What are your favorite alternatives for 'sweets'?

Options
13»

Replies

• therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Grapes. Yoplait Yogurt.
  • arosegeo
    arosegeo Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    yogurt but im more of a salty girl so i have edemame with light salt ion them
  • cjnorman
    cjnorman Posts: 93
    Options
    once i cut out all refined sugars and sugar substitutes i find i no longer crave sweet stuff *S*

yeah..surprised me too cause i was a HUGE dessert lover (or was that lover of huge desserts? or both? *LOL*)

now.. if i need a sweetener i only use a touch of honey... so a 'sweet treat' to me now is a tiny drizzle of honey on a toasted thin bagel or bran muffin *S*

other than that i think my 'sweet' tooth is totally met now by the fresh fruits i eat.

i know it is unbelievable (for any who know me) but i no longer even crave chocolate *LOL*

I was the same way when I cut out sugar. Carrots were my candy. I have added sugar back in and now I have cravings once in a while. I am considering cutting it out again, but this time allowing myself starches.
  • cjnorman
    cjnorman Posts: 93
    Options
    My new favorite is the Emerald Cocoa roasted almonds...yum!

I LOVE those. So good.
  • arosegeo
    arosegeo Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    and carnation breajfast it kills my sweet needs all day
  • Paiche
    Paiche Posts: 92
    Options
    apple with splenda and cinnamon
    air popped popcorn with splenda and cinnamon
    fruit and nut trail mix
    dried cherries
    almost any fruit
    yogurt
    low calorie hot chocolate, regular, or blended with ice :)
    homemade coffee drinks. take ice, coffee, the little 30 calorie white chocolate mocha creamers, and some sugar free chocolate syrup and blend
    100 calorie pack cookies
    sugar free jellow or pudding with some fat free whip cream

just some ideas
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    My fav is a very small piece of very dark chocolate, 80% cacao or higher. I let it melt on my tongue, so it lasts longer. It is so rich, a small piece feels like a whole piece of cheesecake. Then I plan the rest of my day around the calories I've consumed.