Are You Insane???

Options

Replies

• futbolista10
    Options
    Great thread!

I started this Innsaaannneeee journey 1 week and half ago, and I love it! I can't stand how they can actually smile throughout the whole workout though -____- lol.

Other than that, lost 13 pounds so far! Yay us!
  • mare91467
    mare91467 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I hope you don't mind my joining your group! I am on my 4th day of Insanity and it is testing my physical limits for sure! I know that I will be picking your brains and complaining, and hopefully at times enjoying the results!

Apparently, I am not eating enough so I am going to follow the nutrition plan in the workout and hopefully it will help me keep my energy up because I am extremely fatigued and sore right now.

I received some well needed encouragement from the motivation and support board who suggested your group. Hope you don't mind!
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    Great thread!

I started this Innsaaannneeee journey 1 week and half ago, and I love it! I can't stand how they can actually smile throughout the whole workout though -____- lol.

When I first started I was like aww isnt that Tonya such a sweet girl, always smiling. Now I Fing HATE her. I want to go Insane on her perky "I can do 120 switchkicks" Seriously no is that freakin happy WHILE THEY ARE DYING.
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    Hi all. I hope you don't mind my joining your group! I am on my 4th day of Insanity and it is testing my physical limits for sure! I know that I will be picking your brains and complaining, and hopefully at times enjoying the results!

Apparently, I am not eating enough so I am going to follow the nutrition plan in the workout and hopefully it will help me keep my energy up because I am extremely fatigued and sore right now.

I received some well needed encouragement from the motivation and support board who suggested your group. Hope you don't mind!

I didn't follow their diet plan exactly, but Im within the calories, also I do eat every 3 hrs or so from their recommendation. Keeps my blood sugar up and I dont feel so hungry and drained all day - this has helped me dramatically. Even if its just a cheese stick or an orange. I feel full all day since I am eating so frequently.
  • casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    Options
    Great thread!

When I first started I was like aww isnt that Tonya such a sweet girl, always smiling. Now I Fing HATE her. I want to go Insane on her perky "I can do 120 switchkicks" Seriously no is that freakin happy WHILE THEY ARE DYING.

lmao I completely agree, most of the time through the work out I'd like to kick her in the face lol
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I dont do ANYTHING on my rest day but then again I'm a little bit lazy (well as lazy as someone can be that is committed to doing Insanity)

You did cardio abs AFTER an Insanity workout?? Well damn I'm impressed! I usually just lay on the floor until my husband drags me to bed lol

Yeah in the end of week two it has pure cardio plus cardio abs together. It is a TOTAL *kitten* kicking.

And yeah, I want to kick Tonya as well. I find myself talking to the TV sometimes hahaha. Especially when Shaun T is like DIG DEEPER I sometimes yell back "I am you douche!!" Lol I think my boyfriend thinks im insane. (No pun intended?)
  • JatieKo621
    Options
    did the HRM give you your calories burn count of 680? I'm so curious what I'm burning, probably less than I think.

Also am I the only one that needs to take ALOT of water breaks? Sometimes I end up missing the next workout I'm so fatigued, I jump right back in but I just cant even come close to keeping up with them yet.

Yeah, my HRM was $50 bucks on Amazon and I feel like it gives really accurate readings. You put in your weight and info so it is a little customized. I burned 630 for doing the "Pure Cardio" exercise. I was surprised today because I did Fit Test #2 and burned 390 calories! I didn't think it would be that high just for the fit test but I was pushing myself.

And YES I TAKE A LOT of water breaks. I usually pause in between sets to fill up my glass because I drink so much water that it gets empty quick. Plus- like he says "this is interval training which means your heart rate needs to come down" so I let my heart rate drop a little before starting the next set of workouts. It helps me get through all of it instead of just having to stop halfway through a workout to breathe!
  • casey12105
    Options
    [Plus- like he says "this is interval training which means your heart rate needs to come down" so I let my heart rate drop a little before starting the next set of workouts. It helps me get through all of it instead of just having to stop halfway through a workout to breathe!

I always wonder about this, because he says that but then on some videos during the break he's like "hurry up and get back, you only have 30 seconds" (to which I usually reply, nu uh I have a pause button) so I was always curious if it works better to get your heartrate down more by taking a bit of a longer break or is it better to hop right back in even though you want to die lol. Because personally after some of those 30 seconds is not long enough for my heartrate to drop at all lol.

So today's workout was a bit hard for me, not sure if (tmi) it was because I started my TOM or I hadn't eaten enough beforehand or what, but the 40 min workout took me like an hour because of all the breaks I had to take (got a bit nauseated). The funny part is my 5 year old son was on the computer at the time and I'm lying on the floor trying not to die and he goes, "It's ok mom, you're almost there! You want me to help you?" which made me laugh and make myself get up, then at the end before the stretch I was lying on the floor again and he came and pulled me up without saying a word and then got back on the computer. Having him around during my workouts might not be so bad, it gives me some entertainment.
  • road2peachtree
    road2peachtree Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Whew! Finished the Cardio Abs--did it after dinner but it's done. Heck yea! One more day and then recovery week. Say whaaaaat?!

Bfl--yes my HRM gave me the 680. Like I said....I am loving the number so I'm sticking with it. Hahahaha

You guys are so funny. And yea who doesn't want to punch the smiley people. And that Josh cat (I think that's his name) who's always doing above and beyond. Welcome to all new ppls :)

Casey--my kids get in my way too but the Boy has really enjoyed doing it with me. The Girl will do it for like 2 secs and then leave me alone, but maybe see if he'll do it with you. Kids like to feel like they are some sort of help. The Boy has dubbed himself my personal trainer and he does a good job--sometimes. The Girl too. Maybe try it and see if he likes it. Can't hurt. Maybe you'll just tucker him out. LOL
  • Skolls081102
    Options
    Ok, just wanted to throw out a tip....for everyone using a HRM, make sure (if you're not already) that you subtract out your BMR calories (calories you'd burn doing nothing during that time). Go to the tools page, and click the BMR tool, click the calculate button. Whatever number shows up, divide by 24, then divide by 60 (this will give you how many BMR calories you burn in a minute. (Example based off my BMR- 2053(BMR)/24(Hours a day)/60(minutes an hour)= 1.42569444444 calories/minute. Today I did Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs (55 minutes times 1.4256944444= 78 normal BMR calories. My HRM showed 810 calories burned.....so 810-78= 732 actual calories burned during exercise.......and if you all knew this, then just ignore everything I just said :wink:

Soooooooo anyway........tweeked my right calf bad during the first 5 minutes of warmup on Pure Cardio. Pushed through both tapes, and I was limping pretty bad. we will see how tomorrow goes. One more day and then rest day and recovery week!!!! Awesome job everyone!!!!
  • JatieKo621
    Options
    I think he aims it more at the people in the video about hurrying to get back, or at least if you are able to do it then he is letting you know that the workout is about to begin again. I think that he wants you to take a break to where you can breathe again. You don't need to let your heart rate come down to resting zone at all, but you need to let it recover so that you can push through again. It is max interval training, which means long times of hard intensity followed by short recoveries. If you don't recover at all, you aren't doing interval training. Just make sure you don't take a break that is longer than the amount of time that you are in your high heart zone!

:)
  • Skolls081102
    Options
    WEEK 4 OF INSANITY IS DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RECOVERY WEEK HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I made it!!! I can't believe it. I am very proud of myself. 69 pounds ago, I would never have thought of even trying Insanity. And I have now completed 4 weeks of it!!! I feel awesome (except for my right calf). I couldn't push as hard as normal- it was bothering me. I would more or less forget about it for alittle bit, and then I'd plant my right leg, and get a nice twinge of pain. So I burned about 60 less calories than normal, which in the grand scheme of things is really no biggy. It's spike day anyway, so it's just 60 less calories to eat...lol

I really need Recovery Week. Although, I watched most of the DVD and it seems like a nice leg workout (which is where I need the most recovery) so we will see how things go. I am scared of the "Max" DVD's!!! lol But hey, 5 weeks of Insanity left!!! And then I can get my T-SHIRT!!!!!! Well, it says 8 weeks after you submit it...so I should hopefully have my shirt by........the end of July :noway:

Hope everyone is doing awesome!!! Glad to see we've had a few newcomers. I hope you get as much out of Insanity as the rest of us are. This is trully an awesome workout program!!!
  • casey12105
    Options
    Awesome job skolls!

