Options

Replies

• oprettinikki
    Options
    Way to go ladies!!
  • light1980
    light1980 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I still can't see the chart, but by reading everyone's comments I can see we lost a total of 73 pounds..that is great!!!! Keep up the good work ladies. I'm very nervous about weigh in the next 2 Mondays...I will be babysitting for a 17 year old with CP after work till 10 PM for the next 2 weeks after my real job, which means the only cardio I am really going to get is in the morning when I do my zumba and my eating has been awful...so hopefully next week will be a loss or stay the same...I am not really looking forward to weigh in..just having a blah month I guess. Hopefully I can get back on track as soon.

Hope everyone has a great week!! :-)

Are you using Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox? That might be the difference on why you can't see the chart? I use IE, and I don't have any problem seeing the chart. Might also be a block if you're looking at work? do you see the banner ads that run on MFP?

I'm using Mozilla Firefox, which is the program we have at work. When I get home, I will try it on IE...hopefully I'll be able to see the chart!!! Thanks!! :-)
  • valeriedent2
    Options
    Morning Pin-ups!

I have class tonight and I'm sooo not looking forward to going. Books are so stinking expensive and you can never get back what you paid for them.

Last nigh I did a 20 min run with a 5 min warm up, and 5 min cool down. I had about a 12 min mile which I was proud of for just starting off. My legs are so tired this morning though. I just want to curl up into a ball and sleep. Do you think anyone at work would notice? LOL

Goal for today: Today is a rest day for me because of class being so late tonight. Water water water, I feel bloated lately and I know it's because I'm noting hydrating myself enough.

Here's to a great Thursday Pin-ups!

Look into renting your text books. I use Chegg.com. You don't get any money back, like you do when you buy them and sell them back, but you don't pay as much out of pocket for them, either.
  • light1980
    light1980 Posts: 158 Member
    Options

-Long term: I want, no NEED, to surpass this weight. This is the lowest average weight I have EVER been in my adult life, and I'd like to see what I look and feel like at a weight and size that is healthy.

YAY!

I'm with you greatescape...this is the smallest I have been (153) in my adult life, and hopefully continue to drop at least 23 and then maintain that weight and healthy lifestyle for the rest of my life. And with this website, I know I will be able to do it!! :-)
  • valeriedent2
    Options
    So, had a follow up with my family Dr. today. I was down 4 lbs from when I was there two weeks ago!!!! Yippeeeee!!!!

She had ordered a whole slew of blood work on me to try to figure out why I've been so tired, and made some suggestions on changes for me to make as well, to see if I see any difference. (Those of you from the last group might remember me posting about exhaustion/fatigue).

Turns out, I'm good to go on everything except Vitamin D. I'm on the very, very low end of that. Really not surprising since I live in the north east.

But some of the other changes she suggested that I've implemented have also helped! I've increased my fiber pretty significantly, started sleeping with ear plugs in (my boyfriend snores HORRIBLY!), AND . . . . . contrary to popular belief . . . . . I STOPPED taking my multi-vitamin.

I've lost 4 lbs, and I'm feeling pretty darn good, so I guess it's the right thing to do for me! Now, to work on that Vitamin D thing!!!
  • js775219
    js775219 Posts: 98
    Options
    Good morning!!! Just wanted to do a quick check-in before I run off to the stairs...I ate close to 2,000 calories yesterday!!! WTF?!?!?! Like, there's is no excuse for that kind of gluttony, I mean I ate a 3 oz bag of Pop Chips (which for a huge back of chips were only 300 calories, but still...I could have stopped), Chinese Food and a deceptively "healthy looking" Raisin Oatmeal Cookie (I always thought that Oatmeal cookies were the good guys...h*ll no! That one little "good guy" cost me almost 200 calories!!!) but I drank tons of water (so no salt retention) and I had a very vigorous walk yesterday...so i came in at 242.2, and I'm hoping to break to 242 by next official weigh-in.

WE CAN DO IT!!!!!! HAPPY THURSDAY!!!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Okay, I've been 'kinda' back on track but not really. I need a set plan.

I'm setting my calories at 1400 for a 1lb/week loss.
    I'm also going to try and workout 6x a week.
    I want to burn at least 300cal each day, and anything over 300cal I will eat back.

This should 'theoretically' put me at about a 5300cal/week deficit or about 1.5lb a week loss.

