Tanning

Options

Replies

• whouwannab
    whouwannab Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    When its winter i dont really bother unless im going out somewhere, during the summer i spray tan once a week and only wear knickers for it. I wont go on sunbeds or out in the sun as i blister far too easy and i like to look after my skin.

I spray tan at home as the last time i went to a salon i ended up orange! I like to look healthy rather than like a wotsit which seems to be the fashion around here!!

What at home spray product do you use?
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    *hiss* I value young more than dark or orange, lol, but to each their own. I embrace my paleness.

I'm right with ya on that one hun! I don't mind being pale. I guess if someone doesnt like me the way I am then they can go well u know what Im getting at LOL. :tongue: BUT tans are very pretty, just not my kinda thing!
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    When its winter i dont really bother unless im going out somewhere, during the summer i spray tan once a week and only wear knickers for it. I wont go on sunbeds or out in the sun as i blister far too easy and i like to look after my skin.

I spray tan at home as the last time i went to a salon i ended up orange! I like to look healthy rather than like a wotsit which seems to be the fashion around here!!

"Knickers" Love that.
  • ashleynicoleb
    ashleynicoleb Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I'm a redhead so of course my skin is very fair. I burn pretty easily and my parents have ALWAYS been adamant in making me use sun screen and to protect my skin in general. I can get burned badly enough to the point of blistering. I doubt I could tan in tanning beds even if I wanted to.

I used to do the Mystic spray tanning regularly in the summer and really liked it. It definitely is hard to maintain when you work out regularly, though. It's also expensive and being a college student, I can't really afford to keep up with it.

I love Jergens natural self tanning. It applies very evenly and is a great color for me :smile:
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Tanning bed to get my base line tan and then I enjoy the pool or the beach. I cover my face so that the rays don't get to that and cause premature aging. I also make sure and moisturize after every event in the sun or tanning bed. Moisture is the key to aging. But as said earlier to each their own. I am almost 50 and very few people ever come close to guessing I am. I am usually put at 34 -36 yrs of age.. And I have done this for the past 10 yrs...
  • RoadDog
    Options
    Tan or pale, by the way, has nothing to do with beauty. There are beautiful women in MFP in every shade imaginable.

As for the health risk, I am fairly certain that it is the bad sunburns that contiribute more heavily to skin cancer than tanning.
  • RoadDog
    Options
    I'm a redhead so of course my skin is very fair. I burn pretty easily and my parents have ALWAYS been adamant in making me use sun screen and to protect my skin in general. I can get burned badly enough to the point of blistering. I doubt I could tan in tanning beds even if I wanted to.

I used to do the Mystic spray tanning regularly in the summer and really liked it. It definitely is hard to maintain when you work out regularly, though. It's also expensive and being a college student, I can't really afford to keep up with it.

I love Jergens natural self tanning. It applies very evenly and is a great color for me :smile:

No one is paler than my wife, Ashley. She glows in the dark! Last couple of years, she started tanning when I do. She now tans easily. Harder to find her in the dark now though, but that just makes it more fun groping around under the covers.
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    when i was young i would tan but then i learned so much about the health risks i just quit and now after watching a tv show ( i think it was called obseesed not sure tho) i will never again get in a tanning bed. i do think that when i get to goal weight im gonna try out a spray tan though
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I tan in a bed, naked, only when I feel like it (so far February till June I plan on it) then I will stop most likely till fall or next year. In the summer I wear sunscreen only because I HATE TAN LINES!!!!

I do have that tanning lotion you put on and it gives color over time and use that sometimes, and I have access to a spray tan whenever I want (although I hardly do it anymore, used to do it weekly)

One of my best friends owns a tanning salon so it's sooooo convenient for me to go and I used to work in one for 5 years so I've gotten used to going off and on for the last 10+ years.

My mom and I always say tanned fat looks better than white fat! LOL
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I think my picture makes it obvious to if I tan lol
    I dont mind being pale
  • Stefani74
    Stefani74 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I am very light skinned and burn very easily. I spend hours on the back of a motorcycle with my hubby or doing outdoor activities during the summer and it seems no matter how careful I am with sunscreen I end up burning. So I get a good base tan at the tanning bed in the Spring. I know it's safer for me to cover up on the bike, but I just gotta have my shorts and tank top on.

This summer we will be spending a lot of time on the river in our new boat, so I know there's a huge burn factor. Would rather have a good base tan when I go out than burn and blister.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    ^new boat?! :love:
  • RoadDog
    Options
    I am very light skinned and burn very easily. I spend hours on the back of a motorcycle with my hubby or doing outdoor activities during the summer and it seems no matter how careful I am with sunscreen I end up burning. So I get a good base tan at the tanning bed in the Spring. I know it's safer for me to cover up on the bike, but I just gotta have my shorts and tank top on.

This summer we will be spending a lot of time on the river in our new boat, so I know there's a huge burn factor. Would rather have a good base tan when I go out than burn and blister.

Yup Yup Yup

Nothing ruins a nice run on a hot summer day in a tank top, like burning your arms and face.
  • DaniJeanine
    DaniJeanine Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I tan in a 13 minutes bed for the full time nude, 1x/week. I want to have a natural, healthy, glow and since I already have Italian olive-skin, that once a week session is all I need. If you need more than that, I'd recommend a daily gradual tanning lotion. The spray tan is too fickle--it comes off and it can look super orange!
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    I ♥ my paleness, and often wish I were more pale than I am.....living in FL makes it hard, especially in the summer when we are on the boat every weekend. I also have to make sure my tats are covered in SPF of the highest...and its not rare to see me on the boat....in july.....with a long sleeve on.....
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Im a hairdresser & beauty therapist and offer spray tanning. I live in dublin ireland so it is a good business to be in :o)
    I tan really well when im away but we do not get alot sun at home so I have trained my boyfriend to spray me lol
    Sunbeds are a big no no over here
  • xerinx2011
    xerinx2011 Posts: 222
    Options

"Knickers" Love that.

Why??
  • xerinx2011
    xerinx2011 Posts: 222
    Options

What at home spray product do you use?

I use st tropez or if im in a rush (no local shops sell it so i order online) i use a cheaper version called st moritz.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    *hiss* I value young more than dark or orange, lol, but to each their own. I embrace my paleness.

me too... i can't tan so trying is silly...doesn't look good on me