Pregnancy 2011 - April

Options

Replies

• MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Brittony - It definitely sounds like water weight to me, do you notice any swelling? I was starting to notice some in my feet especially, and now that I've upped my water intake it has backed down quite a bit. I don't eat much fast food, never really have, but I've eaten it a few times lately out of convenience. I definitely notice a big difference in water retention and how I feel so no more fast food! Hope you enjoyed your weekend!

I can relate on the water weight! Hubby decided Sat that we were going out to eat (I hate when he springs it on me, I would have skipped the ice cream earlier that day if I'd known and had tons of calories left over for dinner!) and we ended up going to IHOP because the boy said he wanted pancakes. Whenever we eat out or fast food or something I wake up at night feeling awful swelling in my hands. I guess luckily when I eat out I also drink usually a minimum of 3 big glasses of water (usually more like 6. I love lemon water!) so it doesn't stick around that long!
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options
    Wondering what other kinds of weight loss plans people have tried? I did weight watchers, have done on and off for years and it really worked for me, it's how I lost 100lbs! I do plan to follow it losely after the baby, but to use MFP as well. What other programs have ya'all tried?

I haven't tried other things but I have been on MFP for 3 years! I haven't logged consistently for that whole time, there were probably 4-5 months off in the middles somewhere (and of course I gained almost 10 lbs!) and days here and there, but pretty much I have logged for almost 3 years! I haven't gained anything though (while logging), since I allow myself too much snacking haven't quite made it down to my preferred / goal weight yet. I have managed to get at a comfortable weight for the last year or so before getting pregnant though. I was within about 7 of my realistic goal weight (145) and losing slowly but steadily (1/2 lb a week or every other week). A lot of times I wasn't really losing anything, but i wasn't gaining and I was putting on muscle.
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options
    Exercise challenge!:

Mon - 50 mins elliptical (300 cals)
    Tue - 50 mins / 2 miles + lap swimming (450 cals)
    Wed - 45 mins spin class (350 cals)
    Thurs - 45 mins elliptical (350 cals)
    Sat - 40 mins spin class (450 cals) / 45 mins gardening (140 cals (on top of normal burn in that time) / 120 mins running errands (204 extra cals)
    Sun - lol - does this count.... I walked laps around the Publix aisles waiting for a prescription to be ready! About 20-30 mins. Also took my son to an Easter Egg hunt (300 calories combined)
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options

Wondering what other kinds of weight loss plans people have tried? I did weight watchers, have done on and off for years and it really worked for me, it's how I lost 100lbs! I do plan to follow it losely after the baby, but to use MFP as well. What other programs have ya'all tried?

I did WW to go from 274-210, then was expecting again. After baby I did WW again to go from 235-210, then was expecting again. After baby I used WW to go fro 245-210, then felt stuck, like WW wasn't for me any more. I was bored, I felt I grew from WW. So I came here. I went from 205-175 here over the summer. I have also lost weight on my own.
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    I have officially decided I want this baby to stay in! Labor is getting too real. Sometimes I wonder if it would be better to know exactly when it is coming. I'll take all the prayers I can get. I broke down in tears this morning with my husband. I just want it over with (labor that is).

Oh goodness! I can relate, although I need to have everything figured and planned, labor I prefer it to happen w/o me knowing ahead. I would get too worked up w/ anxiety otherwise. I look forward to labor, I am getting tired of being pregnant actually, but a part of me worries over the pain too. Try to remember it will be just fine.

Thanks Annabelle!
  • brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Brittony - It definitely sounds like water weight to me, do you notice any swelling? I was starting to notice some in my feet especially, and now that I've upped my water intake it has backed down quite a bit. I don't eat much fast food, never really have, but I've eaten it a few times lately out of convenience. I definitely notice a big difference in water retention and how I feel so no more fast food! Hope you enjoyed your weekend!