Week 2 down for me, did pure cardio and cardio abs today. For some of those ab workouts where you have to lift your legs in c sit position, I'm not feelin it in my abs I'm feelin it in my hips. I don't know if my form isn't right or what, husband said it looked like I had the form they had so idk.
  • Skolls081102
    Options
    Awesome job skolls!

Week 2 down for me, did pure cardio and cardio abs today. For some of those ab workouts where you have to lift your legs in c sit position, I'm not feelin it in my abs I'm feelin it in my hips. I don't know if my form isn't right or what, husband said it looked like I had the form they had so idk.

Thanks!!! And I feel it in both. Especially after 4 weeks! I feel it in my hips, groin, hamstring, and my abs. I usually pause, not because my abs hurt, but because either my legs or lower back is bothering me.
  • JatieKo621
    Options
    WEEK 4 OF INSANITY IS DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RECOVERY WEEK HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I made it!!! I can't believe it. I am very proud of myself. 69 pounds ago, I would never have thought of even trying Insanity. And I have now completed 4 weeks of it!!! I feel awesome (except for my right calf). I couldn't push as hard as normal- it was bothering me. I would more or less forget about it for alittle bit, and then I'd plant my right leg, and get a nice twinge of pain. So I burned about 60 less calories than normal, which in the grand scheme of things is really no biggy. It's spike day anyway, so it's just 60 less calories to eat...lol

I really need Recovery Week. Although, I watched most of the DVD and it seems like a nice leg workout (which is where I need the most recovery) so we will see how things go. I am scared of the "Max" DVD's!!! lol But hey, 5 weeks of Insanity left!!! And then I can get my T-SHIRT!!!!!! Well, it says 8 weeks after you submit it...so I should hopefully have my shirt by........the end of July :noway:

Hope everyone is doing awesome!!! Glad to see we've had a few newcomers. I hope you get as much out of Insanity as the rest of us are. This is trully an awesome workout program!!!

Congratulations!! It is hard to get through Insanity if you have even a slight injury- I once pulled a muscle in my groin area and couldn't really do any of it (since it is so much squatting and jumping) so way to go on powering through. Just be careful though during recovery week, you'll want your calf 100% come max month! It is seriously so tough. I almost finished Insanity before and I remember thinking that month one is just preparing your body to be ABLE to do month two! It is crazy! But I loved it which is why I started all over again (even if its been awhile.)

And Casey-
    I feel ya on the abs thing. Sometimes I put a towel under me just so that my lower back/tailbone doesn't hurt. On hard floors it felt like my butt bone was grinding against the wood and it did NOT feel good! My hips also felt like they were getting a pretty good workout, I think its normal. I just sit a little farther back in the C sit position and really focus on breathing out when I lift my knees to make it hard for my abs.

This thread is so motivational! I am about to start week 3 (finished my Fit Test 2 yesterday-did better!!) and I am excited! I am starting to look forward to the workouts again. WEIRD.
  • road2peachtree
    Options
    WEEK 4 OF INSANITY IS DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RECOVERY WEEK HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I made it!!! I can't believe it.

Ditto!!!! LOL 'bout damn time...sheesh!

I over heard this buff dude talking to his friend about Insanity and I totally bum rushed their conversation hahhahahaha. I was like "Uh, sorry to interrupt but I do it too" and the buff guy was like "It's rough isn't it?" He said when he's done he's worn out. I felt so good looking up at that dude who was really pretty buff...like his muscles were popping out of his shirt...and saying I knew exactly what he meant. Yay!

Congrats to everyone who is on this journey too. Whether it's Insanity, Zumba, Tae Bo, C25k or just a plain ol' walk in the park, you are totally changing your body AND your life. How amazing is THAT?!
  • road2peachtree
    Options
    Ok...I'm testing this to see if it works. I sure hope so...

ProgressI-page1.jpg
  • casey12105
    Options
    I can definitely tell you're shrinking! Great job, can't wait to see your end results!
  • road2peachtree
    Options
    Thanks Casey. I can't belive I posted the pictures for everyone to see *hiding eyes*
  • freedomplease
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the Message Board but I'm starting Insanity tomorrow with the Fit Test. I'd love to join you all if it's not too late.

Thanks!