MISSDEEHERE'S ONE WEEK CHALLENGE~FOR SHORT TERM GOALS

Options

Replies

• msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I'm in and hope to up my exercise to 200 minutes. Good night!
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I might already break goal #2. The hubby wants to meet for lunch on Thursday he has two weeks left until he starts his new job. So small change. Smart choices when we eat lunch out :)

Have a great day everyone!
  • MAK_01
    Options
    Delete duplicate post :)
  • ram58miller
    Options
    Love to join in. Need to keep under calorie & walk eveyday.
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    2 miles / 12 for week
    40 mims/ 200 mins for week
  • blueviolet20
    blueviolet20 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't think I met any of my goals permanently last week. I lost 2 pounds, but it's all back. I didn't stay under on my calories, I exercised only half as much as I wanted to, and junk food was my friend :noway:

I'm still going to make some goals for myself though. Here they are:

1. Lose 2 pounds this week from my current 161.8, to put me under 160 and keep me under 160!
    2. Stay at or below my calorie budget from Tuesday till the 9th (I already blew it for today, that's why I'm starting tomorrow)
    3. Exercise at least 45 minutes each day from today till the 9th.
    4. Do 3 assignments a day from Tuesday to the 9th, making a total of 15 assignments completed.
    5. Cut out junk food (cookies, candy, pop, chips, pizza) from Tuesday to the 9th.
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Monday night check-in
    70/200 minutes so far this week
  • MAK_01
    Options
    Great job today Suz and Kris! You guys are rocking the minutes!

Monday check in:

#1 Did not eat out today, brought my breakfast and lunch to work, and hubby made dinner. We also set a menu for dinner's this week, and hubby did the shopping which should make not eating out easier this week.

#2 I'm going to log off now and read my new book.

Hope everyone had a great Monday. Looking forward to a new day tomrrow!
  • missdeehere
    missdeehere Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    MAK
    That's FANTASTIC!!

Good job ladies!! (well all here now re ladies anyway) LOL You are on the way to a GREAT weeK!!!

A week is NOT too long to look at an accomplishment!!

I got 60/100 and under each day so far!! :-)

:drinker: WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO:drinker:
  • Noz7
    Noz7 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Dee I could easily do your one week challenge. I already do everything on the list. Unlike everyone else I have consistent daily weight gains rather than losses. After 8 days on this site I'm over a pound heavier.

Hiya

Sad to hear that it isn't going well, I hope you have decided how you're going to progress from here. I just wanted to let you know that sometimes your body needs a few little 'tricks' to help it! I did a lot of reading to help me figure out how to effectively lose weight myself, so please understand that I haven't achieved my loss yet! I have made a good start though :)
    1. Increase your metabolism by:
    a) strength training for muscle, which burns energy even when you aren't using it. (Note your actual weight may increase as muscle weighs heaps)
    b) sprints rather than endurance exercise
    c) if you have a desk job, use your breaks for a brisk 10min walk, or run up the stairs!
    2. Do eat oil, it helps you stick to your goal, lose weight (literally), and keep it off after (literally). Avoid fried foods like the plague and aim for raw oil, so you could choose mayonnaise you make yourself in your blender with healthy oil that was cold pressed. If this is too hard, cold pressed olive oil in your salad is fine.
    3. Do supplement Calcium Magnesium, Flax seed oil and Vitamin E
    4. Zig zag dieting is designed to avoid your body going into starvation mode. In practice, eat your maintenance calories 1 or 2 times a week (for me, a 31 year old female, this is approx 2000 calories, maybe yours is less?). Other days, the lower goal, but never lower than 1200 calories.
    5. Do control your blood sugar by avoiding white carbohydrates like bread and pasta. If you are going to eat these, weigh them don't estimate.
    6. Consider allergies or other medical problems - my friend found she was badly allergic to wheat and had stacked on a lot of weight and could only lose it with a lot of hard work; same story with another friend who has Polycystic Ovaries (benefits from blood sugar being stable).

Best of luck :flowerforyou:
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Okay you guys...I need to STOP going out to eat! With my mom here we ended up grabbing food out more than anything then I did it AGAIN last night! Grrr. I'm never going to reverse this gain if I don't stop it!
  • KrisPage
    Options
    frustrated with tickers so putting stats below my signature
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Due to life happening while I was making other plans, I am off to a slow start this week (0/200 minutes) but still plan on making my goal. I know that I will be doing a lot of walking on Saturday, so that will help. Good luck to all with your goals this week!
  • KrisPage
    Options
    2 miles and 39 mins
    updated counts
    Calorie deficts
    Sunday 880
    Monday 705
  • blueviolet20
    blueviolet20 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    So far, so good. I'm still under on calories for today, I've gotten in an hour of walking, and I'm staying away from junk food. Now all I have to do is get cracking on those assignments!
  • Grandee47
    Grandee47 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    My goals for this week

Buy a new pedometer
    Record some kind of exercise every day.

SUNDAY - walked our 1.5 mile route in 30 minutes
    MONDAY - cleaned nonstop for 5 hours
    leisurely walk
    TUESDAY - Leslie Sansone 2-mile Walk the Walk
  • SuzMac1981
    Options
    Tuesday night check-in:
    90/200

I'm exhausted today so I am going to bed early!
  • KrisPage
    Options
    got another 17 mins playing wii active
    then helped the kids with new nick jr fit for wii they thought it was really funny to make Dora hula hoop and Diego skateboard. So this might be another way to get a little exercise in a fun way with the kids.
    :happy:
  • SuzMac1981
    Options
    I DID IT!!!!! Hit my first mini goal this morning (and then some)!!!!!!
  • MAK_01
    Options
    I DID IT!!!!! Hit my first mini goal this morning (and then some)!!!!!!

Great JOB!! So happy for you Suz!

Tuesday check in... Checking in on Wednesday because I didn't log in after bowling. Goal #1 - check
    Goal #2 still doing well. Brought breakfast and lunch to work, and it was a challenge, since the cafeteria at work had my favorite meal they serve (taco salad... YUMMMY). But I was strong and didn't give in, go ME!

Unfortunately I had a miss-step this morning, I stepped on the scale. After my over indulgent weekend I was up 2 pounds, so I thought I'd see how I am doing so far. Bad idea, I've only lost a half a pound of what I put on. I knew I shouldn't have stepped on the scale. I might need to hide that thing.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday :happy: