WOMEN AGES 50+ for April

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• mimi7grands
    mimi7grands Posts: 616
    Options
    Hello from drippy Northern California. Tomorrow should be sunny, so we're heading in the right direction.

Lynda, 3 pounds is wonderful. A big congrats. :flowerforyou:

Peggy, 90 pounds. Wow, wow, and wow!!! You've done such a great job. :flowerforyou:
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Good Evening, Ladies,

Has anyone ever figured out how to calculate calories burned from Jillian Michaels 30 day shred DVD? I know if I was using a monitor it would tell me, but I don't have one. And I know it would vary from person to person, but...I kind of guess. I KNOW that I am more tired than when I do a 40 minute, 3 mile walk, but I also realize they are just different kinds of exercise. Interval training is supposed to burn the most calories, but I just don't really know HOW many more???:huh: I try to put in less than I really think I have used. Not very scientific! At any rate, I have been doing them every few days. I think they really helped my middle before and I need that help again!

Lynda: Way to Go on the 3 pounds! That is great for one week!!!

Natalie: I hope that you get the results you are hoping for. Feeling good is also a great reward. (Still...we want to lose those pounds too, don't we???)

Peggy: Yes...90 pounds is amazing. You are an inspiration!

Mary: Hope you get your sunshine tomorrow! Glad to hear from you!

Today was a beautiful day here. Sunny and wonderful. I planted a few more flowers in some pots, ran errands and did my exercise. I have a big pot of homemade vegetable beef soup that I can eat on the rest of the week. Put lots and lots of vegetables and a bit of lean beef...should be yummy. (Not my typical spring dinner, though. It just sounded good and DH LOVES it).

Have a good evening everyone. Kackie:heart:
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,394 Member
    Options
    Viv - I know what you're going thru. Many years ago we had an Old English Sheepdog, sweetest thing you could ever imagine. Then, one day he turned on me and bit me, then he rared up on Vince. We did have him put to sleep because at the time I was pregnant and just didn't want to have to deal with 2 small children and constantly looking out for the dog. But it was a hard decisioin, just the same.

Mary - thanks for the info about Facebook. Yes, I can still see her posts on my homepage, it's just that she never gets back to me when I post something to her, that's what made me wonder.

barbie - so sorry about the weight gain, but you'll be back to your old good eating self in no time. You constantly amaze me.

Lynda - you SLHOULD be proud of your loss.

Did levels 2 and 3 of the 30 day shred. My daughter left, I had a meeting at my house. Tomorrow a.m. early (7a.m. which means I need to get up at 5) I have a meeting at the Y, then I'll take an hour spin class, play mahjongg, then bunco tomorrow night at another lady's house. It's good to keep busy. Oh, we went to the concert last night. After the concert the performers had a "meet and greet", Jessica goes up to one of the band members and says (get this) "hi, I'm Jess and I think you're hot. You should marry me because I'm awesome, too". She's not shy, now is she? Most people probably say "you're a good musician" or something like that....but not MY daughter. Oh no....lol

kackie - do you know just how long each level of the shred tape is? I wish you were able to do levels 1, 2, and 3 and THEN the cooldown instead of level 1, cooldown, level 2, cooldown, level 3, cooldown. Guess I could fast forward thru the cooldowns on levels 1 and 2 and just do 3's.

Well, I'm really tired. I got up at 5 today so that I would have time to exercise, then had an errand to run, get ready for my meeting here at 1, made dinner, now I'm pooped, I may even take a nap before I take a shower. Gotta get up tomorrow at 5 for a meeting at the Y.

Hope everyone has a great evening.

Michele
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I finally compiled the list of birthdays. I will start posting it at the beginning of each new thread if I don't forget. If I don't have you on the list, please let me know your birthday and I will add you. If I made a mistake, please let me know!
    50+ thread Birthdays
    January:
    6 – barmbord

February:

March:
    8 – pmjsmom
    12 – glendaaus
    25 – barbiecat
    30 – BirdieM
    31 – wizzywig

April:
    4 – Lyn54
    8 – grandee47
    11 – smelliott
    22 – sceck

May:
    13 – lovediets
    20 – mimi7grands
    25 – jam0525
    26 – vickim26
    30 – msh0530

June:
    12 – Ldspill

July:
    7 – Lindaj07

August:
    18 – bkrbabe57

September:
    2 – Laura80111

October:
    23 – rjnandjosh

November:

December:
    6 – cucoyannie
    30 - caharleygirl
  • Grandee47
    Grandee47 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Good evening! Had a great day with my "Sisters" in Gettysburg. We're a quilt group focused on antique quilts and reproducing them. We meet at the home of one of the Sisters that happens to be a precivil war homestead complete with chickens and donkeys. It's like we've gone back in time. As always, the day flew by and was over too soon.

