Daily Check In - April

Options
goldk
goldk Posts: 1,651 Member
Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yes
Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yes
What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? 35 minutes on the elliptical
What would I have done differently? nothing - good day
What is today's personal goals? track calories and eat healthy ... try to squeeze in the elliptical... two funerals this week... 3 this month...hopefully April will be better...

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 4/7 days of exercise

Replies

• TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    bump
  • Hoosiermomma
    Hoosiermomma Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    :happy: :happy: Hooray for April -- Sunshine, "outsideable" temps, and healthier food in the grocery store!! :happy: :happy:

Thanks Gold K, :flowerforyou: for getting us started again. We made it to 4 pages in March! Let's see if we can be as faithful in April! So sorry about the loss of people in your life. :heart: Always makes us think again about our priorities doesn't it!

ltspaul and goldk, Did you have new goals/challenges for April? I'd like to continue staying within our calories ( I always need to focus there :tongue:) I'm going to try to up my protein. I keep hearing how that will increase weight loss. Thought it might be worth a try...

Did you stay within your nutritional goals? I think I did. Kind of hard to tell with Bunco snacks!!
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yes I did. Ran 2 of 3 miles in increments.
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Hopefully kept under my calorie goal
    What would I have done differently? A few less snacks @ Bunco
    What is today's personal goals? track calories and just take a walk. (Already did the elliptical today.)
    exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 5/5 days of exercise :drinker:
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    bump

Hello TeamLeela!! Just a faithful few doing the Daily Check In but we thinks it's helping! Please join us!
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    bump

Hello TeamLeela!! Just a faithful few doing the Daily Check In but we thinks it's helping! Please join us!

thanks, I'm faithful too and I think daily check ins work better for me than weekly ones. Thanks for having me! I think this challenge is all about being honest myself so I can identify my flaws.
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? no
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? n/a
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of?
    I got some rest. Sounds weird, but I have been in overdrive lately and really needed the rest.
    What would I have done differently?
    I would not have ate a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch cereal as a midnight snack.
    What is today's personal goals?
    1. Workout at least 30 minutes
    2. Drink atleast 72 ounces of water
    3. keep eating clean.

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 1/7 days
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yes, going to have to learn how to up the protein, though.
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Did not get out for the walk, the rain was pretty steady.
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Went to bed early!
    What would I have done differently? Sat too much!
    What is today's personal goals? track calories, elliptical and take a walk. (It's looking good out there!)
    exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 5/5 days of exercise

:flowerforyou: Welcome TeamLeela! :flowerforyou:
  • goldk
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Probably not
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Didn't set any
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? got through a week with 2 funerals
    What would I have done differently? Not have 3 rolls and a half pitcher of Sangria at Bertucci's. :drinker: I should have only had 1 roll :laugh:
    What is today's personal goals? track calories, eat healthy and take a nice long walk - it's a beautiful day out there :smile:

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 0/7 days of exercise

WELCOME TeamLeela!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    This is for Saturday:
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? yes
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? yes
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of?
    I ate healthy all day Saturday.
    What would I have done differently?
    I would have made time to workout.
    What is today's personal goals?
    1.Make a plan for eating and working out.
    2. Drink plenty of water.

Exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 5/7 days
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.
  • goldk
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Probably not
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? No
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? went for a nice walk
    What would I have done differently? track my calories
    What is today's personal goals? track calories, eat healthy and the elliptical

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 1/7 days of exercise
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Saturday, yes... a little over on Sunday.
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Didn't set them on Sunday
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Ate "light" with the family over for dinner.
    What would I have done differently? It was a nice day, but I was snacking a bit much.
    What is today's personal goals? track calories, elliptical (got the elliptical done!)
    exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 2/5 days of exercise

Monday weigh-in 139. (Down 2.4 lbs.from my post-Jamaica weight.) The scale actually said 140.5 but I gave myself .5 lbs of credit for the 24 oz. of water i drank before weighing. :noway: Oops, I forgot to drink less before weighing Hopefully my conservative estimate gives me a good result next Monday!

