Are You Insane???

Options

Replies

• BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    Ok...I'm testing this to see if it works. I sure hope so...

ProgressI-page1.jpg

I cant believe this is only 30 days!! Congrats!! You are totally shrinking!! Plus I heard you get even more drastic results during the second 30 I cant imagine your beginning to end results. You must be so excited
  • BflSaberfan
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the Message Board but I'm starting Insanity tomorrow with the Fit Test. I'd love to join you all if it's not too late.

Thanks!

Never too late we have lots of people here at various stages.
  • road2peachtree
    road2peachtree Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Thanks Bfl :flowerforyou: --I didn't notice I was shrinking until I was putting the pics side by side. I'm going to do Insanity again after the Peachtree is over--can't wait to see how much I shrink then :laugh:
  • abouck
    abouck Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am also new to the message boards and will be starting insanity with the fit test tonight! I am a little nervous but can't wait to see results:happy:
  • road2peachtree
    Options
    Freedomplease and Abouck, hi! *waving* Can't wait to see your FT results. Don't be too nervous. The FT isn't as bad as you think. Just do what you can do and look forward to doing more the next time around. When you start the first workout though...you might need a box of tissues for the tears. Hahahahaha Joking....kinda.
  • casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    Options
    First of all a big welcome to the new ppl :)

Fitness test #2 results:

switch kicks: 65 84
    power jacks: 25 33
    power knees: 60 90
    power jumps: 20 26
    globe jumps: 6 8
    suicide jumps: 9 9
    push-up jacks: 10 18
    low plank oblique: 40 45

So overall I'm happy with the results. The suicide jumps pissed me off lol but at least I didn't do less. Hello week 3 :)
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options

Fitness test #2 results:

So overall I'm happy with the results. The suicide jumps pissed me off lol but at least I didn't do less. Hello week 3 :)

Oh SUICIDE JUMPS! Man, my shoulders start burning, my abs burn, my legs burn. I feel like I am in the marines when I am doing them, especially when he is like UP, DOWN, BACK, JUMP! Man oh man.

I think my favorite quote from him is when his like "why do I do the things I do? Cause I wanna look goooood." Yeah, pretty much got summed it up right there. :)

Welcome to everyone!
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Oh- and good job on the globe jumps. I always struggle with getting a higher number on those!
  • angelicazaldivar
    angelicazaldivar Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Whew... took a break from MFP for a couple weeks and tried Weight Watchers online instead.... and IM BACK now... got a HRM today, and SO glad I did! It is helping me track my calories so much better! PLUS i talked with my Dr. and she said for me to lose weight I should be eating 1200 cals a day, plus I can eat my exercise cals too. Its good to know WHAT EXACTLY those calories are so I dont go over. I feel more confident with my tracking now that I have a SOLID answer as to what I should do for my calorie intake. The recommended 2250 from INSANITY seemed like it was just that -- INSANE!!!

I ended up GAINING 2 lbs last week -- not necesarrily because WW doesnt work but because for some reason, going OVER points was SO easy to do. my usual morning protein bar was a THIRD of my daily points allowance, whereas on here, its WAAAY less. PLUS last week was TOM so i was completely and utterly exhausted and barely able to function! Any how, glad to see that you all are doing SO much better.

Angelica
  • abouck
    abouck Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    First fit test results
    Switch kicks 39
    Power jacks 30
    Globe jumps 6
    Suicide jumps 10
    Push-up jacks 11
    Low plank oblique 45
    CALORIES BURNED 227
    The test was much more cardio than I expected. I was very disappointed with theglobe jumps but I am hoping for impovement on the next Test! Wish me luck on plyo cardio Tomorrow!
  • sigsone
    sigsone Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    First fit test is tonight. Spent Saturday reading and looking at videos of people doing Insanity. anticipation is eating away at me (scary). question i keep asking myself (r u ready?) stay tuned.
  • angelicazaldivar
    angelicazaldivar Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Oh BOY! So I couldnt help but test out my new HRM today... so I did a second round of Core cardio and balance ( I know, kind of counterproductive of 'recovery') but what they heck... I couldnt believe that my calorie burn was 610!!! :D I have been way underestimating my burn. I am so excited about this! I feel so much more confident about my eating now that i KNOW what i burn. i mean, it was a cheap HRM from walmart, and i will eventually want to get a better one, but hey, its a start -- and it was all i could talk my hubby into investing in. ;)

i LOVE INSANITY!!! :D:D:D:D:D
  • road2peachtree
    Options

Fitness test #2 results:

