Pregnancy 2011 - April

Options

Replies

• wilkeskayla
    wilkeskayla Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    I have been popping in here and there, so I guess it is time for a formal introduction. My name is Kayla, and I am ALSO from Tennessee. I see that a few of you that post here are from tn as well :). I'm 20 years old & we are expecting our FIRST child :) I'm having a boy, due June 11th. So that makes me 30 weeks today! Couldn't be more thrilled! I love sharing pregnancy experiences and seeking advice from other mothers on things I have not yet experienced. Hope everyone is having a great weekend :)
  • sthorp1179
    sthorp1179 Posts: 104
    Options
    Hello to all the newcomers, I hope you find this place great to share your pregnancy experiences, get advice and make friends as I am!

Been so busy today will catch up with you all tomorrow
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Does anyone keep a blog? I am interested in what site you use, and also what the address to your blog is!

No. I've been tempted, but decided the end result would be getting fired, divorced, and disowned.... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options
    congrats Sheri!
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    I have been popping in here and there, so I guess it is time for a formal introduction. My name is Kayla, and I am ALSO from Tennessee. I see that a few of you that post here are from tn as well :). I'm 20 years old & we are expecting our FIRST child :) I'm having a boy, due June 11th. So that makes me 30 weeks today! Couldn't be more thrilled! I love sharing pregnancy experiences and seeking advice from other mothers on things I have not yet experienced. Hope everyone is having a great weekend :)

Welcome! I'm in TN due with a boy on June 12th. - It's my 2nd though and I am old :):laugh:
  • joonzgurl
    joonzgurl Posts: 1,617
    Options
    Does anyone keep a blog? I am interested in what site you use, and also what the address to your blog is!

No. I've been tempted, but decided the end result would be getting fired, divorced, and disowned.... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

lol!!! I have kept a blog in the past too, but totally got myself in trouble with it.... deleted it and have not kept once since, but am considering going back.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend, we have had a busy day cleaning and doing jobs around the house.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Welcome Kayla and all the other new mamas! I am expecting in June too.
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Welcome Kayla! I am also due in June, about a week after you, and also having a boy!

We said goodbye to some very close family members today who moved out of state. I'm not usually the crying type, but I cried like a baby today giving them hugs goodbye. Ah....hormones....

Gonna spend the day tomorrow cleaning around the house and hopefully going for a walk outside - weather permitting.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Welcome Kayla!

So I ended up chopping off 10 inches of hair and donating it to Locks for Love. Somehow my hair is still long enough for me to pull back into a ponytail. I obviously went way too long without a haircut. :laugh:
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options

hkystar.blogspot.com

I have been keeping my pregnancy blog there and plan to continue using it post baby.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Wow back home and LOVING it! We did not sleep well last night but we did get a good run from 2-5am. I could not leave the hospital fast enough, they wanted me to stay another night but I told them NO WAY, A HOSPITAL IS FOR SICK PEOPLE AND I ONLY HAD A BABY, I AM NOT SICK!!!" The midwife on call understood, she said I would have thought with 2 at home you would want the rest. I told her ofcourse I want rest, that is why I want to go home where I can be comfortable and not have nurses come in and wake me and baby up.

Labor got intense and quick, I was trying to wait until I had bloody show or my water break but when the contrax got to be 3 mins apart I decided we needed to head to the hospital. I was so glad when my favorite midwife came through the curtain, all I can say is "April Fools, I am in labor!" I was at 4cm when I arrived at 9:30 am she told me that if I want an epidural I should do it right away because since it is my 3rd baby it might go quick. I said ok and the anesthesia people came in to do their job. I got in position and they started to do the procedure when I started feeling faint, I told them to stop I was going to pass out so they checked me and I was already at 6 cm this was like 10:30 they told me if I want it they have to start over again and quick so I said forget it. I have a very bad feeling about it. My midwife came in and said that I was going so quick that if she were to break my water the baby would come out in no time so I asked for a minute to think about it. Hubby came back (they sent him out of the room for the procedure I was supposed to have) He was surprised when I told him that I didnt get the epidural afterall. He laughed and said "Well I guess you are going to get your natural birth afterall huh? Anyways I had her rupture me around 11:20 but there was urine that had to be extracted they wouldn't let me up since they had poked in my back so I got it out with a cathedar like 11:40 and after 2 intense pushes she was born! She flew right out and the midwife barely had time to catch her. I didnt listen to what they said and pushed as I needed, I blocked everyone out and just did what my body said to. I have to say it was THE BEST experience ever. I feel like I have superhuman strength now!