Here we go, on to a GREAT week!
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? pretty much - a little carb heavy
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? made a healthy dinner of steelhead trout, brown rice, asparagus and worked out at the Y for an hour even though I didn't want to
    What would I have done differently? shouldn't have made french fries for lunch
    What is today's personal goals? already did an hour of step at the Y, stay within cals
    exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 2/5 days of exercise (last week 5/5)

I'll try to stay on the goal of staying under on calories, and also upping my non-dairy protein. I've been trying to do that for the last few months but have slipped back into eating a lot of cheese for my proteins. The nutrition plan that I'm trying has me eating 3 meals and 3 snacks a day with 4 oz. of protein with every meal and 2 oz. with at least 2 of the snacks. I think it is helping.
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yes, ah did!
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? simple goals - complete
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Had quite a few calories left after a "home" day -My hardest days .. too much food in easy reach!
    What would I have done differently? Less time in this chair. Today i am setting the timer!
    What is today's personal goals? track calories, elliptical, ironing, casserole for friends who had a fire, prep for school board.
    exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 2/5 days of exercise

ltspaul, I'm trying to up my protein. What are your favorite/best sources?
  • goldk
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? No
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? No
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? hum?
    What would I have done differently? workout
    What is today's personal goals? track calories, eat healthy and the elliptical

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 1/7 days of exercise
  • goldk
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Calories - Yes
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yes
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? nautilus, the elliptical and didn't go over on calories
    What would I have done differently? not eat so many exercise calories
    What is today's personal goals? track calories, stay under and the elliptical

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 2/7 days of exercise
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yes, ah did!
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? all but the ironing!
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Got most of it done
    What would I have done differently? Found a way to have more lean protein
    What is today's personal goals? track calories, elliptical,this noon , errands uptown
    exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) -3/5 days of exercise
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? A little over yesterday, but I am still good for the week so far.
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yep
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Worked out on the elliptical in the evening. Definitely not my natural inclination!
    What would I have done differently? Found a way to have 26 LESS calories! :smile:
    What is today's personal goals? track calories, elliptical,catch up on my list around here
    exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) -4/5 days of exercise
  • goldk
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? No - over slightly on calories
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? No - see above
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? nautilus, yoga and tracked my calories
    What would I have done differently? not eat so many tortilla chips :drinker: :drinker:

What is today's personal goals? track calories, not eat all my exercise calories and the elliptical

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 3/7 days of exercise
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? good
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? worked my butt off on the treadmill because my step class was cancelled and I was afraid I wouldn't wear off as many calories on the treadmill ... according to my HR monitor I wore off about twice as much as usual (but I didn't count them all since I don't 100% trust my HR monitor) ... but still I kicked butt!
    What would I have done differently? not really anything
    What is today's personal goals? go to the Y after work and do and hour of step and 30 minutes of weights
    exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 3/5 days of exercise (last week 5/5)

hoosiermama: I have a lot of trouble with protein, that has been the hardest adjustement for me with my nutrition plan. I love cheese for protein but eat too much of it. I usually have a protein shake for either breakfast or one snack (1/2 cup yogurt, 1 scoop whey protein powder, fruit(s) of choice (usually banana and strawberries, sometimes frozen cherries), 2 T coconut milk). I have eggs often, and try to hide my protein in things like stew. So I'm still working on the protein choices.
    Today my protein's so far have been eggs for breakfast, cheese for my snack, stew for lunch, protein shake for afternoon snack - haven't planned supper yet.
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Quite a bit under.
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yep
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Resisted the pantry
    What would I have done differently? Moved more through out the day
    What is today's personal goals? track calories, elliptical,Keep my intake moderate at a friends party tonight
    exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) -5/5 days of exercise

Thanks lts Paul for the good info. I'm never getting enough protein before I pass my fat total. I'm thinking of trying an egg scramble with added egg whites The smoothies look like a good plan :smile: I always :heart: yogurt. I was looking at the whey powder, that might help a lot too. I just wasn't ready to commit to the Costco size! :wink:

Have a great weekend all! :drinker: