Cell Phones

Options
1235»

Replies

• tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    it is illegal here, no idea why you are allowed to do it in the states. It is as bad a drink driving, they have tests that prove it.

I wish it was illegal here! Some states are starting to pass laws but I live in Texas...we'll probably be the last one to have any laws passed regarding this :grumble:

The best we have right now is, you can't drive in a school zone while on your cell phone. Which is GREAT but if it is recognized that it is dangerous and you want to protect the children...what about the children riding around in other vehicles on the road??
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Had to post this gem I found in an old paper - the Motorola Classic circa 1991!

motorolaclassic1991.jpg
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you RD. I was on a first date a couple weeks ago and his pulled his phone out to check a text... did that a couple times on the date, and seemed to get really anxious when he would hear mine go off and I didn't pull it out to check it :laugh: I just found it soo funny how he would point out that mine had beeped, he was more interested in what it was than I was. I carry mine always, but there is definately a time and a place for it.
  • JohnnyNull
    JohnnyNull Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend doesn't have a cell phone so I rarely bring mine when we're out unless we plan on meeting up with people. We also don't have internet or TV - WE ACTUALLY TALK AND HANG OUT WITH EACH OTHER! :flowerforyou:

Kudos to you! Lostsunset and I have eaten dinner together outside, lay down next to each other, and lamented about all the TV we're "missing".