What is your favorite Laughing Cow Cheese recipe?

Options

Replies

• tlaltman
    tlaltman Posts: 32
    Options
    Laughing Cow is great but it's still a manufactured food product - meaning that it's filled with lots of weird ingredients that I'm not so sure I want to be putting in my body (at least not in large quantities). Anyhow, I LOVED Laughing Cow but cut out all processed foods. What's a girl to do? Make your own!

Okay, I promise it's not that hard, in fact it's super easy (two ingredients). See below:

Step 1: Mix 16 ounces of plain Non-Fat Greek Yogurt with 1/2 tsp salt (or less, if desired). IMPORTANT: Make sure your yogurt doesn't include gelatin or stabilizers - the ingredients should just be milk and active cultures. Chobani brand works extraordinarily well.
    Step 2: Drop mixture into a cheesecloth. Collect the corners of the cheesecloth and hang over a bowl in the fridge so that they whey (watery mixture) can drip out
    Step 3: Allow to sit for 24 hours, or until desired dryness is achieved. It will yield approximately 11 ounces. (And only has 25.5 calories per ounce!)
    Step 4: Enjoy!
    This "cheese" (actually called labneh, with origins in the Middle East) has the slight tang of the yogurt, and the texture of goat cheese (SOO much better than those processed wedges!). Personalize to your tastes by adding herbs and spices. Tonight I added dill and a pinch chile verde sea salt and spread it on tomatoes, it works well as a dip for veggies, spread for sandwiches and it also melts beautifully.

Enjoy!

Oh thank you so much! And I just learned how to make my own yogurt so this is perfect!
  • JTThomas
    JTThomas Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I thinly slice zucchini into long strips, grill, and then take a dab of LC cheese, roll it up to make zucchini pinwheels. Yummy! I've also added a little bit of sugar or Splenda to LC cheese to make a mini "cheesecake"
  • bullheaded
    bullheaded Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Bump, thanks!
  • savvynurse
    savvynurse Posts: 292
    Options
    This page has been awesome!!! I love all the new ideas. I have done the HG Chicken cordon blue.... YUM. Matter of fact just might do that tomorrow night come to think of it
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Just discovered this stuff. It's cracktastic!!
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    ya know those bread stick or pretzel and cheese combo packs you loved when you were kids (or your kids loved).? I have a serving (about 7) of Snyders multi-grain pretzel sticks with one wedge of laughing cow cheese for a snack. Its the yummy, better for you, grown up version!

mouth watering:)) trying this:))
  • EMc4452
    EMc4452 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I make cucumber sandwiches for lunch with laughing cow cheese.

Spread one cheese wedge of any flavor on an Arnold whole wheat bread thin. Add sliced cucumber and chopped fresh dill. Nice sandwich for only around 170 calories.
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Just found this on their website.

Taco Burgers

All the Flavor of a Taco, all the yum of a burger but none of the guilt!

Ingredients
    •1 pound Lean Ground Beef (Like Laura's Lean)
    •4 dashes Taco Seasoning
    •4 pieces Sandwich Flats (Like Arnold's Buns)
    •2 wedges The Laughing Cow Light Queso Fresco & Chipotle
    Preparation
    Mix taco seasoning into ground beef and make 4 patties. Grill.

While these are grilling, toast 4 Sandwich flats. (For best result take the bun and flip so the insides are facing out, and put both pieces in one side of the toaster. That way the inside is crispy but they don’t get over-done).

Spread 1/2 The Laughing Cow cheese wedge onto each sandwich. Drain hamburger patty. Add lettuce and diced onion to taste. No mayo or other sandwich spread needed – The Laughing Cow gives it all the creamy texture you could want.
  • mona24523
    mona24523 Posts: 100
    Options
    Bump
  • ejohnsonyogi
    ejohnsonyogi Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Bump! This is great!
  • Lisita1971
    Lisita1971 Posts: 12
    Options
    bump
  • maccabeth
    maccabeth Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I never thought about cooking with LCC! I always just eat it with crackers! I can't wait to try some of these! Thanks for all the fantastic ideas. :smile:
  • Mandakat17
    Mandakat17 Posts: 105
    Options
    bump
  • LindseyC87
    LindseyC87 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Right now I have a stuffed chicken breast in the oven. I stuffed it with Spinach and laughing cow cheese.
  • ElizabethRN59
    ElizabethRN59 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!!!

Thanks all! so exicted to try some of these recipes!
  • Ante_Up
    Ante_Up Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I've noticed Laughing Cow cheeses in other peoples diaries, but have yet to buy some. After reading this thread, I've asked hubby to pick some up on his way home from work tomorrow. I can't wait to try it!
  • TNH76
    TNH76 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    great posts!
  • RedL1988
    RedL1988 Posts: 55
    Options
    BUMP
  • Jillong
    Jillong Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately here in the UK, our Laughing Cow flavours are pretty limited ... I thought I was doing well to find an Onion flavour the other day!

Your recipe sounds delicious :love:
  • navajoon
    navajoon Posts: 355
    Options
    And to think, I only use it to spread on wasa crackers or as a mayo substitute in sandwiches...