Not a dating site?....... Well I think not......

Options
124»

Replies

• Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Wow! I just got a pm from a user saying they have meet and married their online mfp pal! So kudos! And I hope it is the best time of your lives! WooHOooooooooooo! :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    @SoS - Not sure everyone got that this was supposed to be a 'fun' tounge-n-cheek post. :flowerforyou:
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Single Female, 27
    South Carolina

Likes - dirty jokes, sense of humor and ability to not take themselves too serious
    Dislikes - haters on this site, people who think they're better than others

Take that haters...just turned this thread into my own personal ad :drinker:

Hahahah! Atta girl, Britt!
  • mandapanda001
    mandapanda001 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I want to point out that there has been a lot of posts complaining about this site not being a social or dating site. I personally know of 3 friends who have gotten together because of this site. I am sure there are a lot of connections I do not know about. One friend is so freaking happy to have this person in their life, it is a beautiful thing to see people happy and find someone that gives them that wonderful feeling. Yes we may have come here for weight loss support but if someone finds more, then I think that is wonderful. I just want to say friendship, courtship and relationships and even love all have a funny way of coming in surprising places and packages. :bigsmile:

Well said!!
  • mandapanda001
    Options
    Although I agree somewhat I have noticed some trolling...those are people who are hitting up women more for want of hook up rather than support. That kind of makes me ill. But if you friend someone and find that you have a lot in common and you choose to date or you happen to fall in love its all gravy! Good for you. But if you happen to be a troll. ew, just ew.

Very good point and I agree 100%!
  • mandapanda001
    Options
    I strongly disagree. I hate the fact that so many people are dead set on trying to PICK people up on this site. Get off the computer and get a life.

Go to the gym, park or wherever you workout and open your mouth and stop tapping keys. Leave the good people of this site alone that want to just find like minded workout friends.

YOU ALL NEED TO EFFING GROW UP!!!!!

Undoubtedly... No one wants to be picked up when they are focusing on a goal, but at the same time... It's nice to be noticed after years of hiding. If I click with someone, I don't see a reason why I shouldn't start talking them on a social level.

No, I'd not push for a relationship from here, but I'm not going to ignore something good either.

Nicely said prophecy! I agree with your last statement the most about not pushing for a relationship but life is too short not to enjoy your life and meeting good decent people!