Lose 5 Pounds A Month April 2011 Challenge

Options

Replies

• Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    myfitnesspal friends I need some advice. WARNING ...Not About Weightloss

I just got a new weekend job and Im going to quit my monday/tuesday job ... the question is when should I quit? I still have some training that is required and im schedualed to do itthe first tuesday and thursday in may so untill its done im suspended for that week and then after its done I can work the following monday again

So if I just tell her now that I will quit at the end of this month that only gives her a week but i know some employees that wouldn't mind more hours. OR if I quit at the end of the month i will end up doing paid training and turning around a week later to put in my two weeks...

Should I quit now before they have wasted efforts in training me but only give them a week where i would still be working for them
    OR should I quit at the end of may and I can put in a propper two weeks notice But they would have paid me for training and covered my shifts in order to send me to that training? What would you do?

I would let your boss know that you are needing to quit and ask him/her what they would rather. It shows respect that you are wanting to do the right thing and they will understand and appreciate that you are trying to do what is better for the company. My personal opinion would be to let them know you wont need the training and then cover for the other folks who are training and then you are able to skip it but also put in the two week. But I do think your boss will like the honesty and flexibility.
    :flowerforyou:
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    JENN
    Glad to see you anytime you post. Sorry that you are having a hard time these days. What can i do to lighten your spirit? good for you taking the walks. Nothing better to relieve a little stress. Walk it off.
    Hope all is going better for you soon. Phyljen:wink:

Thank you my friend, walking helps me a lot. I am better able to think things through and clear my head. :smile:
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    myfitnesspal friends I need some advice. WARNING ...Not About Weightloss

I just got a new weekend job and Im going to quit my monday/tuesday job ... the question is when should I quit? I still have some training that is required and im schedualed to do itthe first tuesday and thursday in may so untill its done im suspended for that week and then after its done I can work the following monday again

So if I just tell her now that I will quit at the end of this month that only gives her a week but i know some employees that wouldn't mind more hours. OR if I quit at the end of the month i will end up doing paid training and turning around a week later to put in my two weeks...

Should I quit now before they have wasted efforts in training me but only give them a week where i would still be working for them
    OR should I quit at the end of may and I can put in a propper two weeks notice But they would have paid me for training and covered my shifts in order to send me to that training? What would you do?

I would let your boss know that you are needing to quit and ask him/her what they would rather. It shows respect that you are wanting to do the right thing and they will understand and appreciate that you are trying to do what is better for the company. My personal opinion would be to let them know you wont need the training and then cover for the other folks who are training and then you are able to skip it but also put in the two week. But I do think your boss will like the honesty and flexibility.
    :flowerforyou:

Thank you so much, giving my boss the ability to choose has bee the best suggestion so im going to go talk to her and let her help me decide. Im so nervous but keeping that job just isn't what is right for my family at this time
  • nanberube
    nanberube Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Okay - I'm in. I only loss 2 pounds in March, so the focus will be good for me. Starting weight 207#. Good luck to everyone and will b e looking forward to the weekly posts.

4/1/11 - 207
    4/8/11 - 205.4
    4/15/11 - 204
    4/22/11 - 203.2
    4/29/11 -
    1.2 pounds to lose by the end of the month to make the 5 goal. I can do this!!
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    April 1: 225
    April 8: 222
    April 15 : 218
    April 22: 214
    Down 4 lbs

This weekend will be a struggle for me. I have quite a few family get togethers with lots of food. Can I stayed focused enough to avoid unhealthy snacking? Will this fear every go away or will I always need to plan out my eating no matter what I do or where I go? {{sigh}}

Anyways, I hope everyone has a Good Friday & Happy Easter weekend!
  • aab1
    Options
    4/1/11 - 207
    4/8/11 - 205.4
    4/15/11 - 204
    4/22/11 - 203.2
    4/29/11 -
    1.2 pounds to lose by the end of the month to make the 5 goal. I can do this!!

@Nanberube - You can DO this! You CAN do this!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • sek92
    sek92 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
  • stephcorona
    stephcorona Posts: 114 Member
    Options
  • dnpamorgan
    dnpamorgan Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Weight is the same as last week...141.6 Pretty happy with that since I havent' been eating very well this week and was on vacation last weekend! Going to kick butt for next week. I have 2 pounds to lose to reach the 5 pounds in April. I know I can do it!!
  • emariec78
    emariec78 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    161, same as last week. I completely fell off the healthy wagon yesterday and I'm pretty sure I completely self sabotaged this weeks weigh in. Well, maybe this way next week will be a really good number :ohwell:
  • AJsMOM83
    AJsMOM83 Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm in!! :)

Just weighed myself right now.

193lbs.

188lbs, I'm coming for ya!!!

04/08/11 weigh in: 190lbs!!! YAY!! This definitely motivated me for the weekend, which are the hardest for me to eat healthy.

04/15/11 weigh in: 188lbs BABY!!!!!!! :heart:

I met my goal in just two short weeks by sticking to my guns: eating healthy (yet allowing myself ONE cheat meal on Sundays so I dont go stir-crazy) and continuing with the C25K workout. I changed it up a little bit last night, and instead of doing one workout, I did two back-to-back. I think Friday weigh-ins are the best! They help motivate me for the weekends. I can't wait to see how far I will go the rest of the month! Good luck to you all!! :)

4/22/11 weigh in: 190lbs :sad: I'm not gonna lie, I'm waaaay bummed. BUT, I'm NOT going to let this discourage me. I know I'm making progress, and thats all that matters. Besides, April isn't over YET! A lot can happen in 9 days! :heart:
    Good Luck to you all!! :wink:
  • labgirl3
    labgirl3 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Well, it appears I'm stuck again! Pretty sure I'm not going to make it to my goal at this point unless a miracle happens. I am fitting in 10s pretty well though, so at least there's that victory!

Goal weight on April 30th: 164

04/01: 170.6
    04/08: 170.6
    04/15: 168.2
    04/22: 168.4
    04/30:
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Down one whole pound! Oh well, met my 5lbs for the month, cant complain! =]
  • nanberube
    nanberube Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Good job people. I love reading the progress. Even if you have gained this week, everyone is down from starting weight. Have a good w/e and Happy Easter.
  • Hannahrenee86
    Options
    04/01: 176
    04/08: 174.0 (-2lbs)
    04/15: 173.0 (-1lb)
    04/22: 172.0 (-1lb)
    04/30:

Goal: 170lbs
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the challenge. I started off 174 lbs on April1st. I am 167.3 today April 22nd. I know we still have more April, but Im happy I lost 6 lbs.
  • lloydmel
    lloydmel Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'd love to be down 40 pounds by Christmas :)
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    April 2nd - 138lbs
    April 9th - 138lbs
    April 16th - 136.9lbs
    April 23rd - 137.6lbs :sad:
    Had a bad week and now I am paying for it. Not sure really why I gained since even though I went over I never went over maintenance. Could be water weight but it is enough motivation....hopefully to get back into the swing of things.
  • ysamatar
    ysamatar Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I'm in. My starting weight is 179.8. I Will post my weight again on Saturday.

4/2__178.8
    4/9___176.4
    4/16 __174.8
    4/23 __174.0
    4/30

4/23: Lost .8
  • aab1
    Options
    Wishing everyone a Happy Easter! Enjoy the day!