Replies

• tinglesby
    tinglesby Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    i am!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    It seems to be easier to find people that dont live near you....especially on here cause there are tons of people that have great qualities/similar interestes/amazing bodies.....ok i will stop now

agreed! i have come across a lot of guys here that seem to share the same values as I do but live far away. sigh.....
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    It seems to be easier to find people that dont live near you....especially on here cause there are tons of people that have great qualities/similar interestes/amazing bodies.....ok i will stop now

agreed! i have come across a lot of guys here that seem to share the same values as I do but live far away. sigh.....

Thats how it will always be....would be too easy for you if they were close right?
  • nolachick
    Options
    Single... and well... gay... it is surprisingly hard to find a guy that will accept and encourage my lifestyle change...

Ive done a compleat 180... i dont drink or smoke anymore... i go to the club to dance... not for trade or to drink... Ugh... this town of like a billion ppl is way to small. lol. (San Antonio)

Wow that sounded... umm... menstrual... I would say the B word but it would just get eddited anyway.

Right there with ya dude! Except I'm also middle aged now and well, I do still smoke, and wow my town has nowhere near a billion ppl....Ok, so I'm not really right there with ya, hey, gay and single too, that counts for something!! ;)

As for when people ask me why I'm single, I just tell the truth. "Because I'm fat, middle aged, and gay. They guys who are attracted to that....well they scare me...bad." Usually folks don't ask anymore. ;)
    well im not gay. but i cant find a good girl anywhere around here. so i feel on that. i know its really got be hard for yall....

what do you mean by good girl? i've always been a good girl - loyal,l trustworthy, giving, loving, caring, etc and it seems men don't like that. don't get me wrong i'm not a push over, i don't take anyone's BS.....just curious to know what u or any single guys are looking for.

Interesting because as a guy could have written your post word for word except to change the gender where needed.
    Have forever heard ladies say they want a nice guy but then go for anything but.

here's the thing, and i will admit this... i do want a nice guy, but not TOO nice to the point that they are shy or are push overs. I like a man with confidence - if you can be nice, polite, have good manners but still be confident and be able to kick some butt to defend your woman when the occassion calls for it --- then oh LORD :blushing: hahahahaha
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Single... and well... gay... it is surprisingly hard to find a guy that will accept and encourage my lifestyle change...

Ive done a compleat 180... i dont drink or smoke anymore... i go to the club to dance... not for trade or to drink... Ugh... this town of like a billion ppl is way to small. lol. (San Antonio)

Wow that sounded... umm... menstrual... I would say the B word but it would just get eddited anyway.

Right there with ya dude! Except I'm also middle aged now and well, I do still smoke, and wow my town has nowhere near a billion ppl....Ok, so I'm not really right there with ya, hey, gay and single too, that counts for something!! ;)

As for when people ask me why I'm single, I just tell the truth. "Because I'm fat, middle aged, and gay. They guys who are attracted to that....well they scare me...bad." Usually folks don't ask anymore. ;)
    well im not gay. but i cant find a good girl anywhere around here. so i feel on that. i know its really got be hard for yall....

what do you mean by good girl? i've always been a good girl - loyal,l trustworthy, giving, loving, caring, etc and it seems men don't like that. don't get me wrong i'm not a push over, i don't take anyone's BS.....just curious to know what u or any single guys are looking for.

Interesting because as a guy could have written your post word for word except to change the gender where needed.
    Have forever heard ladies say they want a nice guy but then go for anything but.

here's the thing, and i will admit this... i do want a nice guy, but not TOO nice to the point that they are shy or are push overs. I like a man with confidence - if you can be nice, polite, have good manners but still be confident and be able to kick some butt to defend your woman when the occassion calls for it --- then oh LORD :blushing: hahahahaha

I think guys get confused and maybe not as a push over exactly but do try to be nice because that is what we hear and don`t realize it easily becomes "too nice".
    The same thing with being a friend and then all of a sudden we become like a brother...not good.

I have often wondered at what point does nice become too nice.
  • musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    *slowly raises hand* Single here...recently single and hating it LOL sucks to be single and livin in a super small town were half the people are family!!
  • nolachick
    Options

I think guys get confused and maybe not as a push over exactly but do try to be nice because that is what we hear and don`t realize it easily becomes "too nice".
    The same thing with being a friend and then all of a sudden we become like a brother...not good.

I have often wondered at what point does nice become too nice.

yeah definately can't get into the friend/brother zone but by tooo nice its hard to explain. i'm not saying i want a guy to be an a--hole or disrespectful in anyway just has to be balance thats all. i try to be balanced really nice and considerate but not to the point that i'd let anyone use me or walk all over me. a good relationship should be give and take not just a one way road. hope that helps :)
  • nolachick
    Options
    oh and for the single ladies, found this article online. i love caroline manzo. and i think she gives some good advice here :)

How Do I Find a Good Man?
    February 11, 2011

Caroline Manzo puts the real in The Real Housewives of New Jersey, and her fans relate to the reality star's no-nonsense attitude, focus on family and, above all, abundant common sense. Check back at Glo every Monday as Caroline helps solve your most pressing dilemmas.

The Dilemma: "As a young lady in this era, what do I should look for when dating? What should be some guidelines for us younger women to keep in mind? And how are we supposed to know if a particular man can have great potential?" – Ashley

Caroline's Ruling: Oh my God, I love this question! Ashley, you've given me hope that there are still some kids out there today who have their heads on straight. It's so discouraging to see the standards of what makes a “good catch” these days. So much emphasis is placed on looks, money, cars, partying and living large. Listen, I get it: You're young, you should have fun and enjoy yourself, but one of these days you're going to wake up and realize you want more. It's called growing up.

