What DON'T You Count?

Options

Replies

• baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I don't log gum... which actually probably adds up, but I'm not going to because it's assisting with a different goal.

Spices if I can't find the nutritional information (i.e. Kharcho :grumble: which I use a lot), though I may try to add up a few of the known spices in the blend if it's a recipe or combo I use a lot.
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options
    I don't log spices unless they have calories and I don't log my sinus medicine....everything else I log....I think I am becoming a little obsessive about looking at calories now! what a change!!!
  • daylilies
    daylilies Posts: 92
    Options
    So does that mean if I just eat things less than 10 calories all day... it doesn't count :):)
    hahaha jk
    I wish :(

Right! Have fun with that! ;)
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Gum, vitamins, random spoonfuls of children's food I can't be bothered to go hunting for in the recipe section. The whole lot probably add up to about 50 cals a day.
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I don't log water i drink or black coffee, which is pretty much all i drink in a daily basis.

I try and log spices but if they aren't on the database then i don't worry about it.
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Everything I eat or drink gets logged whether it has calories or not. Even if I just have one bite of something I roughly estimate how much it was and log it.
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    i log everything as much as i can, and try to stay under cal goal by some amount at least lol so i can be sure if ive forgotten some thing it wont matter too much :)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    i dont count any spices, not because i think they don't have calories (some of them have a few, ive discovered), but because its too fussy for me. if i want this to stick long after i get to my goal weight, i cant be fussier than i need to be. that's just me. i also don't log my 5 cal gum or cup of crystal light, because i dont have them that often, and i try my best to leave a reasonable buffer of at least 100 cals min every day to account for those kinds of inaccuracies (and the fact that i eyeball certain measurements that i feel i am comfortable enough with to do so).
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I don't log

Gum
    Steak Sauce
    Ketchup/Mustard
    Spices
  • BeyondApril
    BeyondApril Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I don't count sugarfree gum which is fine. But I also don't log when I TASTE stuff that I am cooking, and that is not fine!
  • leannediet
    Options
    Chewing gum, Coke Zero, 0 calorie sweetners
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I stopped logging my gum and Altoids. It wasn't that big of a deal...I rarely chew them anyway. I do spices but only because some have tons of sodium and also because depending on how much you use you can be well over 5 calories.
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I don't log my water intake. I know how much water I'm drinking and I log every other fracking thing I put in my mouth, so why bother?
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    If I eat (1) french fry, I dont log it, but only cuz i dont know how. like...when i steal one out of my boyfriends fries from a fast food place.
    Sometimes i log my artificial sweetner cuz it does have sodium to it (but not enough to change it too much so sometimes i bother, and sometimes i dont).
    Sometimes I log my 5cal gum. Sometimes I dont.
    But most everything else i always log, like down to i ate "1carrot" or "1grape" i still put it in. Even lemon wedges that r only listed as 1calorie, or garlic cloves that r 4calories.

As time goes by, Im getting more comfie with the process so I dont worry so much about that 1 carrot, or that 1grape... but at the beginning it was important to me so i did. Now im generally always way under calories so im not as worried about 5 or 10 calories.
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I don't log water...I'm drinking it all day long every day so I'm sure I get my "8 glasses" and then some:P
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Mostly gum or tea..I do drink a lot of coffee and use flavored creamer so after the first few cups I tend not to log it..and i should.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I don't log water...I'm drinking it all day long every day so I'm sure I get my "8 glasses" and then some:P

oh yeah, that too, me too.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    i dont usually bother logging my coffee, even though i have skimmed milk and sweetner in it.

If i log it, then i always get comments about how much i drink :O
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I don’t log my “chef bites” those little tastes of things that you do while cooking to check for seasoning and doneness. But because I have sodium issues, I do log any added salt. I don’t log spices in my diary (say a roasted chicken breast with dried oregano), but I do add them to my saved recipes.
  • veganbecky
    veganbecky Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I don't log my kids' vitamin bears which I eat instead of taking a grown-up vitamin. It's like a free little sweet treat. :)

I also don't always log my tea with agave nectar. I only put a few drops in and I don't really think the 10-15 calories is going to make or break my weight loss. I'm not very exact with my calories anyway. I'm not really one to get out the measuring cups or food scales, so I'm sure I'm off by more than a few calories per day already. I try to overestimate sometimes just to make up for it.