Are You Insane???

Options

Replies

• Skolls081102
    Options
    Morning peepes!!! Didn't check in the last 2 days, it's been crazy!!! Anyways, Monday was awesome! I felt so much better than I have. Then yesterday came...and the legs resurfaced. Good lord my legs are beat!!! Suffered through most of the DVD.
    I actually have a friend coming over today, he wants to check out Insanity and see if it's soething he wants to do. He's active, has been doing P90X, so we'll see how Plyometrics are for him!!! lol
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    Was tired last night but still pushed through. I gave it my all but still dont feel like I did all that great. Guess I just didn't get enough slepe the night before or something. Anyways, today my butt hurts lol
  • casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    Options
    Was tired last night but still pushed through. I gave it my all but still dont feel like I did all that great. Guess I just didn't get enough slepe the night before or something. Anyways, today my butt hurts lol

Be proud that you made yourself do it! I always feel more accomplished than ever when I'm tired and just not wanting to work out whatsoever and I still make myself do it, even if it's half *kitten* at least I got moving :)

So super proud of myself today, did my cardio circuit and really pushed myself harder than ever, took way less breaks, hardly any actually, last week I sometimes would have to pause for like a minute or two then get back in it, well today there was only one pause and that's because I really had to pee lol and then the only other breaks I took I just counted to 10 and got back in it. And I'm super pumped, feel like I could just go out and run a mile..not that I'm going to but yea ;)
  • BflSaberfan
    Options

Be proud that you made yourself do it! I always feel more accomplished than ever when I'm tired and just not wanting to work out whatsoever and I still make myself do it, even if it's half *kitten* at least I got moving :)

So super proud of myself today, did my cardio circuit and really pushed myself harder than ever, took way less breaks, hardly any actually, last week I sometimes would have to pause for like a minute or two then get back in it, well today there was only one pause and that's because I really had to pee lol and then the only other breaks I took I just counted to 10 and got back in it. And I'm super pumped, feel like I could just go out and run a mile..not that I'm going to but yea ;)

thanks for the motivation, I could have laid down and took a nap the way I was feeling yesterday but I DO NOT want to fall behind on my progress so I just got up and did it. I hope I feel more energic tonight. By the end of the week I'm so done LOL I too noticed I am taking less breaks than last week. My waist appears to be slimming but it could just be my imagination since it hasn't even been 2 full weeks yet.
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I am late to join this but I definitely had been thinking that a group doing Insanity together would be a lot of motivation for me!! I got to day 54 but then I moved, and it completely threw me off track. Since I moved, I have gained about 13lbs and I have not worked out consistently. I started running again, then started changing my eating habits, and finally decided I would start Insanity again. I am on my second week and LOVING it!

I just got a HRM so I can keep better track of calories burned and my heart rate. I am about to do Pure Cardio + Cardio Abs and I remember being exhausted from this last time! Plus I went hiking yesterday and I am already sore but tomorrow is my day off so I am using that as inspiration haha.

If anyone needs any advice or just wants to add me as a fellow "insane" friend, feel free to do so!
  • road2peachtree
    road2peachtree Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Hey hey hey. Did Plyo this afternoon and it was friggin awwwwwesooooome *singing that in a high pitch voice* The one thing that pisses me off more than anything is that my legs get so damn tired. I'm like "Really? You aren't out of breath but your legs are like limp noodles? WTH?" I know Skolls said his legs get fatigued too--is it the same with the rest of you guys?

Hi JatieK! Bfl that's awesome that you went through it while being tired. That just shows you are really crazy. hahahahaha. I can't remember who mentioned the tape measure, but YES! Go get a tape measure and some pants you have been hiding in your closet from like 10yrs ago. LOL You'll be glad you did.

Tomorrow is recovery day. Thank goodness. Only 3 more days and week 4 is a wrap! Woooohooooo!
  • BflSaberfan
    Options
    Jatie its never to late to join, we're all at various stages of Insanity.