Did much better with my eating today than I did yesterday, but got home too late to get my walk in so that disappointed me. We had a meeting this evening so there wasjust no time to squeeze a walk in.

Mary, thanks for the bday list! :smile:

Congrats Lynda on your good loss! :flowerforyou:

I'm tired. Turning in! :yawn: Dee
  • Gettinfit2
    Gettinfit2 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone has a good week. :flowerforyou:
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I'm Aug. 7th.

And my week so far is not starting well but I have hopes it will get better.
  • Gramma5
    Gramma5 Posts: 15
    Options
    Just popping in to say Hi ladies ! I have been keeping my food journal up every day but haven't had time to chat this past week ! Sounds like everybody is busy and more then a few of us are tired of the weather that Mother Nature keeps plying with ! We have been lucky in the North for the most part this past week as we have seen some snow showers but it hasn't stuck ... unlike other parts of the country ! I think ALl of us will be happy to see the last of the white stuff until late in the year ! Bring on some green grass , flowers and some warmth to the air !

Sorry to here that you may have to make a hard decision Viv about your dog . We had the sweetest cocker 25 years ago .... we had rescued him from an abusive family and he was good with us for the most part but then he started nipping at the kids ( they weren't very old ) . One day he nipped at DH and he made the decision to have him put down .... with an autopsy . Seems the dog was riddled with cancer so though he was an abused dog , he had underlying reasons for being nippy !

I have been super busy here cleaning and reorganising my craft room . I figured I could do that in one day and it it took all week ! Now I am behind on my Easter cards and small gifts for the family !!!! I have had a bag of chocolate in my craft room all week and haven't caved on them ! That is a HUGE victory for me ! I have had a few " weak " food moments but for the most part I have managed to stay within my calories . So much easier when DH is at work during the week then when he is home on the weekend ! LOL ! Just trying to figure out a good percentage breakdown that works for me .

Hope everybody has a great week and sees some GOOD weather !
  • grabbit97
    grabbit97 Posts: 445
    Options

Natalie: I hope that you get the results you are hoping for. Feeling good is also a great reward. (Still...we want to lose those pounds too, don't we???)

Thanks for the encouragement...
    You forgot my birthday, whoever is doing it, mine is in January 17...
    anyway....
    Day 4 is done, on the 17 day diet, so far so good, no problems with food, weigh in on Friday, we shall see how this thing is working... if I lose 3 pounds I will be happy, considering I was on a diet starting March 7, and lost 1 pound until now...
    Good night..
    Natalie
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    My day at work wasn't too bad. One of the patients that I saw was their with his mom. She remembered me from a few months ago when her infant daughter was ill and I took care of her. I did have to transfer the baby to Children's Hospital, but the Mom remembered me and told me that I was so kind, caring and treated her baby so well. She was glad that I was taking care of her oldest son. That gave me a boost for the day...makes up for some of the patients that verbally abuse us. I did get out of work on time which was really nice for a change.

Time to head to sleep...work again in the morning. Sleep well everyone
  • lindaj07
    lindaj07 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    lost another 2lbs this week...
  • smelliott
    smelliott Posts: 120
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Finally got back to counting my calories and managed to stay under yesterday. It was difficult as I'd been eating so much and so many carbs for the last few weeks :blushing: I also started running again on Sunday so hopefully will start to lose the weight I've put on while I've been away. We had a fabulous time in the Alps. The sun shone most of the time and we had hardly any snow (not good for the skiing!) They made snow when it was cold enough over night (we had record high temperatures) and managed to keep most of the pistes open until we left at the start of April. ~Our friends who are still there say they are down to 30% open in our resort now but it's still ok further up the mountain.

