Arm Exercises For Women: Get Sleek, Sexy Arms

Options

Replies

• Jaw_g
    Jaw_g Posts: 46
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this. Billy Blanks uses a lot of these moves in his Tae Bo workouts (Tae Bo Ripped Extreme (Workout for women), Billy's Bootcamp Cardio Sculpt, Billy's Bootcamp Elite Mission Spot Training Upper Body.) For these workouts, I have used my 3 pound weights.

will look in to these too!
  • aimibean
    aimibean Posts: 243
    Options
    Bump
  • Peta22
    Peta22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • gastankerdriver
    Options
    These are awesome excercises, but I would recommend increasing the number of sets at some point in the future. 3 sets is good for a beginner, but if you really want to get people to notice your arms, do about 5-10 sets. Arms are for work. Work the muscle until it hurts. Then, make sure you get some good protein to maintain your gains. Feeding your muscle is just as important as working it. You cannot separate the two. You won't get results if you do 150 reps and then just eat some pita chips. Go eat a lean hamburger and some yams or if you are vegan, a good vegan protein drink.
  • krevill
    krevill Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Thankks for posting this, I used to do these all the time but not lately must get back into them.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    In the past, things like squats, lunges, and push ups have been painful on my joints. Free weights done while my legs are stationary are preferable.

Odds are good that if you don't work the muscles surrounding those joints in some way and/or work on joint mobility, they will only become more and more painful. You could try yoga. If you are currently weak, a Vinyasa yoga class is a strength training workout in and of itself.
  • tina_fay
    tina_fay Posts: 30
    Options
    Bump-Thanks!
  • CaseyMichigan
    Options
    YAY! Ty!! Not sure what "Bump" means - but I sure am copy and pasting this and keeping it for my strength training!! It is like you were right in my head! Thank you for sharing!!!
  • KPainter70
    KPainter70 Posts: 152
    Options
    6BE7A512-orig.jpg

I need this shirt.
  • justaspringhaze
    Options
    Does anyone else think it's strange when men leave endless comments rebutting a post that is actually for women?

I find it particularly strange that 3-5 men keep coming back to say the same exact thing. Concern trolling at its finest.

There's a wide range of responses from smart and fit women on this thread. Thanks dudes, but we're smart enough to figure this out for ourselves.
  • Sheila1968
    Sheila1968 Posts: 106
    Options
    All of you on the LIFT HEAVY band wagon - YES, we get you. We know that is the ideal. However, I think you are forgetting that there seem to be a lot of women on here who perhaps have never lifted weights AT ALL. You need to start slowly and work your way up. I've seen too many people try to start with VERY heavy weights, get injured and/or discouraged, and go back to doing NOTHING. I've been lifting for over 20 years, and yes, I started with cans of soup. I'm not ashamed of that, and I am happy to say that I have progressed over the years to heavier and heavier weights, but you have to start somewhere!!!

I understand this position, but disagree because-

Without attempting heavy lifting, you will never realise your true strength. Until your true strength is brought into focus, you will never be able to challenge yourself. Until you challenge yourself, you will never be able to better yourself. Or, in other words, don't expect results without doing the work.

The program listed by the op would be fine for a light cardio workout, but its not going to give you 'sleek sexy arms.' You need the correct diet, and lifting rouine for that.

The excersize program must be compatible with your goals, and the diet must be compatible with the excersize.

If you read what I wrote, I never said NOT to challenge yourself. I suggested that people new to weights start with small weights and work their way up as they get stronger instead of trying to start immediately with heavy weights. That's all.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,699 Member
    Options
    There's a wide range of responses from smart and fit women on this thread. Thanks dudes, but we're smart enough to figure this out for ourselves.
    Some might need more info. You aren't required to listen and if it were such an easy topic to cover we wouldn't have endless threads from females asking how to tone up the muscles of their arms. Having as much reliable info in your arsenal doesn't hurt.

A.C.E. Certified Personal & Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else think it's strange when men leave endless comments rebutting a post that is actually for women?

I find it particularly strange that 3-5 men keep coming back to say the same exact thing. Concern trolling at its finest.

Maybe because us men respect women enough to know that there isn't "men exercises" or "women exercises" and when we see see stupid posts like this we feel the need to rebut it.

As someone who did the split body routine with alot of isolation work, I saw very little progress for years and just wanted to help. So you really should get off your high horse. I don't recall anywhere in the MFP guidelines where it said certain threads are only for women.
  • lbarton03
    lbarton03 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Bump for later :)
  • DebRives
    DebRives Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options

If this advice was for men, we'd be laughing our *kitten* off because the advice would be ridiculous. But when the exact same advice is put into some article tailored towards women, it' suddenly becomes some accepted and legit.

Why would advice be rejected by men but apparently works for women? Well because it doesn't. Women want to hear that they can "sorta lift weights" and have it be the means to their general goals. They also want to hear that they don't have to do the bigger main lifts in order to "tone up". Well it won't work. At the very least, you'd have to really get your diet on point. THAT would do MUCH more than these so called toning exercises
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options

Yes there are a lot of smart and fit women on this thread. They tend to agree with the smart men on this thread as well and vice versa. I don't see how having a penis means we know nothing about strength training for people that don't have a penis. Does that mean male personal trainers couldn't possibly do any good for female clients or vice versa?
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Do you really think they would put advice like this in a men's magazine?
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    pink-dumbbell.jpg