I'm going to test this out for a couple weeks and see how my body responds.
  • MaryAnne1
    MaryAnne1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    So this last month I've been pushing myself harder with workouts, doing Zumba twice a week etc and my calories burnt is about 1000 higher a week then it was before, and.......................................I am no longer overweight!! I am now 'normal' with a bmi of 24.9 woohoo! It's taken me exactly a year to get from obese to normal, and i've lost 44 pounds so far, so keep at it everyone, I never thought that I would be able to do it!!
  • sassy_2280
    Options
    So this last month I've been pushing myself harder with workouts, doing Zumba twice a week etc and my calories burnt is about 1000 higher a week then it was before, and.......................................I am no longer overweight!! I am now 'normal' with a bmi of 24.9 woohoo! It's taken me exactly a year to get from obese to normal, and i've lost 44 pounds so far, so keep at it everyone, I never thought that I would be able to do it!!

Congrats! I can't wait to be normal!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Whoohoo! RIGHT on track with the plan I set for myself today!! :)
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    NSV for me today, and I appolgize if we are friends, because this is a repeat, but I'm so happy right now.

A shirt I bought about a month ago that was too tight on me is not fitting. And not a snug fit, but fiting nice, no rolls showing!! It's total motivation for me. I was getting discouraged this week and this totally got me back on track!! Woot Woot!!!

Happy Friday Pin-ups!
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Pin-Ups!

Congrats to everyone with their NSV and keeping your incentive going this week.

I too have a NSV I'm wearing my jeans today, I haven't fit into them since last fall.

Weekend is here once again....wooo hoooo

I'm planning on doing my run tomorrow morning with or without my new run partner while my daughter is at gymnastics.

Sunday we are having a family birthday dinner for my daughter, the first of three YIKES!!! My plan is to stay on track all day and enjoy a small slice of cake.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Karen
  • js775219
    js775219 Posts: 98
    Options
    Happy Friday ladies!!! I weighed in at 240 today, I haven't seen that number since before Christmas 2010, so I am pretty juiced about it. The weekends are the worse for me because I am trying to save money by not going out like I normally do but then I sit at home and eat and eat and eat (and well, you get it) but I'm going to try and use this plan for the weekend:

Friday (today): Grocery shopping, I have really gotten into "couponing" (lol...yea I watch TLC) and I have been getting ready to hit up my local Safeway and Lucky's where I am buying healthy but cheap food and trying to cook up a storm

Saturday: Walk to Farmer's Market (and try not to buy anything) just to get out of the house and go to the library to return all of my over-due books (I'm going to walk there, which is an hour long walk there and back)

Sunday: Clean the house, and get ready to plant my cabbage and whatever fruit I am going to plant, and do all of my homework

Hopefully, this will keep me too busy to sit around and eat and then I'll have a rockin' weigh-in on Monday

Happy Friday ladies!!!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    I'm really going to try my best to log this weekend and plan my days in the morning. I'm horrible about just 'going with the flow' and then I end up making poor choices. I'm also going to try to exercise at least one day this weekend...maybe both.

I weighed in at 175.6 yesterday and I'm hoping to hit 175 even, Monday morning!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Helinah26
    Helinah26 Posts: 288
    Options
    I'm really going to try my best to log this weekend and plan my days in the morning. I'm horrible about just 'going with the flow' and then I end up making poor choices. I'm also going to try to exercise at least one day this weekend...maybe both.

I weighed in at 175.6 yesterday and I'm hoping to hit 175 even, Monday morning!!
    :flowerforyou:
    you can do it Rach!!!!:D
  • andreamichelle82
    andreamichelle82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Forgot to bump this week's thread! I've been a zombie this week (bronchitis) living on carbs and soup (sodium) and no exercise. Not looking forward to the scale Saturday! Hopefully it will be water weight that I can shed with a little sweating :)
  • redruthie
    redruthie Posts: 77
    Options
    Hello fellow Pin-Ups! I'd like to wish all of you a fabulous weekend filled with wise, healthy food choices! Let's make sure to workout and track all of our food!
  • JennS19
    Options
    Got my workout on tonight on the treadmill. Took it up a notch to 4.4 and my calorie burn was up which was good. I'm trying to hit over 400 calories but i have a feeling I won't be able to do that in 30 min unless I'm running harder and faster. I'm just going to have to bump up my time to probably 40-45 total. I'll shoot for 20 min walking and 20 min running.

My calfs are so tight right now. I need a good stretch for them.
  • beeruin
    beeruin Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    NSV: My wedding ring fit this morning with both bands on and my finger didn't turn blue or require soap to take it off. :blushing:
  • JennS19
    Options
    NSV: My wedding ring fit this morning with both bands on and my finger didn't turn blue or require soap to take it off. :blushing:

That is a great NSV to have!!!!! :) Congrats!