200+ Pushin' For Less Cushion!

Options

Replies

• Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Oops, I didn't have a chance to post my weigh-in Saturday and then forgot yesterday. So I guess first things first, the scale said 223.2, which is -1.2 lbs since last week. I'm happy about that, but I'm NOT happy about how the scale has been bouncing around for me ever since. I think I need to sit back and take a look at the kinds of food I've been eating lately because something is causing me to hold on to water or something. If anybody wants to friend me and take a look at my food diary, I'd love any input you could give me (other than: eat fewer cookies! yesterday was an aberration, I swear!). Oh, and on the days where it shows me drinking 2 coffees--the second is decaf herbal tea, but with the same amount of sweetener/milk. I was just too lazy to make another entry.

I've signed up for a weight loss contest/program at work. The buy in is $50 per person and the one with the highest loss (I think % wise, although it might be total lbs) takes all. The same group just finished a round and had I participated I would have won, so I'm kind of hopeful. The contest goes for 12 weeks.

Anyway, now to get caught up on the thread because I've been shamefully absent lately, in reverse order because I'm contrary like that.

Lacey: That sounds like a pretty decent workout program. Congrats on the loss for the week :)

Noelle: Onederland! Woohoo!

Amber: Sounds like you had a nice time getting outside today. I'm jealous--it's still not quite warm enough here.

sophjakesmom: Welcome to the group! We're always welcoming to new people. Tell us about yourself and just dive right in :).

Kendal: I'm glad the worst of the storms missed you! I was reading about the storms this morning and they sound pretty terrifying! I'm right on the edge of Canada's tornado alley and I get freaked out whenever we get a bad thunderstorm.

Suzie: You are doing so awesome!

Kerry: Way to go working out even though you maybe indulged a little too much over the weekend.

Sorry if I missed anybody--I'll try to do a better job of keeping up this week!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    YEAH for being home safely... The weather here was sunny and dry... Sorry Kerry and Kristina that you had that Gosh aweful storm that I drove home through. We saw 10 cars in the ditches and I did lots of praying... We took a long lunch at the brewpub in Frankenmuth and thankfully the roads were dry and clear the rest of the way home. Ann Arbor was the worst!!!... I hope it's all cleared up for you Kristina... I almost suggested we stop and stay the night but the phone was showing a clearing if you made it north of Saginaw... It just was slllloooowww going....

OMG - so the "little black goal dress" arrived today... I held it up next to me and my husband says. You realize you need to lose 4" in every direction for that to fit. All I could do was laugh. It looked soooo tiny. I stated "it will stretch" and he rolled his eyes. So I try it on and the fit wasn't so bad but a 20 pound loss and I will be smoking!!! So my new goal is to lose 20 pounds and have the dress fit... I'm going to hang it in my closet. Daily goal reminder as I get dressed... It's a really hot dress!!!!!!

I'm not brave enough to take before pics.. I held my breath in the mirror views (*blushes*)...

DH now wants to know what he's to wear when he takes me out on the town "in that".... Will jeans and a beer t-shirt work --- He!! no... He's gotta come up with something... I'm just laughing. I'll find him some great outfit.

On the downside, he's been crying today as next week is a year since our 5th kitty passed away. He's ready for a new one. Am I a bad pet mom since I didn't realize this??

Hey Noelle - Welcome to onederland!!!! Great Job!!!!

sophjakesmom - welcome to the group!!!

Kerry - beer... My downfall. DH has a brewing degree and all IPAs are my fav... Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale is one of my favs. I also like wheat beers.

Sarah - great job on the loss!!!
  • SteppingOutofGrey
    SteppingOutofGrey Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Why is it that I can feel so happy and positive that I lost some weight / was 'good' for a week and then I go into 'sabotage' immediately and consume absolute rot - including a tub of icecream - and feel absolute c*****? What is it all about?
  • kmturtle3
    kmturtle3 Posts: 556
    Options
    no such thing as stupid questions, they are "easy to answer" questions lol.

if you hit the "quote" link in the bottom right corner of the post, it will automatically quote the entire post. Really all it does is add the html code [.quote] and [./quote] before and after the text (without the . of course). Anything thats inside those brackets will be in the blue quote box.

Say someone has a super long post and you only want to quote a small part of it, you can hit that "quote" link and delete everything that you don't want to quote (just leave the brackets alone). That way you will show specifically what you are responding to.