If I could stress one point, it would be to take your time and don't rush into a relationship for the wrong reasons. Trust me, if you're 26 and single, it's not the end of the world; you've got a couple of good years left in you!

A great-looking guy/girl is certainly nice, but outward beauty fades over time. A beautiful person on the inside will always shine and be beautiful in your eyes. If you can get both, jackpot! If not … jackpot! Remember, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

You need to evaluate what you want out of life. If you want to have a home with a white picket fence and children, I wouldn't suggest you date someone with a profile on gigolo.com. People generally don't change after a certain point in life, and the biggest mistake you can make is thinking that marriage will mold your partner into what you want them to be. Obviously there are some things that may change, but a complete 180? Not gonna happen. ...Read More

I'm going to share something with you that I always was very conscious of when dating. It was very important to me that the person I ultimately wound up with shared the same goals as I did. I wanted a family. I wanted someone who would respect me for who I was and not what they wanted me to be. I wanted someone who would always make me feel safe and loved. I wanted someone to encourage me to follow my dreams and help make them a reality. I wanted someone with a good work ethic so my children would be provided for. I wanted someone who would make me laugh. In turn, I would do the same for him. To me it was about mutual respect, encouragement, teamwork, communication, sharing a common goal and, most of all, commitment. <========= COULDN'T AGREE MORE :heart:

I still laugh when I think about it. I found this in a heavy guy named Albert who had his hair parted on the side, wore a giant gold medallion and couldn't put an outfit together to save his life. To me he was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen.

We suffered some growing pains along the way for sure, but 30 years later we have three gorgeous kids and live a good life. He's bald but thinner, and I'm no longer 94 pounds and have a couple of wrinkles on my face and some cellulite here and there. He tells me every day how beautiful I am, and when he tells me my eyes are beautiful, I know it's because I'm looking at him. It's been a long journey filled with ups and downs, laughter, tears, heartache and triumph.

The moral of my story? I kissed some toads before I found my prince; he's not perfect, but he's perfect for me. Take your time and find your perfectly imperfect person who will make your heart smile whenever he walks into a room.
  • CriticalX
    CriticalX Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    well its finding the right person for u here thats a good girl. i mean they all may be good girls. just not good girls when that not interested in u really.
  • nolachick
    Options
    well its finding the right person for u here thats a good girl. i mean they all may be good girls. just not good girls when that not interested in u really.

huh? did u just completely dodge the question? :grumble:

what are u looking for in a girl? period.
  • CriticalX
    CriticalX Posts: 212 Member
    Options

normal things plus a good girl. that has time for a relationship and its important to her and a girl that make plans and shows up. that dont lie bout everything. dont play games. i can have lots of girl being jerk. but guess what i dont like the girl if im being a jerk.
  • Carl01
    Options

I will answer.
    A lady that is intelligent and strong but not manipulative or btchy all the time.

Attractive to me and happy to be together just because...someone that is nice and will let me be me as I would let her be her.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options

I will answer.
    A lady that is intelligent and strong but not manipulative or btchy all the time.

Attractive to me and happy to be together just because...someone that is nice and will let me be me as I would let her be her.

maybe *****y just part of the time?
    Hey Carl
    :tongue: :flowerforyou:
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options

I fit the bill quite nicely. Still looking for Ms. Right myself. Don't know exactly what I am looking for but I know it isn't what I have found.
  • chrissy_824
    chrissy_824 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Single :smile:
  • samcee
    samcee Posts: 307
    Options
    The longest time I've ever been single was 1 year since I was a teenager. I'm 28 year now and feel like I need a break and live for myself a little. Don't need the drama! So yes, single, getting use to it and sticking to it for now!

I can so relate! Prior to my last relationship ending last October, I'd been in six relationships since I was 19 (I was almost 27 when the last one ended) and I'd been single for ~a little less than a year in that time, but not even a year straight, a year collectively if I add up the time between relationships; at *most* a few months straight between relationships. I reeeaalllly need this break!

:heart: -- Juliet

Hope you enjoy your singleton! It's a joy and breath of fresh air even though it doesn't feel like that at first. I've been single since last november just before my birthday (just my luck, lol). I think my problem is that I'm never really friends with the guys I date, it always start with intense passion/lust and mad promises but once that dies down, you realize you have nothing in common. I think I need to be more careful in my future dates and make sure to start slow as friends first. It's hard to stay logical when you've fallen for someone. Must break the cycle!
  • nolachick
    Options

I will answer.

A lady that is intelligent and strong but not manipulative or btchy all the time - *looks around the room and shyly raises hand*

I have been told that it will be hard for me to find a guy that won't be intimidated by me cuz i'm young, intelligent and strong. And no i'm not manipulative or btchy. I would much rather a guy treat me right and do nice things becuz he WANTS to not cuz I told him to.
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options

I will answer.

A lady that is intelligent and strong but not manipulative or btchy all the time - *looks around the room and shyly raises hand*

I have been told that it will be hard for me to find a guy that won't be intimidated by me cuz i'm young, intelligent and strong. And no i'm not manipulative or btchy. I would much rather a guy treat me right and do nice things becuz he WANTS to not cuz I told him to.

Do I send you my resume???
  • nolachick
    Options

I will answer.

Do I send you my resume???

haha u may apply within :bigsmile:
  • Carl01
    Options

I will answer.

maybe *****y just part of the time?
    Hey Carl
    :tongue: :flowerforyou:

You know what I meant Kim. :smile: :smooched: