I've found with my clients, and myself - those who have a plan can finish it with great success, those who don't have a plan, don't find the results they're hoping for.

Replies

• stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Here's my plan:

Exercise: Following the http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/beginner-to-advanced-bodybuilder-in-12-weeks.html plan. It's 4-6 days of lifting a week depending on phase. Right now, I have 2 weeks left of Phase 2, then moving to 6 days of lifting for Phase 3.

Nutrition: Anabolic Diet: 5 days a week of extremely low carb, 1 carb up, 1 24 hour fast. This will be my general week:

Monday: Lift - low carb
    Tuesday: Lift/Cardio - low carb
    Wednesday: Cardio - low carb
    Thursday: Lift - low carb
    Friday: Lift/Yoga/Cardio - low carb before lift + high carb after lift
    Saturday: rest - carb up
    Sunday: Cardio - fast

I will be sipping BCAA's during my fast to prevent muscle loss. I'm super excited to start this tomorrow. In 10 weeks, I will be more ripped than ever. That is not a prediction, it is a fact.

:)
  • SassyStef
    SassyStef Posts: 413
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up and reminder!! I have 10lbs to go for my goal so I am glad there is 10 weeks LOL think you just inspired me to start a new program for those 10 weeks!!
    :wink:
  • jsmjboertlein
    Options
    O my! Didn't realize it was that soon!
  • Suzy12
    Suzy12 Posts: 284
    Options
    If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Isn't that the truth??!!!

Ok, I'm putting it out there:

Log on each and every day and log in each and every morsel.
    Hit the gym 5x a week (I'm currently at 4).
    Do my floor exercises every day!

I need to be beach ready in 4 weeks. YIKES!! So I'll be taking two weeks "off" (but not going crazy, trust me!) and then coming back for the last 4 with the above-mentioned plan!

I'm in it to win it!
  • ysamatar
    ysamatar Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I'm in and willing to see some real results. 10 weeks it is.
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    10 weeks to June already?!?!?

Well this is perfect. I'm on a 6 month plan right now but we will see how much progress I make in 10 weeks.

Ok - here are my goals:

1) Log in every day and log all food (eat clean!) and try my best to hit macronutrient profile of 40% carbs, 30% fat and 30% protein
    2) Lift heavy weights (following Stage 1 of "The New Rules of Lifting for Women") 3 x week
    3) Run on my elliptical at least 2 days a week

No cheats- but I do have an out of town weekend conference with meals provided so not sure how my diet will go then, but it's just 3 days.

I have some before pics so I'm ready!
  • jaybaileys
    jaybaileys Posts: 317
    Options
    You know mine 3 kettlebell workouts per week and 1 day of cardio at fit club. Food will be similar as its been and in my diary for this kebll segment. Then in about a month I think I'll be bulking. But Im with you on this good luck everyone!

Today - Medicine Ball Cardio from Tony Horton's One-on-One series at Pittsburgh Fit Club!
  • ski3r4life
    ski3r4life Posts: 206
    Options
    1200 cal per day
    Work out 5x per week (a total of at least 4 hours)

• One meal per day should be something fresh. This can be anything from fresh fruit to fresh vegetables. This will help me get more healthy nutrients that my diet has been lacking and will give me a meal that keeps me feeling full!

• Cook one healthy meal per week. I'm going to start increasing my cooking skills!

• 45 grams protein AT LEAST per day and 14 grams fiber per day. At this point, my diet is really high in carbohydrates and sugars and sodium. I NEVER seem to get enough fiber or protein. I should probably do something about the excess fats, carbs, sugars and sodium in the long-run but I am going to start changing my diet with SMALL GOALS first. All of this is completely new to me. I am going to start really paying attention to how many fats, carbs, sugars, and sodium I am really putting into my body - but at the moment I'm not going to put restrictions on them. In fact, I think my other above goals (one fresh meal per day, cooking healthy once per week, and increasing protein and fiber) will actually have a direct impact on this anyway!
  • gailosborne
    gailosborne Posts: 435
    Options
    Me too please!

I've been maintaining but want to try to lose some lower tummy fat. I have stopped watching the scale so much and am trying to concentrate on the measurements thanks to the heavy weights training I've been doing.

Interval training 3x per week followed by weight training or weight training/plyo circuits.
    Endurance training 2X per week. (longer runs and cycling)

Im going to keep away from refined carbs, sugar, alcohol and non clean food.

What do I want to achieve?

I want to progress to advanced exercises in circuits.
    I want to make gains in my fitness and nutrition during what will be a time of challege for me (I become a headteacher/principal in 3 weeks.) rather than tread water.
    I want to reduce my lower tummy measurement. (I know it is notoriously hard to measure so I'm going by measuring an inch below my tummy button unless anyone has any better ideas!) I have abs but you can't see them yet!

As a reward to myself in 10 weeks when I achieve these things, I will have swimming lessons to increase my confidence in the water - its the only thing holding me back from tring a short triathlon.

Thanks
  • daniellefsc
    daniellefsc Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yikes, June is 10 weeks away!!

My goal is to log on here each and every day AND log everything that I eat. I am going to try hard to eat 1200 calories each day. This has been a challenge for me. I tend to eat pretty healthy, but need to cut back on the alcohol and candy.

Workout at least 3 times per week at the gym (mainly fitness classes) and run outdoors at least 3 times per week.

