SLIMSTERS (Closed Group)

Options
13»

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Hey, grrr, I feel like the weight is not going to come off this week...in fact, I'm going the wrong way...hopefully, tomorrow I will be able to flush it out somehow...water, water, water...I'll even take breaking even

*fingers crossed*

I worked my butt off last night and tonight...I claim 200 calories for a shift...but, I bet it's a lot more than that...:grumble:

Sara, hope you had a nice time out with hubs...
    Lindsey, how was your run? Did you burn all your calories?
  • nisijam5
    Options
    double
  • nisijam5
    Options
    C'mon SLIMSTERS....it's our final day to push for a big loss....water, water, water until the kidneys are floating
  • runner915
    runner915 Posts: 106
    Options
    How are you guys doing this week? I am trying to work my butt off since I have to weigh-in in a little over a day. :/ I am a little nervous about it. I am hoping to be down at least a pound from Monday.

We cannot lose anymore teammates this week!
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Hello Slimsters! I'm back! How is everyone doing?
  • HeatherShrinking
    Options
    So I guess we're a quiet group!
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Hey Slimsters! Not much to report here - kind of a crappy week for me....we've had some kind of sickness here and currently Redmond and I have it. So, mommy is getting no sleep since Redmond isn't sleeping. Hoping it passes quickly.....I've got a ton of things to do this week - we're leaving Sunday for three weeks :ohwell:
  • HeatherShrinking
    Options
    Hope your week gets better McFatterton. Where are you going?

Well, I worked out like a crazy person yesterday (at least for me) and burned over 1000 calories! I had to struggle just to get my net calories to 1200. Weighed myself this morning and I"m down.... I'm down a lot, at least for me -0.7. Whoohoo!!
  • HeatherShrinking
    Options
    Have you seen the http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/113190-help-i-ve-lost-my-cat tread? It matches weight lost to funny items. As of this morning I have lost a cinderblock, aiming to lose the average leg soon! :laugh:
  • healthymomwannabe
    healthymomwannabe Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    It's 11:39 pm, and I'm STARVING!!! I'm super-craving a big bowl of cereal. But I'm trying to just keep drinking my water instead. Maybe I should just go to bed, to sleep off the hunger. Grrrr....
  • McFatterton
    Options
    Have you seen the http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/113190-help-i-ve-lost-my-cat tread? It matches weight lost to funny items. As of this morning I have lost a cinderblock, aiming to lose the average leg soon! :laugh:

That's hilarious! I've lost a 3 gallon tub of ice cream :laugh: mmmm.......ice cream.......

Still feeling under the weather - hubby took a sick day today to help take care of our 5 month old.

To answer your question Heather, we're going to Maryland (we live in Michigan). My husband's company is located in both states and he manages people in both places. So, starting next week we'll be spending half our time there and half our time here. It'll be an adventure, that's for sure!
  • healthymomwannabe
    Options
    Wow, half one place and half another place? That's quite a big life! Good luck with that.

So, I just realized that our next weigh-in is the DAY AFTER EASTER!! As in, the day after a HUGE amount of food! Our family is going to a buffet, and all the food there is SOOOOOO good. OMG, what am I going to do?? AAAAHH!!! :sick:
  • McFatterton
    Options
    So, I just realized that our next weigh-in is the DAY AFTER EASTER!! As in, the day after a HUGE amount of food! Our family is going to a buffet, and all the food there is SOOOOOO good. OMG, what am I going to do?? AAAAHH!!! :sick:

We'll be spending most of the day in the car.....we are making a pit stop at my Grandparents house but will most likely beat the crowd and all of the food (my family is huge - my mom has 10 siblings and all holidays are a carry-in). So, even though we won't be eating an Easter dinner, we will be eating on the road. So, not only is Easter Sunday, but my birthday is Saturday.....and my friend brought over my bday presents last night and was sure to include a bunch of chocolate and candy! She KNOWS that I'm trying not to eat this stuff.....and of course, it's my favorites :grumble:
  • healthymomwannabe
    Options
    Grrrrr..... nice friend - ha! This is soooooo going to be hard to do this weekend. Have a very happy birthday, though! :flowerforyou:
  • McFatterton
    Options
    Grrrrr..... nice friend - ha! This is soooooo going to be hard to do this weekend. Have a very happy birthday, though! :flowerforyou:

I admit - I'm pretty p!ssed off that she did that - she knows that I'm trying to lose weight and I have to constantly tell her to NOT bring me sweets - apparently she forgot :ohwell:
  • HeatherShrinking
    Options
    Have a great Birthday this weekend!

I think I'm the only freak that likes our weigh in is right after Easter. It will keep me (at least somewhat) from going all crazy at Easter. Our family does buffet style too. I'm bringing all the juices. The latest addition to the buffet, my cousin and her daughter are bring sausage and syrup... yep, sausage and syrup. Eww. Pre-MFP, I would have been "Oh Yum!" but now it just sounds like a nightmare. I just found out my gym is closed on Sunday, so I'll have to work out extra hard on Saturday.

We can do this! Just drink tons of water and don't go crazy and we will be just fine!
  • healthymomwannabe
    Options
    Hello, Slimsters!! Here's to wishing everyone a HEALTHY weekend! Just remember, the holiday food may taste amazing as it enters your mouth, BUT it'll be DISGUSTING realizing how much you need to work out to burn it off. Stay in control - don't let the yummy food control you! Good luck this weekend, everyone. And, Happy Easter!

Connie
  • HeatherShrinking
    Options
    We Won! We Won! We Won!!!!!!!!!!!
  • HeatherShrinking
    Options
    Wow I really needed the immunity last night. Very grateful I won it. I visited my dad at the hospice center and it was just a rough night. So after I went out with a friend. Happy to say I only at about 1/8 of our Mexican appetizer sampler (compared to the 1/2 I'd previously do), but the cheap 32 oz beer and 32 oz margarita I couldn't resist. I'm up 1.1 pound this morning. Sad I'm back in the 240's today. Hopefully most of it is just sodium.

How is your guy's weeks going so far?
  • McFatterton
    Options
    Heather - sorry to hear of your rough night - but glad you got to go out and enjoy yourself! Isn't it amazing how our eating habits change? The quantity of food I actually consume now is so much smaller than what it used to be - I'm so grossed out by how much I used to eat! Chug-a-lug that water girl! :drinker:

My week is going good considering I'm living in a hotel with no kitchen or gym. I'm taking Oliver (my dog) and Redmond (my 5 month old) for at least 2 walks a day and just trying to make good decisions with what I'm eating. The big problem is that there are so many GOOD restaurants here that we don't have back at home and I'm usually estimating my calories. I'm staying under without a problem, but am not getting as many veggies as I should be. I've successfully passed up the complimentary waffles, danishes and muffins that the hotel offers each morning. We'll be in our house out here by the weekend, so I'll have a kitchen again soon. And, they have an organic grocery store (I think it's similar to Whole Foods) that I can't wait to go spend lots of money at!!!

Hope you're all having a good week!