MISSDEEHERE'S ONE WEEK CHALLENGE~FOR SHORT TERM GOALS

Options
Sat 03/26/11 11:06 PM
:drinker: WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!! READY FOR ANOTHER WEEK?????? :drinker:

:heart: MISSDEEHERE'S ONE WEEK CHALLENGE~FOR SHORT TERM GOALS :heart:
FOCUSING ON ONE WEEK AT A TIME, WHEN THE BIG PICTURE SEEMS TOO OVERWHELMING.......

FOR THE WEEK OF: April 3 to April 9, 2011

I'M MOTIVATED & LOSING AGAIN!! AND SO ARE THE OTHERS WHO PARTICIPATED! WHY NOT JOIN US??

Who would like to make a 1 week pact with us on what YOU need to work on?
Keep it simple & keep it reachable so you can increase weekly.

Focus on just this one week and commit to your choice of either........
examples (may be changed to fit your need)

1. Lose 1 or 2 pounds this week and post how & results by next Sunday

2. Exercise 100 minutes (or your choice) this week, and post how & results by next Sunday

3. Journal daily and & post results by next Sunday

4. Maintain my current weight & post results by next Sunday

5. Choose your own that you have the most problems with & post results by next Sunday

Make your week the week that works for you. Sun to Sat or Mon to Sun, whatever is YOUR week!

“Set new short-term goals. When you feel you've mastered the previous short-term goals you set for yourself, create some new ones. Remember this is a journey, not a destination. Accomplishing any goal, whether it's weight loss or anything else in life, requires a lifelong commitment. You will always have to set new goals and work on new areas even when you accomplish your big long-term goals.”

Thank you and you may friend me if you like, but please include a message in your friend request.

:flowerforyou: Anyone interested in joining us for another week, or a first week? :flowerforyou:

Good Luck to ALL!!

Replies

• missdeehere
    missdeehere Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    :sad: I REALLY NEED A GOOD WEEK :sad:

:drinker: My goal this week is to exercise 100 minutes & stay under calories.
    I still wanna have a nice losing week and hope to lose 2 pounds this week. I tried for 3 last week, and that didn’t work!

Week 6 Goal Stay within calories & Light Exercise & I did 5/5 days under & began Light Exercise (lost 1.4 lbs)
    Week5 Goal 120 min & I did 65/120 CHANGED TO Stay under Calories & I did 6/7 days (.4 gain due to injury)
    Week 4 Goal 120 min & I did 130 (lost 1.8 lbs)
    Week 3 Goal120 min & I did 140 (lost 1.4 lbs)
    Week 2 Goal 100 min & I did 135 (lost 2.2 lbs)
    Week 1 Goal 100 min & I did 120 (lost 3 lbs
  • Itisabouttime
    Options
    I'm joining!
    It's easier to stay motivated when you have to post your results :]
    My goal for the week will be to lose 3 pounds and stay under my calorie goal each day!
  • bethikabob
    bethikabob Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    So far I've cut my 3 mile walking/jogging to 35 min so I would love to get it below 30 min.
    Keep up with my 72 (or+) oz of water a day.
    And I'll have to weigh myself in the morning so I can lose at least 1 lb this week.
    Good luck and Good Night :flowerforyou:
    Oh! had another though, I keep telling myself to get to bed before 2 am, so if I'm home I'll be in bed with lights off by 1 am.
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    made my goal last week...aiming for another 2 lbs for this week.
  • Noz7
    Noz7 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies:)

My goals:
    1. Ride 40km
    2. Meet MFP calorie goal at least 5 days of the 7, with the other days not to exceed 1995 calories
    3. Play volleyball and soccer
    4. No cake, no softdrink - treats to be savoury
    5. Eat salad with healthy oil at least every second day
    6. Take my supplements every day

Good luck to everyone :bigsmile:
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday, everyone!!! I am starting my new week positively and a goal of mine is to STAY positive, even faced with frustrations and obstacles. :flowerforyou: I've reached my negativity quota for the month with my bad week last week.

Anyways, my goals are:
    1) Remain positive
    2) Exercise for 200 minutes
    3) Lose 3 pounds

Good luck on your goals everyone!

I am heading to a Red Sox kickoff party this afternoon. My best friend throws one every year. They haven't done well the first two games so let's see if they can pull a win today! :tongue: The only problem, though, is that my friend makes THE BEST meatballs and kielbasa and is serving Fenway franks, pizza, popcorn, peanuts... all baseball type food. I am bringing a fruit platter and rice cakes as alternatives! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: oh the life of a healthy eater! I will have ONE meatball and a bite of the kielbasa but I need to stay away from everything else. As long as I maintain that mindset, I should do okay (and keep in mind what happened when I ate the carrot cake last week, I will DEFINITELY be okay)!

Have a good day everyone!
  • cypridae
    cypridae Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Dee I could easily do your one week challenge. I already do everything on the list. Unlike everyone else I have consistent daily weight gains rather than losses. After 8 days on this site I'm over a pound heavier.
  • jenneyd
    jenneyd Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Spring break is this week. So my goals are simple. Do SOME SORT of exercise everyday, drink all my water, have fun, and don't gain weight! Not gaining any weight will be the hardest part. I plan on rollerblading next week, and I'm hoping this new form of exercise will confuse my body, and kick my metabolism up a bit! Taking my laptop with me so I can continue to log everyday.

Good luck everyone! Have a great inspiring successful week! XXX
  • swimgirl1006
    swimgirl1006 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello again, I managed to do 130/120 minutes exercise last week so I am going to stick with the 120 minutes as my goal for this week. Also,I am also going to work on making the best of my time and following the schedule of things I have to get done this week. As always please wish me luck and good luck to all of you amazing people here!
  • arwamya
    arwamya Posts: 304
    Options
    :sad: I REALLY NEED A GOOD WEEK :sad:

:drinker: My goal this week is to exercise 100 minutes & stay under calories.
    I still wanna have a nice losing week and hope to lose 2 pounds this week. I tried for 3 last week, and that didn’t work!

I need a good week too *hugs dee*

I really need at least 6 days gym class in a week I HAVE TO !!

my goal = 5 days of gym class :(

i had the same goal last week i went 4 :(
  • ttaylortulsa
    ttaylortulsa Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Great goals so far ladies!

My goals for the week:
    1: Workout 200 minutes - C25K 3 days, Jillian Michaels 30DS everyday starting Monday
    2: Stay under calories 5 of 7 days (loved this one!), cannot go over by 200 calories on 2 days
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Well ready to start another week! My goal for this week is to workout 200 mins and at least 12 miles. I have also been working on a 750 calorie deficit daily.
    So let's do this girls!! Let's have a great week!
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Can I do it? Can I reach my first mini-goal a week ahead of time?? WE SHALL SEE!

That is my goal for this week!!
  • Grandee47
    Grandee47 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Me too on needing a good week, MissDee!!!!! I'm doing great with the eating part, but the exericising part isn't going too well. Since the weather hasn't cooperated the last two weeks, I haven't gotten outside, and also my pedometer really bit the dust this week, my goal is two-fold:

Buy a new pedometer
    Record some kind of exercise every day.

SUNDAY - walked our 1.5 mile route in 30 minutes
  • wondergirl1003
    wondergirl1003 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I didn't check in yesterday on last week's board, so here's an update...

I felt so great about staying under my calorie goal for the whole week, and not having any soda untiiiiil... I treated myself to one. Definitely went over my calories yesterday (Del Taco, alcohol, soda), but 6/7 days is not bad, so I'm ok with that. I don't officially weigh in til tomorrow, so we'll see if yesterday did any damage (wondering how bad the beers are going to affect my loss).

This week my goals remain the same. Hopefully I can get a little more exercise in and start lifting weights again.

I'll be posting my weight loss -if any- tomorrow. Have a great week everyone!
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    45/200 today!

GREAT GOALS LADIES!!!!
  • missdeehere
    Options
    Me too on needing a good week, MissDee!!!!! I'm doing great with the eating part, but the exericising part isn't going too well. Since the weather hasn't cooperated the last two weeks, I haven't gotten outside, and also my pedometer really bit the dust this week, my goal is two-fold:

Buy a new pedometer
    Record some kind of exercise every day.

SUNDAY - walked our 1.5 mile route in 30 minutes

SAME HERE

I guess if your name has Dee in it, exercise seems more DEE..........ficult!!
  • missdeehere
    Options
    Can I do it? Can I reach my first mini-goal a week ahead of time?? WE SHALL SEE!

That is my goal for this week!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS YOU CANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!

Ang, you CAN & WILL do it!!
  • missdeehere
    Options
    45/200 today!

GREAT GOALS LADIES!!!!

GREAT START SUZ!!!!!!! OOPS ligntening........................ later
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Hey all i'm in again. I'm going to go big and have two goals. LOL!
    Goal #1: No more MFP at night, I've been staying up WAY to late surfing. So shutting down early everynight.
    Goal #2: This week Monday-Friday bring breakfast and lunch to work. Monay-Thursday eat at home.

I've been eating out a lot lately, so I want to try and regin that in and see it that helps get my daily totals back in line with my recommendations.

Have a great week ladies. Together we CAN DO THIS!!!