WOMEN AGES 50+ for April

Options
barbiecat
barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
hellofriends.gif
Hello to all my long time friends on this thread as well as the newer ones and the new ones that we will meet this month.

March was a great month for me. I made new friends on this thread, saw the return of friends who haven’t been around for awhile, and built stronger relationships with friends who have been around for awhile.

This is a great place for support and encouragement…….even though the name is Women ages 50+ we welcome all women to share with us.

How did you do with your goals for March? What goals do you have planned for April?

Some of us set goals for the whole month, some set short term goals. Some of us set weight loss goals and others set goals for new behaviors and attitudes.

It’s a new page on the calendar and a new opportunity to change your life………let’s go.
smiley-bounce016.gif

PS……I like the suggestion of putting your birthday in your signature so we can all remember to wish each other Happy Birthday

Replies

• Bmorrow
    Bmorrow Posts: 169
    Options
    Hey barbie...I love your quote, it's going on my refriger..oops sorry about this
  • Bmorrow
    Bmorrow Posts: 169
    Options
    Hey barbie...I love your quote, it's going on my refrigerator with other great quotes I've found on MFP. My goal for April is to keep doing what I'm doing and to apply my new quote to midnight munchies!
  • peepocheck
    peepocheck Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hey, now this is a site I can go with although I'm officially 60 now. Advantages to being 60 are:
    1. where I work I now am elligible to retire so I never have to apply for a job again.
    2. many many free or near free things for older folks like me and the ole man (ha ha)
    3. who cares ...for I know for sure I'll never try on a bikini again...( oh the horrors for my grandson)
    4. don't mind being known as "crazy" ... in fact, I intend to have it put on a tee shirt!

All joking aside.....good luck all on your weight loss goals. I'm 6 lbs. away from mine.
    No more prediabetes......no more backache from carrying around an extra 30 lbs. ......no more having my
    36 year old son telling me "Mama, for heaven's sake...stop blaming it on being pregnant with me". Rode that one too long!
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    bump :flowerforyou:
  • grabbit97
    grabbit97 Posts: 445
    Options
    Well, went to the doctor, cardio guy, he wants me to do a holter monitor (attached to me for 24 hours), a stress test, and a echocardiogram. He thinks its probably benign, nothing to worry about, but wants to be sure... good guy..
    Well, I ate all my food, 1210 out of 1270 plus the exercise points, will weigh MONDAY, and see if after FOUR weeks, I have lost something... so far NO.... I continue to exercise by riding my bike 30 min a day, and tomorrow I will do some weights..
    Thoughts?????
    Natalie
  • leannie
    leannie Posts: 6
    Options
    It is nice to see the support this site provides for all ages. I hope you all have a great April! We are moving mid-April so it will be crazy but I am determined to stay with healthy eating and lots of physical activity. :flowerforyou:
  • Gramma5
    Gramma5 Posts: 15
    Options
    Not quite April here yet ... an hour to go yet ! I am excited for April to get here as it will bring the last of our deep snowbanks ( I hope ! ) and icy roads so I can get out a do some walking ! Winter has been very long here this year with too much snow ( 4' in our yard 2 weeks ago ... and that wasn't the snowbanks ! ) , too many cold days and many gloomy days ! strange for this country as usually we have sun and cold together not cloudy and cold ! Weather is warming up though ! Time to start digging out the supplies that have to get put into the RV around the end of the month ! Have to get it home first though .... that is a lot of exercise as we park it across the road in the neighbour's driveway so that means a lot of trips up and down our driveway ( steep ) .
    I am setting myself a goal for April to actually get out and move more ..... step away from my craft table ( I love making cards but spend far too much time and money on them ! ) ... breath the frsh air and get my eating habits under better control !!! Looking forward to seeing what the month brings !!!
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Good morning Sneakers. I'll start by saying that none of us is an April Fool because we are all walking the walk and doing something about our fitness and weight issues:love: . I'm not sure I'd have had such a good March if I hadn't found you lot but once I read everyone's posts I couldn't help but be inspired, AND we have a good laugh along the way which is brilliant. I weighed in this morning to discover another pound has quietly slipped away so there's my motivation for April. More of the same for me and that's walking, swimming, gardening and laughing.:laugh: :laugh:

Natalie ~ You hang in there. I went through a similar start with my weight, in fact I even gained a pound at one point. It's taken 5 weeks for things to settle down and I'm now averaging a pound loss a week. My initial intention was to lose 2 lbs a month so am delighted with the current progress. I'll quote the great advice given to me on this thread to stop being fixated with weigh scales and only get on them once a month. You'll know instinctively when your body begins to go in the right direction.

A healthy April to everyone.

