5-7 people for running support, motivation, encouragement

Options

Replies

• tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Everyone must of had a busy weekend!! no posts. Well just saying hi. Did a 3 mile walk over the weekend. My knee is still acting up.I had to put my old knee brace back on and everything :grumble: Went to the doc this morning and he said to take it easy for a week. Not working out for so long (due to pregnancy) my muscles are weak in some areas and strong in others so it's pulling on my knee cap making it hurt. So anyone know and good exercises for the outside of your leg other then abduction leg extensions?
  • FJMilner
    FJMilner Posts: 407
    Options
    Ive spent the Easter break with family so got very little running in. Did 5.5 miles on Friday but nothing since (although done 30DS twice)....back on it tomorrow.....run after work, hoping to do 5.5 or more xx
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Everyone must of had a busy weekend!! no posts. Well just saying hi. Did a 3 mile walk over the weekend. My knee is still acting up.I had to put my old knee brace back on and everything :grumble: Went to the doc this morning and he said to take it easy for a week. Not working out for so long (due to pregnancy) my muscles are weak in some areas and strong in others so it's pulling on my knee cap making it hurt. So anyone know and good exercises for the outside of your leg other then abduction leg extensions?

I like your new picture! Sorry to hear your knee is being a pain (literally). I'm not sure what abduction leg extensions are.... ??
    I know that there's some controversy around Tracy Anderson's training method - but she has a post pregnancy DVD that's good for tightening up abs and it also has some great hip/leg/thigh work and a bit of arm work as well. It's one of my favorite workouts because the results come so quickly. Hope your knee is back in working order SOON!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Ive spent the Easter break with family so got very little running in. Did 5.5 miles on Friday but nothing since (although done 30DS twice)....back on it tomorrow.....run after work, hoping to do 5.5 or more xx

EGG-sellent job! (Yeah, corny, I know). Glad you had time with your family over easter. :)

I'm also trying to incorporate different exercises so my motivation stays up. I did the 30DS today and I think I may do 6w6p this evening. Tomorrow will be either a run or the DVD I mentioned in my previous comment to tlcAK. Also planning to get some zumba in this week. I think my goal will be to get 2 runs in between today (Monday) and Saturday. Wish me luck! :)
  • tlcAK
    Options

EGG-sellent job! (Yeah, corny, I know). Glad you had time with your family over easter. :)

I'm also trying to incorporate different exercises so my motivation stays up. I did the 30DS today and I think I may do 6w6p this evening. Tomorrow will be either a run or the DVD I mentioned in my previous comment to tlcAK. Also planning to get some zumba in this week. I think my goal will be to get 2 runs in between today (Monday) and Saturday. Wish me luck! :)

Good luck! It will be nice to mix it up! I tend to get bored really fast with exercise dvd plus it makes you work different areas when you do different dvds. I think you'll have fun with it.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Got another 8kms in today - Repeated C25k Week4 x 2
    I held up for the 5 min jogs, and I felt good today, and I felt that I could have gone further.
    That's a great feeling.

I just started the C25K program today. Do you like it?
    Hi tlcAK.
    Yep so far I'm enjoying it. I wouldn't have been able to push myself as much if I didn't do it. When I tried/started to jog. I just walked and then jogged for 10, 20 or 30 secs, and then walked again. C25K program has helped me pace better, and improve my jogging times.

I sorta felt bad this weekend with easter dinners etc, and I didn't get a workout in on the weekend.
    Sunday night, went for a jog at night.

Last night I went for another 8km jog - C25K Week4 and W5D1 -

Smiles4miles - I sorta know what your saying. Since I quit smoking 2 months ago (25 year old smoker), I've been wanting to get out and jog more. Last night, the air was crisp, and I just felt great as the sweat was just dripping down my face listening to some good tunes.
  • tlcAK
    Options
    My knee is finally feeling better! Yeah...still going to take it easy this week and start fresh on Sunday! Hope everyone is having a good running day!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    HI! :smile: Mind if I join? I've been in a bit of a slump lately and think getting back into running will really help. I've been running off and on since last summer when I did the C25K program. I remember how good it felt every time I would accomplish something new - pushing myself further, running faster, etc., and also how good it would feel to just get out and connect with my body through running. I want to get back in touch with that!!