Unfortunately they wouldnt do the tubal ligation because my doctor was not there and the on call did not feel confident with the hernia.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    DSCN0137.jpg

DSCN0129.jpg

sorry, cant figure out how to adjust these

Katrina.... ready to get postnatal started?
  • sthorp1179
    sthorp1179 Posts: 104
    Options
    Wow back home and LOVING it! We did not sleep well last night but we did get a good run from 2-5am. I could not leave the hospital fast enough, they wanted me to stay another night but I told them NO WAY, A HOSPITAL IS FOR SICK PEOPLE AND I ONLY HAD A BABY, I AM NOT SICK!!!" The midwife on call understood, she said I would have thought with 2 at home you would want the rest. I told her ofcourse I want rest, that is why I want to go home where I can be comfortable and not have nurses come in and wake me and baby up.

Labor got intense and quick, I was trying to wait until I had bloody show or my water break but when the contrax got to be 3 mins apart I decided we needed to head to the hospital. I was so glad when my favorite midwife came through the curtain, all I can say is "April Fools, I am in labor!" I was at 4cm when I arrived at 9:30 am she told me that if I want an epidural I should do it right away because since it is my 3rd baby it might go quick. I said ok and the anesthesia people came in to do their job. I got in position and they started to do the procedure when I started feeling faint, I told them to stop I was going to pass out so they checked me and I was already at 6 cm this was like 10:30 they told me if I want it they have to start over again and quick so I said forget it. I have a very bad feeling about it. My midwife came in and said that I was going so quick that if she were to break my water the baby would come out in no time so I asked for a minute to think about it. Hubby came back (they sent him out of the room for the procedure I was supposed to have) He was surprised when I told him that I didnt get the epidural afterall. He laughed and said "Well I guess you are going to get your natural birth afterall huh? Anyways I had her rupture me around 11:20 but there was urine that had to be extracted they wouldn't let me up since they had poked in my back so I got it out with a cathedar like 11:40 and after 2 intense pushes she was born! She flew right out and the midwife barely had time to catch her. I didnt listen to what they said and pushed as I needed, I blocked everyone out and just did what my body said to. I have to say it was THE BEST experience ever. I feel like I have superhuman strength now!

Unfortunately they wouldnt do the tubal ligation because my doctor was not there and the on call did not feel confident with the hernia.

Well done Sherri and good for you, sounds like you didn't need the epidural anyway and went with your instincts and had a quick delivery.

Hope baby Brooklynn is settling in well and gives you plenty of rest x
  • blessdmomof4
    Options
    Congrats Sheri! She is so beautiful.

I have a blog. It's mostly about our homeschooling adventures and some family stuff. I haven't been very good about updating regularly, probably only once every two months or so...

http://blessdmomof3.blogspot.com/2011_02_01_archive.html
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Welcome! Where are you from in tn?
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Sheri! You rock! Thanks for the story and pictures. She is so beautiful.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    DSCN0137.jpg

DSCN0129.jpg

sorry, cant figure out how to adjust these

Katrina.... ready to get postnatal started?

I'm ready. Lets start while my appetite is so low. :bigsmile:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I loved the story and photo Sheri. Brooklynn is a doll.
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Way to go Sheri. You rock! Thanks for sharing your story.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I may not be around for a few days. I'm living a nightmare this morning. Right now I'm a bit numb so I feel like I can share what's going on. It's never ever good when your phone rings at 6am on a Sunday morning and mine did today. When I saw it was my mom calling, I immediately expected the news to be that my nearly 87 year old grandmother was ill or had passed, but no.

My 31 year old brother passed away very suddenly and unexpectedly overnight. He was my my only sibling. I'm dying inside for our parents and for my sister in law, who found him when she got up for work this morning. It's an indescribable shock and pain to lose my brother this way, but I can't even fathom losing a child or my husband like this.

Everyone keeps telling me to "just take care of the baby" and I have no idea how to do that. I'm afraid to let myself get too upset. I've lost it a couple of times and when I do, I start feeling crampy in my abdomen & lower back and then I realize I have to figure out a way to calm down. His birthday is 2 weeks from today and my husband's is 5 days after (they're the exact same age) and my mom was so excited about getting back from vacation & getting everyone together for their birthdays. I'm so worried for her. If you're the praying kind, please consider sending some prayers the way of my mother and father.