"Fat" clothes - keep em or burn em

Options

Replies

• kaveril422
    kaveril422 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I actually hadn't even thought about it until now. I guess I could donate them, I will save one pair of Jeans, because I too want a picture of me standing thinner in my size 24s. I don't know if I will be able to get in one leg, but I definitely will be holding them out in front and grinning from ear to ear! I also want to have them to remember what size I never want to be again.
  • mommacool
    mommacool Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I am saving the biggest pair of pants I had, so I can hold them up in front of skinny me, and the rest are going out the door as fast as I out-shrink them! (that would be the opposite of outgrow. LOL!) I have some in a bag right now to go for donations. Bye bye!!
  • OnionCookie
    OnionCookie Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I kept one outfit as a reminder for how far I've come (and where I don't want to go back) and donated the rest. XD Once in a while when I'm feeling down, I just pull out the fat clothes and realize I've done so much and if I worked hard doing that, then I can finally achieve what I really want (and keep the weight off). Corny I know but it works.
  • sarahc001
    sarahc001 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I'll let you know when I (outshrink?) mine. (Not there yet!) But in all seriousness, you should probably just keep one pair of pants as a reminder of how far you have come.
  • PrincessLacey
    Options
    I threw a lot away (my mom wasn't to happy about that but I was!!),i've got another bag in my closet and gave some to my best friend.
  • Strawberry34
    Options
    Well, to be honest....and I don't mean to be a downer here. But I once lost 86 lbs. and then I had to have surgery on my back, and I gained it all back plus some!! I had given all of my fat clothes away, because that's what everyone said to do. So, I've had to buy different wardrobes, different times. I'm sure my situation is unique, I just thought I would throw this in. Don't know if you anticipate any type of surgery in the future or not. I'll probably give em away again, if I ever get this weight off. But it really has cost a lot of money!!
  • wannabefit4life
    Options
    I kept one pair of jeans (size 26) not only as a reminder but to take a final picture in when I reach my goal weight! Everything else has been donated.
  • namrettik
    namrettik Posts: 127
    Options
    I'm keeping what used to be my largest - and most comfortable - jeans just for the wow factor. The rest, I suppose, can be donated or given to friends going through their own weight changes. I have a couple friends who are ahead of me weight-wise who pass down their clothes to me. I love it! Less shopping, less money!
  • LeonaB17
    LeonaB17 Posts: 304
    Options
    Don't get me wrong - I am all for donation too. I have donated a ton of clothing in excellent condition b/c I didn't wear it long! I am only hanging onto some of the biggest clothes, a few 4x shirts, a couple of the 28 pants, extra wide shoes,etc. and a few more items. I mostly kept clothes with the strongest memories and emotions attached. But all of my step down clothes 3x, 2x, 26's 24's 22's etc I have donated.

I personally would never burn clothes unless they were so worn no one could use them - to me that would be wasteful. But I've heard of people doing so after losing weight almost as a celebratory ritual.
  • 123nikki123
    123nikki123 Posts: 527
    Options
    Burn them, cut them, do whatever it takes to get rid of them!
  • rblauvelt7
    rblauvelt7 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I plan on donating most of them, but I plan on keeping some of my nicer things for when my hubby gets home and we try for another baby. I don't want to have to buy more maternity clothes!
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    One of my best friends is losing weight too. It took me a while to get rid of my bigger clothes.. but once I finally decided to go through my closet I was a size 18 from 24. So I gave her all the clothes I had from 20-24. She is in the 20's now and working her way to size 18. I am now in a 14, so I told her once she gets to 18, I will give her more clothes :) I know how expensive it is to always be buying clothes. And I told her when she is done with them to try to pass them on to someone else the same way and if she can't, just donate them.
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I've been donating as I go. Then I have nothing to return to. I've saved the biggest pants and shirt I had, but that's it.
  • kittyinaz
    kittyinaz Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    First way to go on keeping out of those clothes for 3 years! Second, I would burn the outfit you hated the most! The one that you always hated to wear but had to because of your weight! Then donate the rest! :)

I will do this with my stretch pants!! Ohh yes. I HATE my stretch pants.

The rest I will donate. However, I still have a LONGGG way before I'm even out of my stretch pants and into jeans again :( *sad*
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Donate them. I will keep 1 pair of pants just for....motivation to never be that big again though and to show off lol :D

Burning sounds like a good idea! haha...but I hate all my clothes.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I donated all mine!
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Battered women's shelters always need clothes. They wisk women and children away without anything but the clothes on their backs sometimes. That's what I plan on doing with mine :)
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Donating them is a great idea. However, I always believe that women in their child bearing years should hold onto some of them to wear during maternity leave. Pregnancy is for a short period of time, so I'd rather not spend a lot of money on clothes during this time.
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    i'd definitely get rid of them!
  • happybunnysbabe57
    happybunnysbabe57 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    my mommy is a little bigger then me but she is losing weight too. so we decided that when i get to small for my clothes i pass them to her. i think that she is gonna pass them to her friends to that as we work together to lose weight we all dont have to buy a new wardrobe every couple lbs. i dont have to buy clothes cuz i never gave away much of my old clothes i just keep putting them in the back of my closet. so it is a win win for all..
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!