I can relate on the water weight! Hubby decided Sat that we were going out to eat (I hate when he springs it on me, I would have skipped the ice cream earlier that day if I'd known and had tons of calories left over for dinner!) and we ended up going to IHOP because the boy said he wanted pancakes. Whenever we eat out or fast food or something I wake up at night feeling awful swelling in my hands. I guess luckily when I eat out I also drink usually a minimum of 3 big glasses of water (usually more like 6. I love lemon water!) so it doesn't stick around that long!

I forgot that I did experience some major swelling yesterday. I had the cankle thing going on and some major sausage fingers. I'll have to drink tons of water today!
  • AmyMooreOrLess
    AmyMooreOrLess Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Great to find you Ladies again... Not sure if I'll ever get caught up in everything I missed these past 8 days.

Home from cruisin'. Up only two pounds. 6 pounds total gain at 16 weeks which I'm pretty happy about. Will update photo soon. Obviously pregnant. Strangers were boldly commenting about my baby #2 on the way!

Hope everyone is well. How many babies have been born in my absence?!
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    It's Monday again and I am officially starting the third trimester according to my book. I've decided that telling people how many months I am isn't going to work so I'm going to respond by weeks.

Sherri: CONGRATULATIONS!!! Brooklyn is adorable and kudos for not having an epi!!! So awesome!!

Julie: I am so very sorry to hear about your brother. My heart and prayers goes out to you and your family during this difficult time. Please take care of your self.

Brittony: I know what you mean about the swelling. I've been trying to cut down on sodium and up my water intake it seems to help a lot because for a whole week I would come home with swollen ankles and fingers. I wouldn't be able to take my wedding ring off for the night until I had relaxed before bed.

Exercise Check In:

Monday: 25 mins of walking
    Friday: 25 Mins of walking
    Saturday: 25 mins of walking
    15 mins of squats and stretching

So it's a start back into exercise. I would have put in more time but we had a CRAZY wind storm yesterday and I did not want to brave the weather. I plan on getting in more this week I found that it's helping the round ligament pain i've been experiencing.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options

So it's a start back into exercise. I would have put in more time but we had a CRAZY wind storm yesterday and I did not want to brave the weather. I plan on getting in more this week I found that it's helping the round ligament pain i've been experiencing.

I know! We could not go outside. We lost power from 2-9pm.
  • sthorp1179
    sthorp1179 Posts: 104
    Options
    How exciting, I guess you really can't wait to meet him/her. Pregnancy seems to take forever when you're going through the uncomfortable stages but in reality it doesn't take a lot of time to grow a baby! Are you looking forward to the birth and holding baby for the first time? Thats my favourite part of it all the labour and birth. But I am going to try and not be too impatient and enjoy this whole pregnancy as its definitely going to be my last one :happy:

Pregnancy seems like the longest short amount of time ever, if that makes any sense? :laugh: I remember when I found out I was pregnant it seemed like a lifetime until my first Dr. appointment, and an eternity until my due date. Now that it is only 2 months and some change away, I really feel like the time has flown by. I've been trying to concentrate on enjoying my third trimester because I know it will be over really soon.

I am looking forward to the birth, sounds a little psychotic, right? :wink: The anticipation of not knowing what is going to happen is unnerving, but also really exciting to me, especially since this is my first time and I only know what I've read about and heard from other people. I know that every experience is unique so I'm anxious to know what my experience will be.

And of course I'm excited for Joshua to finally be here so I can hold him, and see what he looks like!!

It makes perfect sense, sometimes living through each day seems to take forever but somehow the weeks keep ticking by, if you think its going slowly now wait till you get to week 35/36 lol!

I always looked forward to going into labour, its always been the most exciting and although you get the pain which lets be honest we could all do without, every contraction brings you a step closer to your babys birthday. Each of my experiences of birth have been very different but I can offer you a few tips!!! Stay active during labour, try and stay on your feet or find a position that you feel comfortable. I would spend as little time on that bed as I could, it speeds up labour considerably and helps you to feel in control of the pain better. Babys come out looking pretty blue/purple but its totally normal, I panicked when I saw my firstborn but she soon started pinking up. Enjoy it, it truly is a miracle holding that baby and a moment you will never forget so while the labour may have been 4 days of absolute hell it will all be worth it (and you will soon forget it and probably want to do it all over again!)

