5'3" to 5'4" and 100-110 pounds

Options

Replies

• chelsiejwolfe
    Options
    Sorry! I forgot to include this:

SW: 125
    GW: 115 (We will see how this goes!)

I'm mainly wanting to lose inches in my upper thighs and lower back. I'd also like to see definition back in my abs (if at all possible), arms, and legs. I'd like to look better in my clothes and feel better about myself.
  • tiffanyhyunjoong
    Options
    Im 5'3 and my goal weight is 110 lbs
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    5'3"
    SW - 185
    CW - 107
    GW - 105
  • Joebob8
    Joebob8 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me feel like i must be such a fat blob! I am 5'3, 123, gw 117. I am at 19.5% body fat so I think that's the lowest I can ever achieve without losing my precious muscles. But I also think it depends on frame, I have a friend who is my height and looks very healthy at 99 pounds so its not really worth it for any of us to judge.
  • akittyoncoke
    Options
    Hey guys,
    I'm 5'4.5'' and currently 113lbs.
    I've been trying to get down to 105 for a half year, but I feel like I've made no progress. For some reason, my body refuses to change weight; the highest I've been is 118 and lowest (since starting) is 107. I feel extremely discouraged because there isn't a noticeable difference between when I'm being super healthy and being super unhealthy.
    I love food and am a dancer and runner. For anyone who says I should just be satisfied at where I am, I put on fat in awkward places, so I don't personally get "curvy". I have a smaller waist and more noticeable curves when I'm thinner (believe it or not).

Tips? I'm so glad there's a thread like this!
    Thanks!
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2.75" (yes those fractions are important.) And my weight fluctuates between 105-110. I am not looking to lose weight (if I go below 105, my face starts looking gaunt...the perils of being over 40), but would like to build a bit of muscle (currently around 20% body fat). I'd like to look a little less soft.
  • runnergirl0419
    runnergirl0419 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4'' and 120 pounds! I can't seem to get under the 120 mark. I run or exercise everyday and try to stay clear of carbs. How many calories do us short girls REALLY need to consume to get past that plateau? I have been stuck at 120 for about 10 days.
  • manicautumn
    manicautumn Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    5'0.

HW: ~145
    SW: ~134
    CW: ~131
    GW: 110

Feel free to add me!
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    5'3.75" guy here Currently 137 ish, goal weight is 120 to 125 (depends more on how I feel and look at that range than the actual number).

All my sisters are shorter than I am, so the weight range you girls going for seems perfectly fine/normal for me. At our height range, frame really makes a huge difference on what weight we should go for!
  • KelseyDiane91
    KelseyDiane91 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 2" and currently 138.6 looking to get to 110!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    i totally agree with how hard it is for us to lose weight.

our bmr is only about 1200/1300 which means if we are having a rest day we should only really eat around 1000 to lose weight!

Your BMR = staying in bed all day....or in a coma.

A couple of things...

You do NOT need to eat less than BMR to lose weight. If you want to lose (mostly) fat....then you need to eat enough to maintain lean muscle mass....under BMR is fat+muscle loss.

Most young- petite women have a BMR higher than 1200. 1,000 is very difficult nutritionally....you have to be almost perfect.

Most (young) petite women have a higher BMR
  • LilMissRaptr
    LilMissRaptr Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and currently weight 146.5 lbs. I was 151, and I'm aiming for 126 lbs. I have 32FF's so I know that adds to my weight, I also have muscle from my job which adds weight. I don't think I could ever get back down to even 110 which is what I weighed in high-school, with like zero fat and zero muscle. :( It's frustrating because all this extra bulk makes me feel less feminine and pretty.
  • demonsheep
    demonsheep Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Exactly ^
    My maintenance caloric intake is about 1550.
    I'm shorter than the rest of you...I'm 4'10.5-4'11, my GW is 100 and my CW is 111.5
    I know I could probably get down below 100 and still be considered healthy but at this point it just sounds ridiculous. Under 100 would make me sound like I'm a kid.
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 3.5" and my goal is currently 130 but I may want to drop to 125. My starting weight was 250 and I am currently 135. I have been overweight my entire life so this is really new for me! I think my loose skin is masking a potential flatter tummy because there is no skin tension to hold my bit of fat so I have a roll. I will have to drop more body fat to get the results I want. My plan once I lose more is to eat slightly above maintenance and lift heavy. I have had spine surgery and I still live with chronic pain so I will be looking for modified exercise I can do when the time comes. I agree with everyone that the final stretch is so slow! I started out losing about 8-10 pounds a month at my heaviest and now I am lucky to lose 2-3 pounds a month. I eat about 1300 a day and my only exercise is walking since that is what my back allows right now.
  • kaikaibeachtime
    kaikaibeachtime Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm 5'4 and 119. I really want to get back down to 110. I run about 7 miles 6 days a week and am trying to eat a net of 1200 a day but the weekends are so hard!
  • ekaube595
    ekaube595 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'1.5" and my goal weight is 100-103 lbs. Currently at 109 lbs. I kickbox/HIIT, run and bike but emotional eating brings me back up. I've been 100103 before so trying to get back...
  • eliane_pozi
    Options
    Hey everybody. I'm 5 ft 4.75, nearly 5ft 5, and currently weigh 140lbs. I'm down from being 148lbs. After being treated for bipolar disorder I was given olanzapine, weight gaining meds plus being in hospital, I went from being 110lbs to 148lbs. My goal weight is to get back to 110lbs.
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I am right at 5' 3 1/2;" however, my best weight is 112. I was 110 this past winter, and I didn't like 110 because I had too little volume in my bustline.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4'' and 120 pounds! I can't seem to get under the 120 mark. I run or exercise everyday and try to stay clear of carbs. How many calories do us short girls REALLY need to consume to get past that plateau? I have been stuck at 120 for about 10 days.

10 days is not a plateau.

Carbs are not the enemy. Calories in vs out. For everyone. Even us short girls. Course, I'm 5'3.5" and 120 lbs and I'm bulking to 130 lbs. I don't want to be under 115 lbs.

I lost weight at around 1900 calories.
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Well Im 5'6 but i have a small frame. yes i do want to lose a few.
    highest weight- 124
    lowest weight- 106
    goal weight #1- 115
    Goal weight #2- 105
    current weight- 118
    ultimate goal weight- 95:)
    (i wanna be a model)

Sorry, but that is just gross. That is anorexic.

Well I knew a girl 5' 6" and 100, another girl 5' 6" and 105 and their weight looked just fine on them. Both were happy with their size. They were indeed model-thin. Both never dieted, never exercised. They were both naturally thin because even though they ate fattening food (the 105-lb. girl never ate any vegetables/fruits), they ate very small portions because they had a small appetite.

Personally, I don't want to be that thin. It looks fine on some people. Why do people hate on those of us dieting to lose a few vanity pounds? Haterz, maybe you're irritable 'cause you're hungry, go eat something.

I am very close to goal! I started my diet July 5, but I haven't weighed myself at all.while on the diet, so I haven't updated my ticker. When I think I have reached goal, I'll weigh myself then. and proudly display my new updated ticker.