Tanning

Options
RoadDog
RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
Who tans? Spray Tans? Tanning Beds?

Year Round?

How do you tan? With bathing suit on? Nude? Topless?

Just had some conversations about it, so I thought I'd ask.

I spend a lot of time on my bike in the summer and usually vacation somewhere hot, so I start fake tanning about this time each year. Usually just keep my watch on, so I can see the difference as I get darker.

How about you?

Replies

• sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I usually just use a gradual self tanner on my legs. When I was younger and dumber and my dad didn't have skin cancer I went to the beds naked. Now I am an SPF 30 kinda girl.
  • savannahgur
    savannahgur Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I have tanned and spray tanned and love both!

I will also start tanning about now :) I'm excited, I only tan long enough to get a good base tan then I just tan outdoors, I'm extremly pale so whatever I get in the summer usually gts sucked up by my skin 2 months after I stop so I have no choice unless I blind ppl at the beach :)

When I do use the TB's I wear panties or bathing suit bottoms because I know they wipe the machines down but it still freaks me out a bit
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    *hiss* I value young more than dark or orange, lol, but to each their own. I embrace my paleness.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    I started in Feb. goin once a week for 8 minutes in the stand up tanning bed. I tan in the nude to get the all over glow. I have a slight tan. I am up to goin twice a week still just @ 8 minutes. Probally take it up to 9 minutes on Wednesday. Slow and steady is how I tan. Just like weightloss. LOL
  • minmatt
    minmatt Posts: 62
    Options
    I spray tan and tan. I would love to get sprayed all the time, but it comes off so easily when I work out so I usually only o that on occasion any more.

I usually go twice a week year round except for summer I dont usually tan indoors.

Def nude, no tan lines.

"Cant tone it, tan it. "
  • pmorrison101
    Options
    I tan in a 15min. bed and have been doing it for 20 years now year round....sometimes I might take a month of in the winter.......hate fake tan look..........
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I love tanning. My husband doesn't because of the health risk. So I usually only go tanning a couple times a year. I am French so I tan really easy. We have a sun tan city close to my work. I go there in the basic bed for 10 to 15 minutes twice a week I tan naked because I do not want tan lines :) This year if I am thin enough I plan on tanning outside! I have 20 more pounds to go.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Headed to the beach (2 weeks) planning to tan at a 'salon' ahead of time.

In the past I burn myself everytime and am miserible for days afterwards. Not this time I plan on being ready to enjoy from day 1.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I don't tan at all...but I'm also goth and pasty skin is the norm. I wear spf 65 year round and in the summer I'll wear 100+. I'd rather not have cancer....so if you do tan....only go with a fake bake. Your health and life is more important than to 'glow' for a few months.
  • xerinx2011
    xerinx2011 Posts: 222
    Options
    When its winter i dont really bother unless im going out somewhere, during the summer i spray tan once a week and only wear knickers for it. I wont go on sunbeds or out in the sun as i blister far too easy and i like to look after my skin.

I spray tan at home as the last time i went to a salon i ended up orange! I like to look healthy rather than like a wotsit which seems to be the fashion around here!!
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    *hiss* I value young more than dark or orange, lol, but to each their own. I embrace my paleness.

Amen to that!
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Like I said before, I wish I could tan. Spray tans are a pain, expensive, and don't last long. I did it a few times and when I couldn't even go into a pool without it streaking, I gave it up. I just remain self-conscious in silence. Although I am starting to change my attitude a little bit. I need to stop caring what other people think.

I will say, though, that the aging factor has been a positive for me. I just turned 31 and someone at the gym last week guessed me at 23. My parents are both pale like me and they both look very good for their ages. I've even had people say that I look no different from what I did in high school (except for gaining 30-40 lbs.). I get compliments on my complexion from time to time, which also helps. So I am slowly changing my perspective as time goes on.
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    I have to say never in my life have I met a man who uses a sun bed/fake tan, guess things must be different in the states.

I have used a sun bed, in the past before I worked for the health service and learned what a terrible danger they are. I would use fake tan though, I have never had a spray tan but I would try one. I do sunbathe and usually topless (although not on my last holiday as it's illegal in Egypt!!!) My kids get bent out of shape when we go to the beach and I have no top on lol, but I am too old to be running about in a thong and nowt else nowadays, I like to just lay quietly minding my own beeswax. I use a decent sunscreen too, don't want to damage my skin any more than I have.
  • porcelain_doll
    Options
    unless I blind ppl at the beach :)

This is how I feel when I go to the beach.
  • marchegt
    marchegt Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I use sunless tanner lotion! My favourite is Jergen's Express for medium-dark skin tones, but that is more of a quick fix! I only have to use it once to start getting compliments on my excellent tan, people asking me where I've been! (and it's not a "self-tanner" like the ones that you only have to apply once and they work immediately... it is just a body lotion with sunless tanner in it that you use over a couple of days)

Only problem.... boy does it smell funky! Not terrible but certainly not pretty!!
  • marshmallowmind
    marshmallowmind Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm very pale, so pale that most foundation is orange on me haha. I've wanted to try tanning but when it comes to the bottled stuff, it makes me bright orange no matter what brand or how much I use. It's ridiculous. I'm tempted to try using sunbeds when I can afford to, ready for the summer. Fake tan just looks bad on me!
  • cmyrick75
    cmyrick75 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    :) One of my only bad habits left! I no longer bite my nails or smoke and i am eating healthy and exercising more BUT i love to tan! I work in an office so I don't get to see much of the real sunshine so iot is my little mini vacation during the day.

I just renewed my package and will start this week. I start out at 8 min everyother day and then in a few weeks, I'll be 15 min every other day or almost every day and then by July, I slow down again since I then get some sun on the weekends!

I go nude. usually keep on my rings so i can see my progress. :)
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options

Okay I'm almost 54 lived most of my life outdoors. Hawaii for several years, construction for many. My skin is way past 'young'. So I'll take tan :)
  • porcelain_doll
    Options
    I embrace my paleness.

**like**
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I'm very pale, so pale that most foundation is orange on me haha. I've wanted to try tanning but when it comes to the bottled stuff, it makes me bright orange no matter what brand or how much I use. It's ridiculous. I'm tempted to try using sunbeds when I can afford to, ready for the summer. Fake tan just looks bad on me!

Maybe it's just Oregon, I don't know, but fake tan looks bad on everyone.