• Phornixx
    Phornixx Posts: 16
    Options
    what is insanity??
  • road2peachtree
    road2peachtree Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    what is insanity??

No. No. No. Close my ears! Hide my eyes! Did you just ask what is Insanity? LMAO--I'm joking. It's a workout from Beachbody. I put the link below if you wanna see:

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/insanity.do?gclid=CIrktOGUmKgCFaRl7Aod0mDhDA&code=SEMB_GOOGLE_SAN&extcmp=13286778763&ef_id=1wtNn5gZIU4AAM8W:20110412234614:s
  • kscutie
    kscutie Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Is the Insanity workout supposed to be harder or easier than P90X?
    my husband already has that workout...so I don't wanna buy it if it's really similar.
    Thanks!
  • Skolls081102
    Options
    my husband already has that workout...so I don't wanna buy it if it's really similar.
    Thanks!

I don't know. They are both really different. I believe P90X is more strength, where as Insanity is more cardio. I have a friend who has done 3 rounds of P90X, and after he finishes Rush Fit, we're going to trade (Rush Fit for Insanity). Hope that helps.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Thanks!

I have done both programs and while Mike is correct in the fact that they are completely different. In my opinion Insanity was much harder.
  • Stooooo
    Options
    Thanks!

I don't know. They are both really different. I believe P90X is more strength, where as Insanity is more cardio. I have a friend who has done 3 rounds of P90X, and after he finishes Rush Fit, we're going to trade (Rush Fit for Insanity). Hope that helps.

Let me know how Rush Fit is.
  • Skolls081102
    Options
    Stooooo- I still have 6 1/2 weeks of Insanity. He just started Rush Fit, and I believe it's a 60 day program. So if we do the swap, it won't be until Summertime. But if I do it, I will definitley post up a thread on it.

So you really believe Insanity is harder? Damn!!! In my head I was 100 times more afraid of P90X!!! Maybe I'll have to do that too!!!

How many samples you got left??????? lol
  • road2peachtree
    Options
    Ok, it's o-friggin-fficial...I can not do Pure Cardio in the mornings. I (1) felt like I was gonna die, (2) felt dizzy at one point...think I got up too fast (3) wondered what the hell I had gotten myself into and almost shut Shaun T and the stupid DVD down. But...the fact that I'm knee deep in it AND that I'm ready to bust out of the 260's kept me going. If it wasn't for that, Shaun T and his Pure Cardio would be in the back of a dusty basement corner. LOL

Hope everyone is doing well today!
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    Road - I am so scared of the pure cardio ={

Day 4 today.
  • casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    Options
    So last night I did the first workout, and holy crap. I definitely overestimated my fitness level lol. When I watched it yesterday morning just to see what they did, I was like well, I won't be able to go as fast as they do but I'll just go my own very slow pace. Yea no, there was a bunch that I ended up having to modify so that I was still working out but not doing what they were doing,a nd I remember at one point towards the end I just jogged in place for an entire interval because I just could not do anything else lol. I hurt sooo bad right now and I'm supposed to get up ina minute and do the cardio & resistance...I have no idea how I'm going to do this when I can barely sit down to pee lol.
  • road2peachtree
    Options
    So last night I did the first workout, and holy crap. I definitely overestimated my fitness level lol. When I watched it yesterday morning just to see what they did, I was like well, I won't be able to go as fast as they do but I'll just go my own very slow pace. Yea no, there was a bunch that I ended up having to modify so that I was still working out but not doing what they were doing,a nd I remember at one point towards the end I just jogged in place for an entire interval because I just could not do anything else lol. I hurt sooo bad right now and I'm supposed to get up ina minute and do the cardio & resistance...I have no idea how I'm going to do this when I can barely sit down to pee lol.