Peachtree - my legs BURRRRRN after Plyo....and thats what I'm doing tonight :sad: How have your results been so far? You're almost done with month 1!!!!! That's awesome!!!! You go girl!
  • JatieKo621
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

Yeah, I definitely need a tape measure too. I can already feel that my tummy is getting smaller, I wish I had measured before hand to really know but I can see more definition and that is only from 2 weeks!!

Also-I strongly recommend everyone to get a heart rate monitor!! I had been looking at other people's calories burned who were in similar size as I am, and that is how I was recording my INSANITY workouts, but yesterday I finally used my new heart rate monitor to track "Pure Cardio" and I burned 630 calories!!! That was a lot higher than I had been recording it as. :) It made me really excited! Then I did the "Cardio Abs" after and that was another 188 calories! I was pretty excited to see that much of a burn in just an hour. I can't wait to start tracking the Max-workouts.

Ahh its my day off today as well. Does anyone do any activity on their days off or just solely rest? I felt like biking earlier but I don't know if I should just completely lay off my muscles.
  • road2peachtree
    Options
    Jatie its never to late to join, we're all at various stages of Insanity.

Peachtree - my legs BURRRRRN after Plyo....and thats what I'm doing tonight :sad: How have your results been so far? You're almost done with month 1!!!!! That's awesome!!!! You go girl!

Thanks! Glad we're all in it together. It sure does help. I feel soooo good. Like aside from my legs feeling like wet noodles while doing Insanity, when I'm not doing Insanity I feel like I can do anything. When I do other things I am hardly winded or burning or soar or whatever. I'm loving it. I feel stronger and smaller--well...tighter--not smaller just yet. LOL

Jatie, on the cardio recovery days I usually do something light like walk or sneak in a strength training exercise. Today was the first day that I actually like ran and got my heart rate up. On my off days I do nothing at all but thank God I get to be a lazy bum. LOL
  • JatieKo621
    Options
    Yeah on recovery I usually try to do a little something to burn some calories but wasn't sure about what I should do on my actual OFF day, so I walked my dog for an hour and felt good. :)

Does anyone else have trouble doing the cardio recovery workout? Not all of it- but when you HOLD the squats/lunges?!? I GET SOO SHAKY and just can't stay down the entire time!! It baffles me that most of them stay down the entire time that he makes you hold it.

Maybe its just me....but seriously, I start sweating and its the recovery day! :) lol I do love Shaun T though!
  • AmoreCouture
    AmoreCouture Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I don't have Insanity YET, but I really want to keep track of this thread because I am fixing to get it and like hearing your experiences with it and feelings about it.
  • BflSaberfan
    Options
    Yeah on recovery I usually try to do a little something to burn some calories but wasn't sure about what I should do on my actual OFF day, so I walked my dog for an hour and felt good. :)

Does anyone else have trouble doing the cardio recovery workout? Not all of it- but when you HOLD the squats/lunges?!? I GET SOO SHAKY and just can't stay down the entire time!! It baffles me that most of them stay down the entire time that he makes you hold it.

Maybe its just me....but seriously, I start sweating and its the recovery day! :) lol I do love Shaun T though!

Today is my second recovery day, he just kicks your *kitten* at a slower pace. It BURNS and i cant hold it the entire time either. My legs start wobbling lol. But I'm hoping for better control this time.
  • BflSaberfan
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

Yeah, I definitely need a tape measure too. I can already feel that my tummy is getting smaller, I wish I had measured before hand to really know but I can see more definition and that is only from 2 weeks!!

Also-I strongly recommend everyone to get a heart rate monitor!! I had been looking at other people's calories burned who were in similar size as I am, and that is how I was recording my INSANITY workouts, but yesterday I finally used my new heart rate monitor to track "Pure Cardio" and I burned 630 calories!!! That was a lot higher than I had been recording it as. :) It made me really excited! Then I did the "Cardio Abs" after and that was another 188 calories! I was pretty excited to see that much of a burn in just an hour. I can't wait to start tracking the Max-workouts.