Joshua is a lovely name, I guess you're having a boy, I've got strong boy feelings myself but undecided whether to find out the sex on the ultrasound.
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Happy Monday. I made my exercise challenge last week.

Monday: 30 min treadmill
    Tuesday: 55 min elliptical
    Wednesday: 45 min water aerobics
    Thursday: 62 min treadmill
    Plus there were two days I spent packing and pushing boxes around, that worked up a sweat. :)

Moving burns TONS of calories!! I wasn't even lifting anything over 20 lbs at the time and I was burning like 500-700 calories a day in the moving stuff doing several hours a day. I burned over 1000 on two days as well! Of course, though I could not carry heavy loads that meant I took TONS of small trips back and forth from the house to the car. That and cleaning the whole house.
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options
    Babys come out looking pretty blue/purple but its totally normal, I panicked when I saw my firstborn but she soon started pinking up. Enjoy it, it truly is a miracle holding that baby and a moment you will never forget so while the labour may have been 4 days of absolute hell it will all be worth it (and you will soon forget it and probably want to do it all over again!)

Haha. I have no recollection of "meeting" my son. I remember them pulling him out in the OR and that he was nasty looking and thinking I was glad they weren't going to bring him near me right away. I imagine several hours later they did bring him to me... since it's three years later and he's still here! :laugh: :laugh: I don't remember any of it though for the first 8 or so hours post op!
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    Pregnancy seems like the longest short amount of time ever, if that makes any sense? :laugh: I remember when I found out I was pregnant it seemed like a lifetime until my first Dr. appointment, and an eternity until my due date. Now that it is only 2 months and some change away, I really feel like the time has flown by. I've been trying to concentrate on enjoying my third trimester because I know it will be over really soon.

I am looking forward to the birth, sounds a little psychotic, right? :wink: The anticipation of not knowing what is going to happen is unnerving, but also really exciting to me, especially since this is my first time and I only know what I've read about and heard from other people. I know that every experience is unique so I'm anxious to know what my experience will be.

And of course I'm excited for Joshua to finally be here so I can hold him, and see what he looks like!!

I can relate to all of the above comments! (especially being excited to meet the new baby).
  • cahndoit
    cahndoit Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just found out that I am pregnant....so I am cautiously optimistic. I'm glad to find this board!!
    :)Ariel
  • wilkeskayla
    wilkeskayla Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    wow! babies require LOTS of stuff. I try to stay really organized and the thought of organzing all of my son's things is realllllly starting to overwhelm me. I have not even had my baby shower and it already seems lke he has so much. Does anyone have anything that they use o help keep thngs organized that you just could not live without? :)
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    wow! babies require LOTS of stuff. I try to stay really organized and the thought of organzing all of my son's things is realllllly starting to overwhelm me. I have not even had my baby shower and it already seems lke he has so much. Does anyone have anything that they use o help keep thngs organized that you just could not live without? :)

Actually they don't need much! What do you have that needs organization and I could help. Do you mea like sheets, blankets, diapers, etc?
  • wilkeskayla
    wilkeskayla Posts: 19 Member
    Options

Actually they don't need much! What do you have that needs organization and I could help. Do you mea like sheets, blankets, diapers, etc?

ok his closet is pretty small to begin with, and so is his room. i dont even know where to start as far as organzing his clothes ( what to hang, what to fold), then there are different sizes, some that come in sets, then there are hats and bibs and bootites and shoes. diapers, burp cloths, towels, rags, blankets ahh! like i said, im realllly organized usually, but i just dont know where to begin. the main thing that is frustrating to me is sorting all of his clothes. This is my first child, and im not used to tiny people's clothes haha
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options

ok his closet is pretty small to begin with, and so is his room. i dont even know where to start as far as organzing his clothes ( what to hang, what to fold), then there are different sizes, some that come in sets, then there are hats and bibs and bootites and shoes. diapers, burp cloths, towels, rags, blankets ahh! like i said, im realllly organized usually, but i just dont know where to begin. the main thing that is frustrating to me is sorting all of his clothes. This is my first child, and im not used to tiny people's clothes haha

I understand! I love organizing, but w/ baby stuff it is overwhelming. I got so much w/ my first babies, twins. More than I could ever use. For myself I put into drawers the newborn stuff, then I would hang the other sizes or put them in labeled bins on the shelves or under the crib, if you are doing one. If you plan on getting a changing table I would put diapers, rags, burp cloths, etc on the changing table or in baskets on the changing table. Put the towels there too or in your bathroom if you plan on bathing baby there. Back to the drawers I would have a drawer for hats, socks, bibs, socks, and booties stacked in piles. I wouldn't keep the sets together, as you will most likely recall what goes together. I am not big on the sets personally. If the bibs are bigger than the small ones for teething or bottle feeding put those in the bigger sized bibs as well. Put onesies together, then shirts, pants, one pieces.

Baby will be in my room and I have one of these http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3006581 in my closet and one of these, similar to this one in my closet as well http://www.amazon.com/Munchkin-10081-Baby-Care-Cart/dp/B000JKPZVK/ref=sr_1_25?ie=UTF8&qid=1301950433&sr=8-25 and these are the baskets on the changing table http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2401876
  • sthorp1179
    sthorp1179 Posts: 104
    Options
    Have you tried those bags that you can vacuum the air out of for storing the clothes that you aren't using straight away. I got some hanging ones and you can store loads of clothes, blankets etc. in each and they keep nice and fresh and dust free.
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options

I managed my first when we lived in an RV. His "closet" was the cabinet where a TV would have gone. We put up a hanging rod and I hung everything that would hang. The hangers clothes came on (or snag some from the store itself) are helpful - the ones that can hang pants with the shirt. Then I put a 3 drawer plastic organizer below that and had 1 drawer for burpers / blankets, 1 for onsies, and one for socks / bibs / hats and everything else random. There was one shelf under the whole unit where i kept diapers. The whole entire thing was probably about 2-3 feet wide and about the same tall. He slept in a pack and play in the living room / dining room / kitchen area. It was tight, but I never felt like there was not enough room - it just would have been nice to have more room!

I only kept out the 3 months of clothing he actually fit in. So all the 6-12 mo etc (that people had sent in advance or gifts) went in a rubbermade in the shed (thank god we had a shed!! 3 people + 2 dogs in 350 square feet!!) and I was diligent about labeling bins and changing stuff out when he outgrew it or it was time to move in new stuff. Even at that, I think there are things he never wore or only wore once. I figure at least they will be in good shape for this baby then!!

Also, don't be afraid to get rid of or regift things you find useless. I got a ton of baby washcloths and like 9 hooded towels. I kept a few washcloths and maybe 2 of the hooded towels. I know how to do laundry (and didn't totally bathe him all that much as a baby)! I don't need a million towels! If you feel really guilty since it's something someone gave you and you can't return it - maybe donate it to a women's shelter or something where it will really get used.

I kept up the super space saving and clothes rotating when we moved to a "house" (I use the term loosely! :laugh: :laugh:) since his bedroom was still only about 6 feet by 6 feet with a little closet. I did the same thing there - hanging everything I could and filling the rest of the closet with shelving (mostly for toys though since he was 1-3 at the time. We had one tall dresser and a twin bed (I got him the kind with drawers underneath for more room) and that took up all his floor space.

Now we're in a real house and his room is huge. I don't know what to do with all the space!! Well... i guess soon we are going to be filling it with his brother so... :laugh: :laugh: