10 Week's To June

Options

Replies

• kristarablue
    Options
    Had a good day, Lost 4 more pounds, that was happiness. A little low on the protein today because I went out tonight but I ended up being 15 grams short on protein but did not get home in time to remedy it. Did the shred video but upped my weights by 5 pounds and it made a huge difference.
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Well i had pizza for dinner with my kids. I cheat every once in awhile. I wanted fish and they didnt have any so it was pizza. No kettlebell either got home too late. Hope everyone had a good Friday talk to you tomorrow.

Jay

Nothing wrong with a little pizza here and there!!!!
  • GiGi76
    Options
    Well i had pizza for dinner with my kids. I cheat every once in awhile. I wanted fish and they didnt have any so it was pizza. No kettlebell either got home too late. Hope everyone had a good Friday talk to you tomorrow.

Jay

Nothing wrong with a little pizza here and there!!!! Have a great weekend!!!!
  • GiGi76
    Options
    Day 12

Burned 375 calories doing P90X Chest and Back

macros for today
    39%carbs (163 grams)
    34%fat (63 grams)
    29%protein (121 grams)

Calorie intake was 1671 of 1825 calories!!!!

10 glasses of water today!!!

Hope everyone had a great day and wishing you all a awesome weekend!!!
  • gailosborne
    gailosborne Posts: 435
    Options
    Had a good day, Lost 4 more pounds, that was happiness. A little low on the protein today because I went out tonight but I ended up being 15 grams short on protein but did not get home in time to remedy it. Did the shred video but upped my weights by 5 pounds and it made a huge difference.

Fantastic to lose another 4!! You are doing so well!!
  • gailosborne
    Options
    Day 12

Burned 375 calories doing P90X Chest and Back

macros for today
    39%carbs (163 grams)
    34%fat (63 grams)
    29%protein (121 grams)

Calorie intake was 1671 of 1825 calories!!!!

10 glasses of water today!!!

Hope everyone had a great day and wishing you all a awesome weekend!!!

Really great day!!
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Another super fast check in - I worked really late tonight. My workout was great, Legs/Arms - last time through that one. Nutrition on track and 100% clean.

I promise I'll dig into the posts tomorrow - prepare yourself for a fluerry of posts.

Good night!!!

ps. Fluerry was on purpose.
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Didn't get a chance to check in last night, but I nailed yesterday. Did some Insanity, ate clean all day, and got through my first Intermittent fast successfully, though I was miserable. I'm a little confused though. I am trying Martin Berkhan's IF program, and he says it's a 14 hour window for women. Are you supposed to do that daily or alternate days? I am thinking daily? Steve, do you know? I read through everything on his website and that seems to be the one thing I can't find? I had a snack of celery w/ PB2 Thursday night at 10:30, so I had to wait until 12:30 yesterday to eat, and I wasn't sure I'd make it, but I did. I decided last night to cut off eating by 6 PM so that I could eat by 8 am this morning, which seemed to be a much better plan. But here it is almost 9 am, and I am only mildly hungry, so I am trying to hold off as long as I can. I am going to have to try to tweak it.

In other news, I weighed in this morning to find another gain of 1.1. I expected this following that horrible 4 day binge, so I was not upset, only merely disappointed that the Magic Keeper of the Pounds didn't wave his wand and make all that food mysteriously have no effect. But it will not stall my ambition and this week will go better :)
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. This week was hella busy for me with taking the Security + Course for the certification exam. Good news is, I completed the course on Thursday, spent yesterday studying and now scheduled to take the exam on Tuesday.

Next class is Certified Ethical Hacker. Yep, Yep.............

I also have a client I am working with too with the Nutrition Wellness Business.

My eating was good also this week. I packed salads and such and will be weighing in tomorrow morning to see if I have a loss, which I think I do as my clothes are fitting way better than they were and some are a hair loose. Yippeee.

I am trying to get down under the 200 pound mark. Once I can get my body losing on a regular, I will just continue on sliding down.

My body has a lot of imbalances, so as it works one mark out, then I start losing and then when I stop losing and only maintain my body is working on healing something else.............

Our bodies are amazing when we take care of them properly. The ability to heal itself is simply amazing!!

It looks like for the most part everyone is doing so GREAT!!!
  • kristarablue
    Options
    For home day's, which is better Insanity or P90X or something else?????.....I know they are supposed to be done everyday, but that is just not how I roll, ....Kind of like ordering off a menu, there are always changes with me. I want a really good workout for the day's I can't go to the gym (about 3 days a week). What do you guys think??????
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    yesterday i got two short walks in. i am feeling much better, except for the left side of my incision. however, i ate like crap - date and almond danish, huge creme-filled donut with chocolate icing, cadbury egg and a whole roll of butter rum lifesavers. lol. today, i need to eat better and get in two-three walks.
  • stevemcknight
    Options
    Didn't get a chance to check in last night, but I nailed yesterday. Did some Insanity, ate clean all day, and got through my first Intermittent fast successfully, though I was miserable. I'm a little confused though. I am trying Martin Berkhan's IF program, and he says it's a 14 hour window for women. Are you supposed to do that daily or alternate days? I am thinking daily? Steve, do you know? I read through everything on his website and that seems to be the one thing I can't find? I had a snack of celery w/ PB2 Thursday night at 10:30, so I had to wait until 12:30 yesterday to eat, and I wasn't sure I'd make it, but I did. I decided last night to cut off eating by 6 PM so that I could eat by 8 am this morning, which seemed to be a much better plan. But here it is almost 9 am, and I am only mildly hungry, so I am trying to hold off as long as I can. I am going to have to try to tweak it.

In other news, I weighed in this morning to find another gain of 1.1. I expected this following that horrible 4 day binge, so I was not upset, only merely disappointed that the Magic Keeper of the Pounds didn't wave his wand and make all that food mysteriously have no effect. But it will not stall my ambition and this week will go better :)

I know his stuff - great site. From different things I've read, people eating a medium to higher carb diet shouldn't fast often. It can get a little wordy, but it has to do with losing muscle mass due to using it as the second form of energy. Martin is a proponent of Primal/Paleo and writes about keeping carbs low frequently. Big fan of his.

I would say try IF only once a week for now and see how your progress comes. It's certainly as much or more mental than it is physical. I see all the time, a overeating binge, followed by a fast to make up for it, which leads to another overeating binge. I like having structure. Knowing that Sunday is my day makes things pretty easy to keep up with and mentally prepare for.
  • stevemcknight
    Options
    Good morning everyone. This week was hella busy for me with taking the Security + Course for the certification exam. Good news is, I completed the course on Thursday, spent yesterday studying and now scheduled to take the exam on Tuesday.

Next class is Certified Ethical Hacker. Yep, Yep.............

I also have a client I am working with too with the Nutrition Wellness Business.

My eating was good also this week. I packed salads and such and will be weighing in tomorrow morning to see if I have a loss, which I think I do as my clothes are fitting way better than they were and some are a hair loose. Yippeee.

I am trying to get down under the 200 pound mark. Once I can get my body losing on a regular, I will just continue on sliding down.

My body has a lot of imbalances, so as it works one mark out, then I start losing and then when I stop losing and only maintain my body is working on healing something else.............

Our bodies are amazing when we take care of them properly. The ability to heal itself is simply amazing!!

It looks like for the most part everyone is doing so GREAT!!!

I just finished Robb Wolf's Paleo Solution and loved every second of it. It's so much more scientific than Mark's book (not that he couldn't, just that he didn't want to go that route). I really enjoyed seeing all of the science behind the paleo thing and have since reformed my Primal way of life to go a bit more hardcore. Highly recommended!
  • stevemcknight
    Options
    For home day's, which is better Insanity or P90X or something else?????.....I know they are supposed to be done everyday, but that is just not how I roll, ....Kind of like ordering off a menu, there are always changes with me. I want a really good workout for the day's I can't go to the gym (about 3 days a week). What do you guys think??????

Insanity for extreme calorie burn. P90X for extreme bodybuilding basically. If you're lifting at the gym, then insanity would be better at home *(plus no equipment needed) If you're doing cardio at the gym, then P90X lifting routines would be better. Keep changing it up - lifting/cardio/lifting/cardio etc.
  • stevemcknight
    Options
    back from surgery. i spent most of the day in bed, but did get up to walk down to the ball fields and back (maybe a quarter mile). i am going to try and do that twice tomorrow and work my way up from there. unfortunately, i have been craving sweets like mad. i had a chocolate donut this morning and a super yummy cookie this afternoon. couple that with tons of cheese... not great. i will give myself until the weekend to eat whatever i want and then i will be back at it. :)