I am going to the beach in 4 weeks and would love to see some progress by then :)

I can do this!!
  • Macacadopai
    Macacadopai Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Aiming for a ~1000 kcal burn 6 days a week

Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday: Cardio + Arms
    Monday, Wednesday, Friday: Cardio + Legs
    Saturday: Free

Not going on a specific diet, just eating healthier but keeping the carbs
    for breakfast (porridge) and a small post-morning workout snack(maizen), eating as many fresh vegetables as possible. (Which is almost every lunch, dinner and snack) and lots of protein(especially fish)
    1200 kcal Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Sunday
    1400: Wednesday
    1500-2000: Saturday

I've lost 5kg the last month and a half doing this, and my arms and legs are in great shape with some proper muscle definition for the first time ever :)
  • autumn13
    autumn13 Posts: 295
    Options
    okay I have to think about my plan but I'm in!
  • stevemcknight
    Options

Aren't you at work?
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I'm 50% carbs, 17% fat, and 33% protein.

Mon- Cardio, upper body heavy lifting.
    Tues- Cardio
    Wed- Cardio, lower body heavy lifting
    Thurs- Cardio
    Fri- Cardio, full body.
    Sat- Cardio
    Sun-... usually off.

Vegetarian, maintaining, building muscle. I always log it all, don't eat off, out, or crappy too often. Protein powders and bars are big with me. As time goes on, I plan on adding some more lifting. The end :)
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Im in!!!

Here is my plan....1450 calories with 45%carbs/30%fat/25%protein.... if i dont feel to bad after a week of this i may try a 40/30/30 ratio but when i get low on carbs i usually get tired and have a hard time with workouts!!! Next I will workout 6days a week (doing this already) but i will be aiming for at least a 300-400calorie burn each day!!! Right now im still working on my p90x/bodyrock hybrid so i will continue with it while doing this!!! Hoping to be cut by June!!!! We can do this!!!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options

What she said! I haven't been at this very long, so I don't really have a distinct eating plan at this point. I am very good about logging though and with staying w/in my calories.

Exercise-wise:

-W4 of C25K on M/W/F. the exact days may change due to weather, but I will get all 3 run/walks in.
    -40 minutes of fast walking on the non-run days.
    -Pilates Reformer two days
  • autumn13
    autumn13 Posts: 295
    Options
    *Goals*Drop 10 pounds and tone!!!!!!!

1)Log in everyday and log all food (Eat Clean) 1290 calories and 35% Protein

2)Warm up everyday on the ellipital 10-15 minutes.Jillian Michaels shred and 6weeks 6 pack every other.Sunday yoga!:)
    Some changes will be made due to the weather getting nicer...More like little adds here and there.

(No cheats) But Sugar Free Jello, Honey, and Gummibears...Three things I can't live without :(

Best of luck to everyone....10 weeks...I'll post before and after, can't wait!
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options

What she said! I haven't been at this very long, so I don't really have a distinct eating plan at this point. I am very good about logging though and with staying w/in my calories.
    what they said....
  • stevemcknight
    Options
    We did Medicine Ball Core Cardio today at Fit Club and it was MUCH harder than I remember from last time I did it. My carb up is in progress and has one more meal to go, Aiming for 400g of carbs today, it's been good and accomplished the goal. Starting next week, I'll be carbing up on Saturday, and fasting on Sunday. Should knock me right back to ketoland asap.

For everyone starting this 10 week push with me - take your pictures! Weight is not the only goal. It's about fat loss and cutting!

I took my pics today, I put a new one in my progress pics, but I'll figure out how to link it here tonight.

Also, I've been thinking about outside goals. In 10 weeks, we have the opportunity to change any aspect of our lives, and I have one that I'm more than ready to address.

I've slowly fallen out of the habit of reading a self-improvement book every day. I was really good about it for a long while, but when I quit eating breakfast out at the local diner (with the other super old single guys) I started turning on the radio or tv when I ate my eggs. Tomorrow (and for the next 10 weeks,) I'll be back in daily study/improvement mode.

Here's the books that I have to read over the next 10 weeks.

Good Calories, Bad Calories (last 3rd of this really great book)
    The Spartan Workout
    Autobiography of a Yogi
    The Way of the Superior Man

If I run out - or if anyone else has any suggestions - I'm all ears. I really believe that, as human beings, we all need to make dedicated, purposeful steps to improve ourselves. Becoming better, no matter if physically, mentally, spiritually, emotionally, financially - doesn't happen by accident. We all have to dedicate time and effort to improve ourselves. I'm using these 10 weeks to do more than improve my 6 pack.
  • stevemcknight
    Options
    *Goals*Drop 10 pounds and tone!!!!!!!

1)Log in everyday and log all food (Eat Clean) 1290 calories and 35% Protein

2)Warm up everyday on the ellipital 10-15 minutes.Jillian Michaels shred and 6weeks 6 pack every other.Sunday yoga!:)
    Some changes will be made due to the weather getting nicer...More like little adds here and there.

(No cheats) But Sugar Free Jello, Honey, and Gummibears...Three things I can't live without :(

Best of luck to everyone....10 weeks...I'll post before and after, can't wait!

I like these goals - and like all goals, you're totally right in them needing to be flexible. I used to schedule my cardio ahead of time, but now I just schedule cardio days and see what I'm feeling that day. Someday - I'm sure I'll do the same with lifting, and not always be on such a regimented lifting schedule. But that's not yet - tomorrow I have 39 sets of Chest/Back/Shoulders then abs coming up!