I just wanted to see if it works...
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Annette - I think the self sabotage is fear of success and that we are not worthy of being skinny... I may have lost 50 pounds, but I still feel fat. I am the same person inside and fail to recognize that I have succeeded. Sometimes, when I walk by the mirror, I do a double take and wonder who that is. I don't recognize myself. When I go to the store, I still start in the plus section and then realize the clothes wont fit anymore. I just cant get used to shopping for 14 pants and L tops. I'm not sure I'm saying this correctly.

We've all had those days. It happens less often now than in the past. All you can do is pick yourself up and try not to do it again. The easiest way for me to avoid the temptation is to not keep the temptation in the house.

Was the ice cream stress eating? If so, what triggered it and how can you stop the trigger next time....

As for me - I'm getting ready to face Mr. Scale and see my damage from not recording over the weekend... Today is back to daily exercise and logging my food... The vacation is over. Enjoy your day everyone... My area is supposed to get 4 to 8 inches of snow tonight. I thought I saw the last of the white stuff in Ann Arbor yesterday but am cursed to get more. Spring, Spring, Wherefore art thou Spring???
  • kmturtle3
    kmturtle3 Posts: 556
    Options
    No seriously Kendall, I SWEAR I have tried that before and it never actually put it in a blue box. :laugh:

Sarah, I'm sure you will do AWESOME in that work challenge. You have been losing so consistently! I'll shoot a friend request your way and check out what you've got going on. I'm guessing it has something to do with sodium - I'm trying SO hard right now to keep my sodium at or under 2500mg a day, and let me tell you, it is freaking hard.

Victoria, I'm glad to hear you made it home safely. I think Kristina got hit worse than we did here in Lansing, but it still was just pretty much winter out yesterday. I think the rest of the week is supposed to just be cold and rainy/snowy, which really stinks.

Victoria and Lacey, I also am on a huge IPA kick these days. I love pretty much everything Sierra Nevada does, but their Celebration Ale is pretty great. This summer Chris and I have 2 long weekend trips planned - one in Grand Rapids area in June, another up north in August with friends - to do brewery tours of a bunch of microbreweries in Michigan. Victoria, can you get Bell's? Have you tried Hopslam? Its pretty intense but SO DELICIOUS. I also really love HumaLupaLicious from Short's. Lacey, I haven't seen Ninkasi around here at all, but I will for sure look for it. We have a couple of really great stores that bring in beers from all over, so I'l do some hunting.

Ok, enough on the beer. :drinker:

I came into work at 6 this morning so I definitely did not workout before. I think today is YogaX so I'll be doing that when I get home and if I have time some sort of indoor cardio. I'm not running outside in rain/snow/BRR.

Are any of you green tea drinkers at all? I have virtually given up coffee and soda since January and have replaced it with green tea, and am always curious to hear what peoples favorites are.

I'm also thinking about having my hair stylist put some blue and lime green in my hair the next time I go in. Last summer I had blue/turquoise/blond, and last fall blue/orange/pink. We have a new manager at work though and I'm not sure how he'll feel about it. I suppose I could just ask. Its not like I dye my whole head that color... Usually just some very strategically placed chunks here and there - I go to an Aveda salon for pete's sake!

Ok, enough randomness from me. I need breakfast.
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Check in for Monday: 2647 calories burned/ 1837 calories eaten/ 810 calorie deficit. I'm cutting a bit back on exercise this week as it is an Insanity rest week. It comes at a good time as I kind of feel like I might be coming down with something.

AmysMummy: I don't think beating yourself up about your self-sabotage is very helpful. In my experience, when I beat myself up for making bad choices it kind of fuels a downward spiral of MORE bad choices. It's good that your recognize self-sabotage but I think that maybe you could look at ways to avoid it in the future. For me, I have noticed that I self-sabotage when I have been too strict with myself. Seriously, my mind is like a 3 year old - you tell me I can't have a cookie, then ALL I want is cookies - and lots of them. So I try to avoid this by building some kind of treat into every day. Nothing major - I don't eat a slice of cake every day but I will have some dark chocolate or something so the bratty 3 year old in my head doesn't freak out and eat an entire cake. So far, it mostly works.

Victoria: That dress sounds awesome. I'm glad you have a visual goal for yourself. I should probably do something like that too.

Sarah: Good luck on your biggest loser contest! I'll friend you. I like looking at other people's diaries to get ideas of what's working for them.

Lacey: I like your workout schedule.

Noelle: Congrats on One-derland!!

Kerry: I wish I could give you some beer input but I am more of a wine gal. I do like Heineken and heffeweisen and my go-to beer for just hanging out would be Bud Lite Lime (I know...lame...but I like it). Sometimes I feel like a loser when everyone here in Germany is all about the beer and I'm kinda meh on the whole thing. Then I go get some German wine and I'm no longer meh. :drinker:

I did my Insanity Cardio Core & Balance workout today and my dog walk. While I was getting ready to do my Insanity workout, I noticed that my neighbor was pulling his Camper/RV thing out of his parking spot (which is right next to my parking spot). I was watching him pull out when - for some reason- he backed up! He backed up into the back of my car! Luckily, when I got down there and inspected the damage, it's mostly just the tail light he shattered and the car is ok (a few new scratches but ok). He said I should fix it and he'll pay for it. At least, that's what I think he said - my German is really bad and he speaks no English. Why does crap like this ALWAYS happen when The Hubbs is out of town?!?!?
  • Yocum1219
    Yocum1219 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I'm so useless on the alcohol topic. Not just b/c I'm a Southern Baptist ;-) ...just b/c I don't like it! I have a drink now & then, but I'm one of those "lightweight" (only time I can use that term...for now) drinkers & have the fruity stuff that you can't taste the alcohol. So I shall leave that topic to those who know more than myself! :-D

AmysMummy-Sabatoge happens! I've been on & off the wagon for years! I'd "go for it" for a couple of weeks & make it, lose 10 lbs...then binge like crazy! I just wasn't in the right place in my life to realize I was good enough to deserve to be taken care of by myself! I'll admit, God has done a lot of that for me. Yes, I had to work at it as well, but without His help, I don't think I'd be where I am. I have been reading about nutrition & dieting & weight loss for years. I "know" all the healthy things I need to do, in theory. Now is the first time I've been able to practically apply them, and it feels good. I know my kids are watching me, and having a little girl seemed to be the kicker. I don't want her to have body image issues. So having a confident, healthy mommy, no matter what my weight, will hopefully help with that. :-) Just focus on healthy choices & realize you're allowed to have "bad" days!

Victoria-That dress sounds like an idea! At this point, I have a nice winter coat that almost fits me that I hope to be able to fit into before next winter. It "almost" buttons...now if my chest shrinks along with my stomach...I have a chance! LOL!

Sarah-I'm in a biggest loser contest here with the girls at work too. I've lost 8.4% since March 1st. Our contest ends next Friday and so far, I'm ahead! Our prize is a total of $50...to a salon! So I wish you the best! It's nice to have that "in person" accountability, even if you're pretty good most of the time on your own!

Kerry-wow, Onederland! Awesome! I'm dreaming of it! That's when I plan to start C25K...:o)

Glad to have all of you around. Just need a moment to vent myself. Or ask...is it wrong to get totally frustrated with someone who has issues? My half-brother goes through depression bouts. Always over a break-up with a girl. He moans & complains that his life is over. He gets hospitalized (this was 2 weeks ago). And just about every day for 2 weeks, several times a day, he calls/texts/or emails me about how much he misses her, still loves her...or he gets mad that she dumped him or that he f**ked it all up again, and now his life is over. He actually got expelled from school this time (college). And I've been patient. I've not yelled at him. I've tried to be encouraging. I've not lost my temper...while on the phone with him. But I'm SO TIRED! I love him, but he does this about once or twice a year. I know he's got problems, and that some of it is a chemical imbalance and that he has no insurance to get help. But when he DOES get help, he doesn't like the meds, so stops taking them, or some other excuse. I'm just exhausted. But I also know I'm the ONLY person he has to talk to. At all! OK, sorry. Just had to get that out there. Thanks for "listening"
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Kerry - Shorts is one of our favorite brewpubs. We go there for lunch in the summer. It's about 90 min away from us. We can get all of the Bells beers and love visiting K-Zoo... We were just discussing whether or not we will be able to make it to the Yspi beer fest in July. Our summer seems to have filled up and it hasn't even started. My husband went to brewing school and worked in a brewpub for year back in 1999. That was heaven (*sighs*)... Computer work pays better and it's much healthier for us to just visit the pubs now... Let me know when you're coming through Northern MI and maybe we can meet for dinner at a brewpub...

Karen - that's so hard with your brother. I'm not sure how to answer but we will be here to hear you vent. Good luck. Sometimes you do have to put yourself first and step back from someone that causes you stress. Maybe acknowledging that what's done is done and ask how he plans to change for the future??? Good luck.

Amy - that just blows!!! Now you have an excuse to eat the cookie...

I'm going to start looking for a new kitten. DH has been pretty upset the last few days. Next week will be 1 year since our 5th cat passed on. He feels it's time to replace her... Anyone have a free kitten???
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    I'm still here, lurking. :happy:

(posting like this also lets me know where I stopped reading so I can easily find my last post and continue reading lol)
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone! While it was only 39 degrees here and frozed over, it is still gloriously sunny and blue skies outside! No rain is a good day and I get to spend an hour outside here soon tagging old nasty dirty transmissions. I will get grossly dirty and I don't care because I get to be in the sun!

Kerry and Victoria - Widmer Heff is my absolute all time FAV beer. But it has to be on tap, not out of a bottle. It does NOT taste the same at all!

Sarah - thats great you are doing a BL contest at work, its such a good way to stay motivated!

Annette - we all do that. Do great for a week and "reward" ourselves with food. At least you are recognizing what you did right?? You can't keep beating yourself up abuot it. Aknowledge it and move forward with a positive attitude. I find allowing myself to have one meal a week or so of something I really want (pizza, etc.) helps curb this sabotoging. It is only when I try to be too strict with food that I find myself doing that.

Amy - Gawd that blows about your car. LAME. Stay away from the cookies!

Karen - I understand how frustrating it is to deal with someone close to you who can't figure it out. Even if they can't because they flat out can't for medical reasons it gets very old. My 32 year old brother has drug and alcohol issues and has pretty much sucked my parents dry and he still doesn't get it. It is hard to watch so I stay away more than I should, I can't imagine having to hear about it all the time. I'm sorry that you, and he. has to go through all that pain.

Victoria - I love kittens. They are, aside from baby bunnies, hands down the cutest baby animal!

Kendal - glad to you see you lurk girl! LOL.

I've got some cramps today. I get them so rarely that I thought they were just an upset stomach...I suppose thats a good thing right?

I didn't work out last night. My husband is once again on the frindge with his job and it makes me stress hardcore. I kept my eating under control and decided that I couldn't worry about things that hadn't yet happened yet. I spend way too much time doing that. I need to live "in the moment" more. Its healthier for me that way.
  • Yocum1219
    Options
    I'm still here, lurking. :happy:

(posting like this also lets me know where I stopped reading so I can easily find my last post and continue reading lol)

I may have to try this on weekends! During work, I leave the page up & just refresh every so often! LOL!
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    [/quote
    not at all! we always welcome new people! tell us a bit about yourself.....age? relationship status? kids? pets? weightloss journey and goals? questions so far? we don't only talk about weight loss so if its on your mind, let it out!
    [/quote]

My name is Mary and I am a divorced mom of 2 kiddos. (14 year old girl and 11 year old boy). I was on an upward slide that started about 6 years ago when my marriage went south and in that time gained 74 lbs. (it makes me sick to think that I was gaining more than 10 lbs a year). I tried in short bursts to address it, but always seemed to fall off the wagon. Then in December after Christmas I just felt a sense of "now or never" and dove right in. I joined a gym, signed up for some personal training and found this website!! I have been going strong for almost 4 months. I think the difference this time is I am trying to take things nice and slow. I set a goal of 5 lbs a month and have exceeded that each month. But if I don't make it, I will keep working for the next goal. I am now back to where I was about 2 years ago, so I feel like I am peeling age of as well as weight. I love the focus of this group! it is really helpful to see people who are stuggling with the same issues I am and more importantly, get suggestions of how to get over them! Looking forward to "meeting" you all and celebrating everyone's successes.
  • Yocum1219
    Options
    Mary-welcome! I just found the group & website myself a few weeks ago! These ladies have been wonderful support for me! I think it takes that now or never attitude sometimes. My gain was about 10lbs a year since puberty, then a big 50lbs after having my first child. I would lose 10 here or there & always gain it back. I'm all about changing my life this time, not just losing weight! It seems you are too! Congrats on what you've attained thus far & good luck with what goals you have remaining! :o)
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Mary: HI there! Welcome to the group. We've got a lot of different ladies with different struggles but it always seems that if I have a question or a problem, someone around here has something helpful to say. I also feel like I'm peeling of age along with the weight. I'm not really that old (I'm 32) but I gained my weight due to some medical problems (I have fibromyalgia that was misdiagnosed and mistreated as spinal arthritis for 2 years) and some really horrible steroid medications. The worst part of that time period in my life was that I was under 30 but I felt like I was 90. I even had a handicapped parking placard (at 29 years old!). I still have occasional bouts of pain but it's nothing like it used to be. I feel like a "normal" person and I feel a LOT younger than 90.

