How To Repair A Damaged Metabolism - Stavation Mode

Options

Replies

• AnnyaSB
    AnnyaSB Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Bump to re-read later...................

Thank you so much for a very informative article :happy:
  • NickPineault
    Options
    I thought I might chime in.

I learned from strength coach Jason Ferruggia that the best way to assess if you metabolism is slowing down, or "broken", is to take your body temperature with a digital thermometer.

It should read around 98.1 to 98.6 Fahrenheit if everything is normal. If your metabolism is under 97%, your fat loss ability could be impaired up to 30% +.

I wrote a report on how to do this, for those who are interested (shameless plug alert):

http://www.thefatlossanswer.com/weight-loss-blog/free-report-day3g/
  • Casey45
    Casey45 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Its by Tom Venuto and he has an online program called "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle" (BFFM). Google it and you will find it, its really informative and makes so much sense.

Thanks, will investigate.
  • bebreli
    bebreli Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • lightofjoy
    Options
    Really informative post! Thanks :-)
  • dougriffle
    Options
    I lost 41 pounds in 60 days by generally sticking to 1200 calories sometimes (probably 15-20 of those days) even less than 1000 calories and at the end of 60 days I had lost 38 pounds of fat and only 3 pounds of muscle despite the fact I did zero weight training. I always hear people talk about this starvation mode, but it has yet to come for me unless I should have lost 50 pounds in 60 days or something. I really don't buy that it is so easy for your body to go into starvation mode and sabotage your weight loss goals. I'm not a scientist, I don't know a lot about the human body, I can only go from my experiences, but by making each calorie count, even in those days when I was sub 1000 calories I still lost weight at a steady pace. I loaded up on Protein, kept fat and sugar low and the results told me I was doing a good job thus far.

Disclaimer: I am just a young dumb kid and ignorance is bliss, but until I actually see the effects of this starvation mode, to me it isn't completely non-existent, it just isn't as simple as eating less than 1200 calories a day or two a week. I certainly buy this theory though if a person were to eat less than 1200 calories 4 or 5 days a week.
  • Ginsuguy
    Ginsuguy Posts: 6
    Options
    bump for when I have caffine not alcohol in my blood.
  • BlessedTwice
    Options
    Thank You! I'm going to try this!
  • ST99000722
    ST99000722 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • whitesage2233
    Options
    bump
  • diinva
    diinva Posts: 57
    Options
    bump
  • DSCLBD
    DSCLBD Posts: 40
    Options
    BUMP
  • BurkeshireFarms
    BurkeshireFarms Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nortiekeeks
    nortiekeeks Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting. I will read again later when my brains woken up.

heehee, was thinking the same thing... :laugh:
  • jennifer783
    jennifer783 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you!
  • AeolianHarp
    AeolianHarp Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    lol what a bull crock article. Only good things about it is its advocation for weightlifting and diet breaks. Outside of that, frequent meals and carb cycling are horse dung and only serve to complicate life.
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Good post at explaining "starvation mode". Some of the other recommendations are always necessary. However, they certainly wouldn't hurt either.
  • Twins2007
    Twins2007 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    lol what a bull crock article. Only good things about it is its advocation for weightlifting and diet breaks. Outside of that, frequent meals and carb cycling are horse dung and only serve to complicate life.

LMAO!!! That's pretty much of I feel these days...I am SO tired of new "revelations" and this and that...
  • pstaceyca
    pstaceyca Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Bump...will read later!! :)
  • agbaeb
    agbaeb Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    bump - thanks!