I'm actually running a 10k this weekend that I signed up for a few months ago. I'm pretty nervous about it because I haven't been running very regularly over the last month or so. I ran 10k around my neighborhood last weekend in about 75 minutes (that's with a little bit of walking thrown in, probably not more than 10 minutes worth) - I'd love to run the 10k this weekend in 70 minutes or less. I'm hoping the crowd and energy from the run will help push me.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I'm sure someone has mentioned this but join the MFP Runners Club located in the fitness and exercise board. Anyway I have found that the runners club is made up of all kinds of runners from those just starting to those who run marathons regularly and they are a great resource when questions arise or you need a boost :wink:
  • mymadori
    mymadori Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys, Sorry I've been so absent. I was glad to see so many people still posting. My motivation has been crap lately. Absolute crap. I've been eating horribly and craving chocolate and well, Sam (my name for my scale) is sure repaying me for it.

I did manage to get out and do 4 miles on Wednesday, but I really struggled through it- and even had to walk twice (which isn't normal for me). This is really not good because I've got my 5 mile race on Sunday. Even worse- today, it's going to be 72 degrees here in beautiful Colorado, but Sunday? High of 50...and like 30 degrees at race time. :-(

I am going to sign up for like three more races today- just to try to keep myself motivated. My husband's 20th high school reunion is 8 weeks from tomorrow- and I'd like to be able to lose 8-15 pounds by then.

Trenton- I saw you're in Aurora and you're doing a 10k this weekend? Which one is that? I'm doing the Cherry Creek Sneak.

tlcak- looks like you've already lost 13 pounds? That's great! Glad to hear your knee is feeling better.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options
    So I held myself to my plan yesterday and it was my first truly *good* day in quite awhile - great food choices and a good workout. I ran 2.5 miles in 27:07, plus walked a quarter mile each for warm up and cool down. Not my fastest time, but considering I ran the whole thing, it's under 11 min/mile, and I haven't been running regularly...I'm happy with it.

Tonight I'm going to do another run, probably a 5k. I think I'll take advantage of the nice weather (assuming there are no storms clouds rolling in this evening) and run around my neighborhood. Normally I take Fridays off, but since I have a 10k race on Sunday, I'm taking Saturday off instead. I also haven't been working out as much as I should've been lately, so I feel like I need to push myself to get one more run in before the 10k.

Mymadori - I wish I was doing the Cherry Creek Sneak... a bunch of my coworkers are signed up for that, but I had already signed up for the Colorado Marathon's 10k (they do a full marathon, half, 10k, 5k). It's up in Fort Collins. I hope it's not *too* cold on Sunday - my race starts at 7am :sad: I'm NOT a morning person, so I guess it'll be an early bedtime for me on Saturday.

I think I may sign up for another 10k - the Boulder-Boulder, in Boulder, Colorado. It's at the end of May - since I'm trying to re-dedicate myself to running, it would be fun to compare my time from this weekend's 10k to my time on that one, a month later.
  • tlcAK
    Options
    Hi Guys, Sorry I've been so absent. I was glad to see so many people still posting. My motivation has been crap lately. Absolute crap. I've been eating horribly and craving chocolate and well, Sam (my name for my scale) is sure repaying me for it.

I did manage to get out and do 4 miles on Wednesday, but I really struggled through it- and even had to walk twice (which isn't normal for me). This is really not good because I've got my 5 mile race on Sunday. Even worse- today, it's going to be 72 degrees here in beautiful Colorado, but Sunday? High of 50...and like 30 degrees at race time. :-(

I am going to sign up for like three more races today- just to try to keep myself motivated. My husband's 20th high school reunion is 8 weeks from tomorrow- and I'd like to be able to lose 8-15 pounds by then.

Trenton- I saw you're in Aurora and you're doing a 10k this weekend? Which one is that? I'm doing the Cherry Creek Sneak.

tlcak- looks like you've already lost 13 pounds? That's great! Glad to hear your knee is feeling better.

Good luck. I know you'll get through it!
  • tlcAK
    Options
    So I held myself to my plan yesterday and it was my first truly *good* day in quite awhile - great food choices and a good workout. I ran 2.5 miles in 27:07, plus walked a quarter mile each for warm up and cool down. Not my fastest time, but considering I ran the whole thing, it's under 11 min/mile, and I haven't been running regularly...I'm happy with it.

Tonight I'm going to do another run, probably a 5k. I think I'll take advantage of the nice weather (assuming there are no storms clouds rolling in this evening) and run around my neighborhood. Normally I take Fridays off, but since I have a 10k race on Sunday, I'm taking Saturday off instead. I also haven't been working out as much as I should've been lately, so I feel like I need to push myself to get one more run in before the 10k.

Mymadori - I wish I was doing the Cherry Creek Sneak... a bunch of my coworkers are signed up for that, but I had already signed up for the Colorado Marathon's 10k (they do a full marathon, half, 10k, 5k). It's up in Fort Collins. I hope it's not *too* cold on Sunday - my race starts at 7am :sad: I'm NOT a morning person, so I guess it'll be an early bedtime for me on Saturday.

I think I may sign up for another 10k - the Boulder-Boulder, in Boulder, Colorado. It's at the end of May - since I'm trying to re-dedicate myself to running, it would be fun to compare my time from this weekend's 10k to my time on that one, a month later.

I'm so jealous of everyone's races coming up. I'm still recovering but plan to run this weekend. Good luck on your races. You'll do great!
  • tlcAK
    Options
    Have a good weekend everyone. Hope everyone who is racing has a good race! I'll get there eventually!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Hi everyone!! Trent, I'm so happy to see you on here. :) will be thinking of you and mymadori this weekend. Exciting stuff!! Just a thought but what time / day will you be running? I wonder if it's feasible with the time difference to go for a tribute run here?
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    By the way, I haven't been a complete slacker this week. I've done 6 days of 30 day shred, a couple of days of ab work, went to a zumba class.... But I haven't fit my run in!!!! It's a gorgeous day for it here. Guess that's my cue! Happy Friday friends. :)
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options
    Hi everyone!! Trent, I'm so happy to see you on here. :) will be thinking of you and mymadori this weekend. Exciting stuff!! Just a thought but what time / day will you be running? I wonder if it's feasible with the time difference to go for a tribute run here?

Hmm... unless you're a *really* early riser, not sure I see that happening, lol. My race is at 7 am Mountain time on May 1st, which would be 4 am your time, I think... You could always run later and just call it a tribute run anyways. :tongue:

tlcAK - hope you're rully recovered soon and running rull speed ahead. (literally and figuratively... :laugh: )
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Hey Trent,
    Nice to see you in this thread - Good luck with race this weekend. I'm sure with the fans and more people, it will give you that extra energy.

I've been looking at races again, I guess I should enter a 5k before I enter a 10k ?
    Repeated C25k W5D1 again yesterday, only did 4kms.

Will attempt W5D2 tonight or tomorrow with another 8kms around the block.

Smiles4miles - I know that same feeling. I want to and have restarted P90x, but when it's nice outside, I don't want to stay inside and do a workout - time to go outside.

Have a great Friday everyone.
  • mymadori
    mymadori Posts: 28 Member
    Options

Smiles- My race starts at 9:15 mountain time. That would be pretty cool if we all signed up for races, and if we're not in our own, we do tribute runs on behalf of each other. :-)

Trenton- Have you ever run the BolderBoulder before? If not- you absolutely HAVE to run it. It is the most fun race EV.ER. I ran it for the first time last year. You run through neighborhood streets in Boulder and people hang out in front of their houses and do the strangest things! For example, last year, people would hand out free food as you run past their house. I saw donuts, bagels, bacon and beer! Little kids squirt you with sprinklers and water guns. People put slip and slides in front of their house and encourage you to go for a quick slide before you continue running. They have like 20 live entertainment acts along the route- jazz bands, belly dancers, magicians... they throw marshmallows at you... heck I even saw a group of dudes in their driveway rocking out on their guitars, singing and one more thing- they were dressed in feetie pajamas with the fake behind on the back! It is such a blast! Not to mention, you get to finish by running your last quarter mile on the track inside CU stadium with thousands of spectators cheering you on!

What's a girl got to do to motivate Thumper and Smiles to sign up for a 5k? :-)
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    What a girl has to do is describe the BolderBoulder, I guess!! That sounds like a blast!!!

Baby steps for me now... What is your favorite color (madori and Trent) ?? I'll wear something of each color and do 5 k in tribute - and try to get a pic to post! He he ... That sounds like fun. If anyone takes your pic in the actual race, post up!!! :)