Jackie:flowerforyou:
  • lindaj07
    lindaj07 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I got into the March page a bit late but I'm starting early this time. My walking goal has gone up from 35 miles to 45 this month, maybe a bit ambitious but the days are longer now and I feel I need to push myself a bit. I'm also thinking of going swimming maybe twice a week or so, will see how that goes. Off to the pool this afternoon
    :flowerforyou:
    Good Luck to all!
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone, I'm an old member but have been gone for most of the past year. But, my goal is to check in everyday, read the post, log my food and exercise and weight myself at the end of the month. The last time I was on this site I lost 30 pounds. Of course. I gained 20 back. Losing my mom was not easy for me. However, I am going to do it for her. She loved when I looked slim and happy.

This is the best post ever and so glad that it is still around. And also glad some of my old friends are here also. Can't wait to meet you all.
  • R222
    R222 Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi everyone;
    New to the site, would like to check in and wish everyone good luck with their goals for April. Spring is a time for change, let's do it!
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • smwert
    smwert Posts: 300
    Options
    Ah Spring. Time for new hope. I am down a poiund today for the first time in a long time. Going to really try hard this month - since we will be discarding our coats and all the lumps and bumps will show for sure.
    smwert
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Getting ready for my "Demolition Day" service project at the park with the high school kids. Hoping that I have the stamina to do it. I'm a little concerned that there isn't even a place to sit down all day. We will be served lunch by a church, but I am not concerned. I plan to eat it all, as I will be burning calories all day! Hope the weather is good. Have a good Friday April Fool's Day all!
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Good Morning ladies,
    I weighed in this morning and I lost 25 pounds. WOW. APRIL FOOL. as if I could lose that much. LOL. sorry just had to do it.
    Wow a lot of new people this morning. Welcome to our thread. Love to have you., I am feeling really good and strong. Allergies are back but am trying to ignore them. I will change my signature when I finish writing but for april I plan to keep on going with this plan of eating and exercise. I would like to make a goal to be able to run for 3 mintues but end of april. I ran for 1 minute 30 seconds last night on treamill. would like to continue to add to that. I never thought I could run but I am doing it in my old age.
    I hope you all have a wonderful day. It is sunny and cool here today May take grandkids for a walk later.
    Vicki M
  • Grandee47
    Grandee47 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Marking my spot, but I wanted to say a few quick things before I get on with my day. First of all, I :heart: this thread. I feel like your all my girlfriends :flowerforyou: with a common goal. Feels good! :bigsmile:

Barbie, love the quote. I am a collector of quotes and that's so true in this day and age.

peepocheck, my motto is "the 60s are for having fun"! You go girl! :laugh:

Lindaj, I'll do the 45 miles with you! Won't get outside today to walk as April Fools pulled one over on us.....we have snow! YUK!

grabbit, good luck with your halter. The good thing is that it will show you exactly what's going on and hopefully what it'll show is that you're just fine and you'll have peace of mind.

Have so much to do today, so I've got to get going. Have a great day everyone. :smile:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Happy April Fools day.

So tomorrow DH will unhide the scale and I will have an official weigh in I don't think it will be good. I have done great on the food and exersize but I feel like I am just getting bigger. Even my sodium has been good this week. I may have to finally give in and see the doctor again about possible causes. But let's not put he cart before the horse.
    I have done well on my March goals. I drink my water, I walk an hour on the dreadmill everyday plus my mile at work. I have been doing arm strength and playing with my pull up bar. I am still a long ways off from a pull up but I am getting there.

I hope you all have an AWESOME APRIL!!
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Ahhhhh...got back home last night and today is a NEW MONTH! I have set this as my "fresh start" day, so I am logging in and READING all the posts and getting back on track. 2 months away and moving into a new mountain house in MT was not good for me or my weight. So....off we go!

Vicki M: Loved your April Fools joke...hey, we can dream, can't we?

Robin: I have to "un-hide" my scale too. HA....I think you will be in better shape than I will be. I have exercised, but I have not minded my eating habits or tracked calories so I know what that means....at least we are here, right?

Barbie: Thanks for your usual upbeat and motivating welcome to the new month! I needed that this morning! You are amazing!!

I am off to make my breakfast and get out the door for my walk. I am SO, SO happy to see the sun shining. I need the vitamin D! All the snowfall in MT made for too little sunshine this winter and it does affect me.

Happy, Healthy APRIL, dear ladies! :heart: :heart: Kackie
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    agflowers15.gif

Will be back later!

Happy April!
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Barbie - Thanks for getting the new thread going.

All in all it did well in March loosing 1.5 pounds that I had never lost before. One more pound and my BMI will finally be at healthy.

April goals - I will have to think on this and update later.

Jeannie
  • lyn54
    lyn54 Posts: 415
    Options
    Happy Spring:flowerforyou: Happy April Foos Day!!!!:bigsmile:

I think that I shall never see
    A poem lovely as a tree.
    A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
    Against the earth's sweet flowing breast;
    A tree that looks at God all day,
    And lifts her leafy arms to pray;
    A tree that may in Summer wear