Anyone just starting C25K?

Options
124»

Replies

• MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I downloaded the C25K app for Iphone yesterday and I got up this morning and did my first run... 2.25 miles during the event. I felt good and was dripping wet and burned 364 calories! I hope that this program works because I would love to go running with my hubby ... he is a machine!

Have a great day everyone!
  • kaitlinrc
    kaitlinrc Posts: 24
    Options
    Week 4 day 2 yesterday. Those 5 minutes portions are really hard, but doable. They kind of surprise you if you aren't thinking about it. We are going to run again today if are legs aren't too sore from yesterday. how is everyone else doing?
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I am on week 2 day 2 and looking forward to it. I did a jog/ fast paced walk at lunch and was pleased with it but I couldn't do the actual C25K because I didn't have hubby's phone with me. I am going to download it on my bb tonight so I can do it at lunch. I tried to time it but I did not have a stop watch and was running 2 minutes at a time... and I just kept losing track - I really depend on the "beep" in my ear to prompt me.

Hope everyone is doing well...
  • kaitlinrc
    kaitlinrc Posts: 24
    Options
    Week 6 day 1 yesterday! Only 3 weeks to go! How is everyone doing> Any one do the first 20 minute run? I wasn't expecting it but it was fun!
  • DoReMiFaSoLaTiDo
    Options
    Ive basically started over... but Im working with a group now... my 1st 5K is in June
  • AquaAura
    AquaAura Posts: 105
    Options
    I just completed wek one of the c25k .. hated day one it was just a reminder of how unfit I have become but by workout 3 I was feeling so much better and looking forward to getting into week two !!
  • Lindsayrob
    Lindsayrob Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Mind if I join in? I'm due to run the final day of week 3 tomorrow. I found w3 d2 tough, but probably because I usually run first thing and yesterday had to run in the evening.
    I'm finding the final 3 min walk followed by the 5 min cooldown a bit dull, so I try to put another couple of 1 min runs in there somewhere.
    I'm not looking forward to w4 - dreading the 5 min runs!
    I'm running on a treadmill at the moment as I have asthma and my house is surrounded by fields of rapeseed - not a great combo, but I'm looking forward to getting outside in a few weeks.
    If anyone is at the same stage as me, feel free to add me as a friend, I could do with a running buddy!
    Lindsay
  • AquaAura
    AquaAura Posts: 105
    Options
    I was just looking ahead on the programme and had those exact same thoughts lol