Well, now we are back it's time to get into motorhome (rv) mode for our first weekend at Easter. We're coming to your part of the country Viv, staying near York. It's a site I've been to many times and we love York. I am sorry to hear that your dog bit you. It is really difficult with an unpredictable dog. Becki (13 year old boxer) who lives with my daughter now is like that.

anyway, I must go and run before it gets too hot. Yes, it is actually a lovely sunny day here in the North East of England!! :happy:

Congratulations to everyone who has lost :flowerforyou: Best wishes to those of you who are not feeling too good :flowerforyou:

Bye for now
    :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies!

Mary: You are kind to keep the birthdays...mine is Nov. 11th

Denise: So good to hear from you. We spent Feb & March in Montana in the mountains and we had the snow this season. It must be a record, which is great for the skiing, but I missed the usual blue skies and was glad to get back to sunshine and green grass. I am also playing catch-up on my weight. I did not manage well while away this winter. We seem like we have similar travel patterns, but I will be staying put for a while now here. Have a great trip for Easter!

Annie: How nice that the Mom remembered you and told you! It had to make your day

Linda: Way to go on the 2 pounds...you are doing great!

MacMadame: I hope that the rest of your week goes well

Gramma5: Spring cleaning inside is something that I missed being gone so long...now I MUST be outside. We have green grass, flowers and warm temps here...I'll try to send you some. At least your craft room is organized. I need to clean out some drawers. Oh, well. Save that for a rainy day!

Have a wonderful day, dear ladies!:heart: I am off for my walk and into my garden again. kackie
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies,
    Mary thanks for doing the birthdays. Dee we will be in your part of country next week. Leaving sat.staying in mageyesville at a resort. plan to visit gettysburg, harrisonburg, dc, maybe philadelphia and lancaster. How is the weather. trying to figure out how to pack. good luck on losses. mcmadame hope your day goes better. will try to post again later. have a great tuesday ladies.
    vicki M
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Good morning, everyone!!! It is a rainy morning here in Pittsburgh but on the bright side, the grass is so green and the air smells so clean. I am getting ready to head to work. My lunch is packed and ready to go. Thank goodness for these fashionable lunch bags...they really do keep things cold.

Well, I better get going....I need to stop at the post office on my way to work. Have a great day!!!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Mary thanks for the birthday list. I am May 27

I have been lurking lately. Not posting my food this week or exersize. I just don't feel it. I cooked a lot this weekend and the effort of calculating the meals is daunting so I choose not to. I am just being careful and mindful of portions.

Today I am doing a presentation for customers so I am on edge. I did do some strength training yesterday and I feel strong. I will probably Zumba after work and then chillax! Of course I will have to play hide and seek with Bodi for about 30 minutes. We run around the house hiding his Kong bone and then he searches for it. He has gotten so much smarter that we really have to hide it now. He really gets a workout and at least I go up and down the stairs about 20 times.

I hope you are all doing well.
  • SallyCC
    SallyCC Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Morning!

It looks like a good day to work on my lawn. I bought some grass seed for the bare spots so I need to get out and do a little prep and put that seed down, then let the rain do its work. Everything is so green here and the buds are on the trees so it definitely feels like spring. The two jobs I usually do today are not happening because of the school vacation week so I have a day off. My schedule has changed so much since my main job ended...its hard to get used to all this time. I am feeling so unproductive. I have a list of jobs (in my head) that I want to do in the house but haven't gotten around to them. I am getting to the gym so that is a good thing. Tonight is my weigh in with the Weight Loss Challenge group and then I'll weign in for MFP in the morning so I am thinking things will look good. Just gotta get moving...and keep moving!

Mary...thanks for putting the birthday list together. My birthday is November 30th

Have a good day!
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Only a moment to mark this spot and say HI, too busy with qtrly sales taxes and have been very bad lately....the scale is saying I'm up :sad: and I'm really struggling to get it together...having Hubby at home all day is just NO fun:grumble: and so far nothing on his job hunt.

I see that pretty soon we will be at part 2 for April....so I will check back in at lunch.

Laura:smile:
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I think that this is post #500 on this thread, so for anyone who is new: The last post on this thread with have a link to where the thread will be continued, so don't lose us! Click on the link to find us, and then post so that the new thread will show up in "my topics". See you all on the new thread, which will surely come very soon!