LMAO! I made the mistake of watching it first too. You are like "Oh ok, that's fine. I can probably keep up." Ummm....no. LOL
  • BflSaberfan
    Options

I'm on day 4, so I'm righ there with you at the beginning. I am in SO much pain.. I laid on the floor during some of them so dont feel bad for still jogging LOL I will say once you get back into it tonight you will feel better once your muscles get warmed up...but then tomorrow....well....I hope you dont have any stairs.
  • Stooooo
    Options
    I think it was harder for me because cardio is probably my weakness. I could do strength training every day of the week if it was ok to do. Don't get me wrong P90X kicked my *kitten*, but Insanity kicked my *kitten* and then kicked it again!!

GO FLYERS!!!! SABERS SUCK!!!!!!

@BFL make sure you are having a recovery drink with in 30 minutes of completing your work out.
  • Phornixx
    Phornixx Posts: 16
    Options
    what is insanity??

No. No. No. Close my ears! Hide my eyes! Did you just ask what is Insanity? LMAO--I'm joking. It's a workout from Beachbody. I put the link below if you wanna see:

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/insanity.do?gclid=CIrktOGUmKgCFaRl7Aod0mDhDA&code=SEMB_GOOGLE_SAN&extcmp=13286778763&ef_id=1wtNn5gZIU4AAM8W:20110412234614:s

haha thanks. Live in the UK and we get nothing good. I had to get my brother to buy Turbo Jam for me in Canada and ship it here!! ugg
  • casey12105
    Options
    So did my 2nd day workout and there was definitely a lot more pausing of the dvd than there was yesterday lol. All I can say is, I may not be able to do as many as them, or do it was fast as them, but I'm still doing it damn it! :D I think I may start back doing 30mins on the elliptical as well, with me not moving as fast as them I don't feel like I'm getting the cardio I need, at least until I can build up to a good pace.
  • road2peachtree
    Options
    So did my 2nd day workout and there was definitely a lot more pausing of the dvd than there was yesterday lol. All I can say is, I may not be able to do as many as them, or do it was fast as them, but I'm still doing it damn it! :D I think I may start back doing 30mins on the elliptical as well, with me not moving as fast as them I don't feel like I'm getting the cardio I need, at least until I can build up to a good pace.

LOL Way to go--just keep going. You're awesome
  • BflSaberfan
    Options
    Did cardio recovery yesterday. I feel AWESOME today. I actually liked that one. I like the slow movements and deep stretches. My body certainly needed it after the intense first 3 days. Pure cardio tonight. Oh boy!!!
  • Skolls081102
    Options
    Cardin Recovery today, and man did I need it! 2 and 1/2 weeks in and my legs are toast. I think I could actually do more, if my legs felt better. They are just exhausted! 2 more days till rest day! I can't wait. And that means 1 week and 2 days till Recovery Week! And then....hell! Lol...I really hope I can finish. I want my t-shirt! Lol. Glad to hear everyone is doing well. Keep up the great work! We are all in this together! Great job everyone!

@Stoooo- recovery shake? I either drink my Muscle Milk shake, or eat dinner......depends on where my workout falls.
  • casey12105
    Options
    Today was my recovery day, and I feel great after that! It was definitely still tough. when you have to hold the squat or lunge omg my thighs were burning. But it was definitely a recovery, now I'm still sore but not so much that I can barely move. Unfortunately, I watched the Pure Cardio that I have to do tomorrow and omg, kinda made me want to cry lol. About 10 mins into the actual workout I was like um...where are the 30 second breaks??!! The dude just keeps going! Ah, it's gonna kill me. My birthday is tomorrow too so yea, happy birthday to me lol.
  • Skolls081102
    Options
    Woke up early and worked out. My legs felt a little better (which I was surprised at). But mornings are really not my thing. I just could not push myself hard enough (in my opinion). But it was better than the alternative, which would have been working out at 9 tonight! One more day till rest day (well, at least from working out) and then I'm on vacation!!!!! I can't wait! I should be able to work out whenever (although I'm supposed to be going to my S-I-L's for 2 days....shave to figure out how to squeeze workouts in. Catch up with all of you later! Keep up the great work!