Lacey & Karen: My younger brother also has drug/alcohol and mental health issues. Karen, your incident reminds me of the time that my bipolar and completely methed out brother threatened to burn the house down (with all of us inside it) because his girlfriend had dumped him and he didn't want to live without her. Thankfully, he is no longer on drugs but he still has some mental issues that are unmedicated. I have no idea what the best way to deal with the situation is. My mom enables him and caters to him and I mostly avoid him.

Victoria: I think you should get your hubby a kitty. It sounds like he needs one.

BTW, I did succumb to some cookies. I stress eat like a mo-fo. But it fit into my calories for the day. <sigh>
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Amy - my mom and dad sound the exact same way. My brother has been selling drugs for YEARS and doing them and alcohol. He's lived with them for about three years this time off and on...and the thing when we were down there two weekends ago was how hard of a time he's having with his divorce. That happened two plus years ago now. I could go on and on and on. And on.
    Karen - I have no idea how to handle it either, so I've learned to keep my trap shut to my mom about him. He and I have never been close so I too avoid him. It would be hard to be the only one that he can talk to. Most days I'm thankful to live away from them. And thats sad.

Amy, it fit into your cal goals. Don't sweat the cookies girl. *kitten* happens.

Welcome Mary!!
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I am still here!! The weather over here has been rainy and cold..so I feel like I am in hibernation mode. Hope it gets nice this Easter weekend so that I can go and try to hike again. Gained 2 pounds this last week so totally need to get back on track!! How is everyone else doing? Hope all is well.

Andrea
  • Yocum1219
    Options
    Lacey & Amy- Thanks so much for all of your support! It's nice to know I'm not alone. He IS bi-polar, and another Dr said he had borderline personality disorder w/narcisissitc (sp) tendencies. And my dad & stepmom do give in a lot of the time, and enable him by covering for him when he messes up. Now they say they're too old to deal with it & don't know what to do with him. He's 26 yrs old & living at home. He's been through boot camp & is a trained EMT. His degree he was working on was for Biotechnology. He was hoping to go into pharmeceuticals & find some type of cure for cancer. This is what makes me the angriest at him, I think. He's SO SMART, and yet so very stupid all at the same time! He just can't deal with disappointment & rejection in any form. And he calls me to "fix it" or make him feel better, then when I don't say or do what he wants...he hangs up on me, or curses at me. I think a lot of that stress comes out in food for me. Or it used to. I think now that I have other ways to deal with it, it's part of why the weight is starting to come off.

And just for fun, the soccer practice that got moved to tomorrow is back on, so musical people while I run the hubby & 7yr old to Scouts & grab something to eat for myself & 2yr old & take the 9yr old to soccer! LOVE having 1 car, really!! (NOT!!!!)
  • hkallembach
    hkallembach Posts: 485
    Options
    I've been reading everyone's posts! Yay! :) I'll reply to all later.

Quick note tomorrow I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT WITH A PERSONAL TRAINER!!!! *crossing my fingers* I am to young to die, I don't want to die *crossing my fingers* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDD I just completed my food diary for the day and it said "if every day were like today...you'd weigh 244.9 lbs in 5 weeks*" yes, I know it's only based on my actual net calories for today BUT STILL I'M SO HAPPY THAT'S LIKE 17 POUND DROP if I'd continue having net calories like today! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Check in for today: Food 1624/Exercise 419 (urgh, I still need to save $ for that bodybugggggg!)/Net 1205/Remaining 845<
    IT'S BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE I'VE SEEN THAT NUMBER FOR CALORIES REMAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All right, I'm all better. Sorry, nobody knows how I'm feeling right now (on top of the world in terms of weight loss) besides ya'll!

Hope ya'll are doing well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Go Hailie! Go Hailie! I love that feeling too!

I am pretty sure that my BMF has "leveled" itself out if you will. I've read that from other people where it took a few weeks to do that for them...well I notice now that I get the same readings on my leg and arm. Thats good. I much prefer it on my leg. So I'm no longer in the 12 cal range per minute when I walk back and forth between the warehouses at work...its right around 7-9 like on my arm. Thats good. Yeay

Tom is starting...lame. I haven't stepped on the scale since Monday so I will see how its treating me tomorrow morning and then probably not again for another few days.