The problem with giving in to just one sweet food is it triggers all kinds of chemical reactions in your body. I'm actually about 1/4th of the way through a blog about why giving in to "just a little bit" is so critically bad for most of us. I know I can't even have a bite of that junk, or it's a downward spiral to an all out binge. Stay strong and eat tons and tons and tons of veggies and meat. You'll be so full, you can't jam a doughnut in your mouth!
  • ski3r4life
    ski3r4life Posts: 206
    Options
    Cal : 1993
    Exercise : 90 min jog
    Carbs : 224
    Protein: 77
    Fiber 61

I exercised, I ate really healthy foods, I ate fresh, I ate a homecooked meal, I focused on protein and fiber, I drank lots of water, I ate some sweets. It felt good. This is what an ideal day would like for me at my goal weight. I'm sure Steve is right, that carbs and sugar can trigger a binge response - but I am experimenting and for my own sanity I am going to see if I can be reasonable and I am not ready to cut sugars out of my diet. Time will tell!

The other thing is I am increasing my calories. Some days I will eat 1300 or 1400 calories. Other days, like today, I will eat some or all of my exercise calories. Also, I'm going to try spreading out what I eat over the course of the entire day. I seem to get irritable if I don't eat often, regardless of how big my last meal was.

I think my diet has been too restrictive. And it was too much like a diet. Not anymore! I'm experimenting till I find something truly enjoyable that I can do for the rest of my life.
  • ski3r4life
    ski3r4life Posts: 206
    Options
    back from surgery. i spent most of the day in bed, but did get up to walk down to the ball fields and back (maybe a quarter mile). i am going to try and do that twice tomorrow and work my way up from there. unfortunately, i have been craving sweets like mad. i had a chocolate donut this morning and a super yummy cookie this afternoon. couple that with tons of cheese... not great. i will give myself until the weekend to eat whatever i want and then i will be back at it. :)

The problem with giving in to just one sweet food is it triggers all kinds of chemical reactions in your body. I'm actually about 1/4th of the way through a blog about why giving in to "just a little bit" is so critically bad for most of us. I know I can't even have a bite of that junk, or it's a downward spiral to an all out binge. Stay strong and eat tons and tons and tons of veggies and meat. You'll be so full, you can't jam a doughnut in your mouth!

While I'm experimenting and seeing if I can be reasonable with sweets, I cannot say enough how much I completely agree with snacking on tons and tons of veggies! I love the sensation of being full sometimes. Yesterday, I sliced and cut up a bunch of carrots and put them away to snack on later. Tonight, I felt my mood/energy dropping(hadn't ate since 2 and was done with cals for the day, woke up super early) - and I helped myself to several handfuls - and I feel great! Afterwards, I totally felt satiated. I think snacks like that are super important and it's a new habit I can definitely get used to!!!!!
  • jaybaileys
    jaybaileys Posts: 317
    Options
    Hey all sounds like everyone is hanging in there. IF you like Insanity the new one is out baby, as of yesterday! The Asylum it looks just plain dimented!!!!
    We had a Beachbody coach event locally today and di the new Core Synergistics MC2 workout. Food is good today and we'll see what the rest of the day brings. My Kettlebell Muscle book came, I have to dig into that and see what I am getting myself into for the next several months after I do just a few more kettlebell burn workouts. Take care everyone and happy Saturday!
  • gailosborne
    Options
    Rest day today for me! Food good for today, protien really high so have been feeling really full!

I am very pleased!!

My waist has reduced by 1/2 inch!! I'm the same weight (well actually was a 1lb down but will check next week as it fluctuates so much!!) and arms, legs, hips, chest measurements are the same but I like them as they are anyway! Its this darn tummy fat I want to shift, so half an inch feels fantastic!

I am going to measure my lower belly tomorrow and start to track that!

Hope everyone is having a good day!!
  • kristarablue
    Options

So true, I literally can't have a sweet like a pastry, candy, ice cream, jell-o, soda, even lemonade (sugar-free or not). It makes me crave horribly and then I am consumed with thinking about it.....but if I stay away completely I am never even tempted. I used to not be able to go a day without chocolate, pastries, soda...I had to have something...it was a hard habit to break, but once you do, it is freeing. It is really nice to be at an event and just say "no thank you" to cake or whatever the poison maybe people look at you like you have lost your mind (although one could argue there is evidence to support that theory...LOL) Keep strong, we got your back!!!