You're winning :) LOL Seriously though, you did awesome. How does it feel???
  • road2peachtree
    Options
    First fit test results
    Switch kicks 39
    Power jacks 30
    Globe jumps 6
    Suicide jumps 10
    Push-up jacks 11
    Low plank oblique 45
    CALORIES BURNED 227
    The test was much more cardio than I expected. I was very disappointed with theglobe jumps but I am hoping for impovement on the next Test! Wish me luck on plyo cardio Tomorrow!

Trust me, on you next FT you'll be like "wow..." you won't believe some of the progress you will have made in 2 weeks.
  • road2peachtree
    Options
    Oh BOY! So I couldnt help but test out my new HRM today... so I did a second round of Core cardio and balance ( I know, kind of counterproductive of 'recovery') but what they heck... I couldnt believe that my calorie burn was 610!!! :D I have been way underestimating my burn. I am so excited about this! I feel so much more confident about my eating now that i KNOW what i burn. i mean, it was a cheap HRM from walmart, and i will eventually want to get a better one, but hey, its a start -- and it was all i could talk my hubby into investing in. ;)

i LOVE INSANITY!!! :D:D:D:D:D

LOL I bet we bought the same exact one. Good advice from Skolls a bit further back in the thread about subtracting BMR or something from your HRM number....might want to check it out. Great burn!
  • road2peachtree
    Options
    Ok, so here's the deal...I did the Core and Balance Cardio thingamajig tonight and I skated through the whole thing. He said this is recovery week so I'm planning on recovering. I was sweaty as all get out, breathing heavy sometimes, but at the end I was far from exhausted like I usually am. Whew. Tomorrow I'll bump it up a bit.

I could have possibly been skating because I was hungry. Like right in the middle of it my stomach was growling. WTH?
  • Skolls081102
    Options
    Ok, so here's the deal...I did the Core and Balance Cardio thingamajig tonight and I skated through the whole thing. He said this is recovery week so I'm planning on recovering. I was sweaty as all get out, breathing heavy sometimes, but at the end I was far from exhausted like I usually am. Whew. Tomorrow I'll bump it up a bit.

I could have possibly been skating because I was hungry. Like right in the middle of it my stomach was growling. WTH?

Recovery huh??? My legs don't seem like they are recovering. My legs have been beat since midway through week 3, and they don't seem to be getting better. Lots of leg exercises tonight which I was a ;little suprised at. Still had a nice burn, and I was sweating too!!! Hopefully I recover enough this week. Week 5 looks scary and tough as hell!!! 6 more weeks for my shirt!!!!!
  • sigsone
    sigsone Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    First day of Insanity complete
    Fit test results:
    Switch Kicks: 116
    Power Jacks: 49
    Power Knees: 83
    Power Jumps: 33
    Global Jumps: 8
    Suicide Jumps: 15
    Push-up Jacks: 26
    Low Plank: 42
    Lastly, a puddle of sweat on the floor. now the fun begins
  • lpadilla75
    lpadilla75 Posts: 154
    Options
    I started Insanity yesterday.
    I don't have my stats on my fit test with me at work but I'll update later.

I was up this morning at 5am doing pylo cardio...and holy smokes! Feels good though
  • BflSaberfan
    Options
    First day of Insanity complete
    Fit test results:
    Switch Kicks: 116
    Power Jacks: 49
    Power Knees: 83
    Power Jumps: 33
    Global Jumps: 8
    Suicide Jumps: 15
    Push-up Jacks: 26
    Low Plank: 42
    Lastly, a puddle of sweat on the floor. now the fun begins

116 switchkicks??? You are counting 2 kicks as 1 rep right?? Holy cow. I got 40 on my first fit test lol