Ahh its my day off today as well. Does anyone do any activity on their days off or just solely rest? I felt like biking earlier but I don't know if I should just completely lay off my muscles.

I dont do ANYTHING on my rest day but then again I'm a little bit lazy (well as lazy as someone can be that is committed to doing Insanity)

You did cardio abs AFTER an Insanity workout?? Well damn I'm impressed! I usually just lay on the floor until my husband drags me to bed lol
  • road2peachtree
    Options
    Did Pure Cardio today with my new fancy shmancy HRM--it's a $30 one but it does the trick. I have actually guestimated fairly well w/o it--surprisingly. I guessed that my heart rate was at about 160 on avg. I stayed at 158 with the HRM on, except for a about 5 min when I was at 168 but whatevs. I tried to wait for the Boy to workout (he loves Insanity) with but seeing how he's in school and I'm impatient that wasn't going to work :P I'll wait for him so we can do Cardio Abs later--that's his fave.

One more day and week 4 is outta here! Yessssssss!

Oh and by the way Bfl and Jatie--I think ALL of us have the Insanity Wet Noodle Leg Syndrome...no matter what workout we're doing LOL
  • road2peachtree
    Options
    I don't have Insanity YET, but I really want to keep track of this thread because I am fixing to get it and like hearing your experiences with it and feelings about it.

Hi! We can't wait for you to get it.
  • BflSaberfan
    Options
    did the HRM give you your calories burn count of 680? I'm so curious what I'm burning, probably less than I think.

Also am I the only one that needs to take ALOT of water breaks? Sometimes I end up missing the next workout I'm so fatigued, I jump right back in but I just cant even come close to keeping up with them yet.
  • BflSaberfan
    Options
    bump
  • casey12105
    Options
    So yeserday was my recovery (forgot to check in lol) and yes it is hard for me when you're supposed to hold and pulse, I can't actually do it the whole time my thighs burn soo bad. I pushed myself yesterday and after I did recovery I did weights for my arms, and 100 ab exercises, and 30 minutes on the elliptical. Then I just layed on the floor for like 30 mins lol. This next week is going to be tough for me to stick with it because my son is out of school for break and its' going to mess my whole routine up. It's hard to work out with him here, he tends to walk in front of me or something and I end up almost swatting him in the head lol. This will be good to practice for the summertime though. I'm gonna run to the store later and pick up a tape measure and see if they have a cheap hrm there. I really wish I had measured myself before I started but oh well.
  • BflSaberfan
    Options
    So yeserday was my recovery (forgot to check in lol) and yes it is hard for me when you're supposed to hold and pulse, I can't actually do it the whole time my thighs burn soo bad. I pushed myself yesterday and after I did recovery I did weights for my arms, and 100 ab exercises, and 30 minutes on the elliptical. Then I just layed on the floor for like 30 mins lol. This next week is going to be tough for me to stick with it because my son is out of school for break and its' going to mess my whole routine up. It's hard to work out with him here, he tends to walk in front of me or something and I end up almost swatting him in the head lol. This will be good to practice for the summertime though. I'm gonna run to the store later and pick up a tape measure and see if they have a cheap hrm there. I really wish I had measured myself before I started but oh well.

Probably wont be much different this week so I'd just use your numbers this week as your starting point, make sure you take bfore and after undie pics, even if you are the only one that sees them. Dont trust that you'll be able to see the difference in the mirror, our eyes lie.

I work out after my kids go to bed, its too annoying otherwise lol
  • casey12105
    Options

Probably wont be much different this week so I'd just use your numbers this week as your starting point, make sure you take bfore and after undie pics, even if you are the only one that sees them. Dont trust that you'll be able to see the difference in the mirror, our eyes lie.

I work out after my kids go to bed, its too annoying otherwise lol

yea I took a before picture, got my husband to take it for me. I'm also mainly going by clothes size, my goal is to fit into a size by the end of may, june 15th at the latest because that's the day we leave to go visit family at home.