What is your favorite Laughing Cow Cheese recipe?

Options

Replies

• TammyK1000
    TammyK1000 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Check out Hungry Girl recipes! She uses it for tons of really good meals! I love stuffing chicken with it -YUM!
  • lauralou23
    Options
    I was just asking this the other day to some people! Your recipe sounds delicious and now I want to try it out!

hungrygirl.com gives some great recipes using laughing cow.

Just found Hungrygirl.com the other day! How did I not know about this!? Love the ideas!

They have one that you can spread Laughing Cow over an ear of corn, wrap it in foil, and grill for 15 minutes. Can you say YUMMY!?
  • ICan1010
    ICan1010 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    bump - trying mashed cauliflower with laughing cow tonight!
  • Nikki_Gets_Fit
    Nikki_Gets_Fit Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!
  • lulupallooza
    lulupallooza Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    :-) Thanks for asking about what "Bump" is - and thanks to those who responded and explained! :-)
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I've finally tried their little wax cheeses-- pretty good and conveient.

Aren't they overpriced, though? Couldnt you buy twice the non-fat cream cheese or brick cheese for half the price? Or am I missing something?
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options

Aren't they overpriced, though? Couldnt you buy twice the non-fat cream cheese or brick cheese for half the price? Or am I missing something?

I buy mine at Sam's club... I've never tried the mini baby bell's in wax but the wedges are only roughly $6 for 3 packages... less than half the price if you buy them in a regular grocery store for the same amount... do you have a Sam's or a costco near by?
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options

I buy mine at Sam's club... I've never tried the mini baby bell's in wax but the wedges are only roughly $6 for 3 packages... less than half the price if you buy them in a regular grocery store for the same amount... do you have a Sam's or a costco near by?

I think I was just looking in the wrong store. The first one I looked in was 1 for $4, but I found it today 2 for $5. I'm sure when I go to my local big box store I'll get an even better price. Thanks!
  • erh20000plus
    erh20000plus Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Bump! :love:
  • insanely
    insanely Posts: 19
    Options
    bump
  • insanely
    Options
    Help if i want to save this whole section , as gone through like six pages already and seen so many amazing ideas and recipes, how would i do this, as i am terrible at the computer.

THANKS
  • cjcarson87
    Options
    bump!
  • insanely
    Options
    BUMP
  • misslicious
    Options
    This is an amazing idea and a quick snack bc Im a snacker and like to do things quick with working evenings. Thank u so much for posting!!!:wink:
  • Monika135
    Options
    bumpity bump!
  • misslicious
    Options
    Do they make a bleu cheese one? That qould be amazing and I think my favorite so far is the sun-dried tomato one!!:noway:
  • Sandbug
    Sandbug Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Yes, they do make a blue Cheese. I am not fond of Blue Cheese but I must say it is very good.

I make a low cal/fat version of slider burgers and cut up one wedge into 4 pieces and put it into the center of the burger. With the other ingredients in the burgers I thought the queso would be better but was out of it. My daughter suggested the Blue Cheese and oh my it was very good in this recipe and will use it.

I like the Light Swiss mixed in hot steamy veggies makes them more creamy. I also use the Swiss in place of cream cheese. I like the wedges, keeps me in check for portion control.
  • k8es
    k8es Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Just had this tonight and was delicious!

1 tsp Olive oil
    1 tsp mince garlic
    4oz Shrimp
    1 Cup Broccoli
    a shot of white wine (about an oz)
    1 wedge of Garlic Herb Laughing Cow

Saute the garlic in the olive oil, then add wine, then add shrimp then add broccoli then add laughing cow and enjoy (under 200 calories)
    I served over whole wheat pasta
  • jenrod1118
    jenrod1118 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Bump - I have never thought about cooking with laughing cow. I feel like I just won the lottery with this...I love cheese!
  • kelbel76
    kelbel76 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump. Great ideas everyone!