What is your favorite Laughing Cow Cheese recipe?

Options

Replies

• krazeestraw
    krazeestraw Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    How do I get to the Recipe database? I see where it says recipes, but all I see when I click it is to put in my own recipe.What am I missing?

AND....I"ve not been able to find Laughing Cow Cheese at Walmart. Does anyone buy it at Walmart? Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place...is it with the cheeses?
  • Sandbug
    Sandbug Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    At our Walmart the Laughing Cow Cheese is located in the Deli/Bakery department. In a case with pre-made subs.
  • Ninnette
    Options
    Creamy shrimp and veggies

Just made this today: Quick and simple - this is for one serving.

Sauté 3 oz /about 11 pre-cooked tail off shrimp with light cooking spray, sprinkle seasoning of choice, I added garlic lemon powder. Add 1.5 oz shredded carrots and 1 small tomato diced up (about 3 oz,) then when it's all warm and mixed add one wedge of laughing cow creamy swiss cheese and melt it in. Once it's all mixed and heated through, serve over 3/4 cup steamed rice. Total for this single serving is 286 calories (you can decrease this to 236 if you use 1/2 cup of rice or to 136 if you eat it without rice but I don't think it would be as filling.)
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Sandbug. I have seen some kinds of cheeses in there with the subs....I will look there!!!!
  • armacd
    armacd Posts: 95
    Options
    Yum! I can't wait to try some of these :)
  • Run4UrHealth
    Run4UrHealth Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I tried to melt a wedge over my broccoli last night and it would not melt. I even stuck my broccoli in the microwave with the cheese on it and it still would not melt.
  • izzy02
    izzy02 Posts: 23
    Options
    great ideas!!! Thanks!
  • EthanJeremiahsMama
    EthanJeremiahsMama Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • lalalazzz
    lalalazzz Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I made alfredo sauce last night it was SO good-

3 light swiss LC wedges
    1/2 cup skim milk
    1 Tbsp parmesan cheese
    1 Tbsp balade (light butter)

melt it all in a pan and viola

serves 2
    250 cals for whole recipe, 125 per serving

if you use shiritake noodles like I did.... for another 40 cals, it's only 165 for a huge plate of fettucine alfredo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • karistrickler
    karistrickler Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Bump
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    ya know those bread stick or pretzel and cheese combo packs you loved when you were kids (or your kids loved).? I have a serving (about 7) of Snyders multi-grain pretzel sticks with one wedge of laughing cow cheese for a snack. Its the yummy, better for you, grown up version!
    YES YES YES!!!! I LOVE THIS AS A SNACK!
  • JL3mom
    JL3mom Posts: 48
    Options
    bump! Sounds so yummy!
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • Sugs94
    Sugs94 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I take a wedge of Garlic and Herb and 2 oz. of Jennie O Turkey Pastrami - and add baby spinach and some chopped tomatoes - spread each slice of pastrami with a little of the cheese, top with spinach and tomatoes and roll up. YUM! Great lunchtime finger food. Makes you feel like you're eating more without eating any bread!
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Wow, I thought I was doing good putting Laughing Cow on a Wasa, LOL. I can't wait to try some of these recipes. Thanks!
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Love this website for turning me on to these blessed wedges. :)

I love tomato and mozzerella salad, but fresh full fat mootz is a calorie bomb. Substituted the fresh for spreading a wedge of French Onion flavor with a baslamic reduction. Delicious and filling!
  • MissMom3
    MissMom3 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Bump, thanks guys!
  • missoularocks
    missoularocks Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that recipe! I am definitely going to make that once I finish my laughing cow off. :)