SHORTY'S 12 Week Challenge! (Read more!)

Options

Replies

• RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Kristin thank you so much for doing this, I must say that I am amazed at the fact that in these weeks I have lost 5lbs that is awesome. And here I was thinking I had not lost much.

Definitely sign me up for the other one assuming you are still willing to host another one :smile:
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Bump, for later:bigsmile:
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    Morning Shorties!

I am at 134 today. It's almost a 3 pound gain from the last time I weighed in, but I guess that's what happens when you can't workout for 2 weeks. Also, I ate ice cream twice last weekend... yea, I deserve the gain, but it's so depressing because I was so close to getting out of the 130s.

Okay, back on track.
  • susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    I am weighing in this morning at 153.2. Everyone have a great day!!:happy:
  • WishComeTru
    WishComeTru Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Weighing in at 153 this morning... a 1.2 lb loss! When I first saw the number I was expecting a gain and was groaning until it registered that it was actually a loss.

I forced in some exercise even when I really didn't feel like doing it at all~ mostly walking this week even though it's so humid out. And to be honest, I either leave myself extra calories or work for extra calories each day so I can enjoy a sweet treat every night ~ a serving of light ice cream, a small slice of pound cake, etc. That helps keep me in check from binging when I avoid it all together.

Hope everyone had a great week!
  • WishComeTru
    Options
    Morning Shorties!

I am at 134 today. It's almost a 3 pound gain from the last time I weighed in, but I guess that's what happens when you can't workout for 2 weeks. Also, I ate ice cream twice last weekend... yea, I deserve the gain, but it's so depressing because I was so close to getting out of the 130s.

Okay, back on track.

You are still doing a great job! How tall are you? Maybe you have more muscle mass now from working out. My final goal weight right now is actually 135 and I'm 5'2. I had been in the mid-high 120s in my early 20s, but I don't think my body could sustain that anymore... especially not after a baby. I think I will feel great when I make it back to 135 and maintain it!
  • WishComeTru
    Options

Susan, you rock!!! :smokin: You left us behind in the dust with this pace!
  • astauff
    astauff Posts: 32
    Options
    I weighed in this morning at 148.8 which makes for a 1.4 lb loss ....I have finally made it to the 140s...these last few weeks have been rough I had finally made it to my 10 lb mark and over memorial day weekend I had gained almost 2 lbs and then the following week I stayed the same and last week I lost what I gained back so now I am finally back on track and have beat my 10 lb hump.

Goodluck shortys lets really push ourselves for the final weigh in lets try and lose as much as we can :)
  • CarlitaK
    CarlitaK Posts: 139
    Options
    I weighed in at 134.2 today, which is a .2 pound loss from last week...

I'll take that though because when I weighed myself on Monday I was at 137! Over indulgent weekend was delicious, but not worth it!

Is it just me or is it sooo easy to gain a couple pounds, and really difficult to lose them again! I guess I shouldn't say difficult, if you work out and eat right the weight will come off... but its just not fair that i can gain 3 pounds in a day or two and it takes double that to lose it again!

Vent of the day :)

Congrats to everyone who did well this week!!!
  • CarlitaK
    CarlitaK Posts: 139
    Options
    I weighed in this morning at 148.8 which makes for a 1.4 lb loss ....I have finally made it to the 140s...these last few weeks have been rough I had finally made it to my 10 lb mark and over memorial day weekend I had gained almost 2 lbs and then the following week I stayed the same and last week I lost what I gained back so now I am finally back on track and have beat my 10 lb hump.

Goodluck shortys lets really push ourselves for the final weigh in lets try and lose as much as we can :)

WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • beckajw
    Options
    Morning Shorties!

Okay, back on track.

You are still doing a great job! How tall are you? Maybe you have more muscle mass now from working out. My final goal weight right now is actually 135 and I'm 5'2. I had been in the mid-high 120s in my early 20s, but I don't think my body could sustain that anymore... especially not after a baby. I think I will feel great when I make it back to 135 and maintain it!

I'm 5'0. 134 looks heavy on me. I do know I have some muscle and I'll probably not get to 115, because of it (I'm okay with that). But I need to be at least in the mid-120s. Thanks for the encouragement!
  • beckajw
    Options

Way to go!
  • amandac72
    amandac72 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, hope you all had a great week :smile:

Well after last weeks gain :mad: I had a much better week this week (no long weekends, birthday parties or general eating out) and managed to lose 3.4 pounds - yay!!

Height: 5'2"
    Starting Weight: 169
    Current Weight: 149.2
    12 Week Goal: 150
    Loss this week: 3.4
    Total Pounds Lost: 19.8

So this week I have gone under 150 :happy: , reached my goal for this challenge :happy: and have now lost over 60 pounds since starting on MFP :happy: woohoo!!

Ok just wanted to quickly come and update, just got back from the gym and we have an unusually nice winters day here today so I'm going to bundle the boys up and take them out for a walk to the shops while the sun is shining - beats being stuck in the house with 2 3year olds which has been driving me crazy all week because the weather has been too bad to take them out!!

Be back later to see how evreryone is going :smile:
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    My weigh in for this week is 147.2, whoot! Getting thru these annoying 140s! Its not a big loss, but its still a loss.

The downside is that I'm going to be on a business trip all next week and won't be able to do the last weigh in!!! Boooo. I can record the last weight I have on here as of Sunday morning and that will have to be my weigh in for this week. You all have done fantastic! Hopefully I can take all the progress from the last few weeks as motivation to keep my head on straight for my business trip.

And definitely count me in for the next iteration of this challenge!!! I'm hoping you all can help me get to my goal of 140, only 7 lbs to go!
  • LeelaLosing
    LeelaLosing Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hi all.....I'm at 147 this week, finally stuck in the 140s I hope, really this tim!
    Also lost 1.5" from waist and 3" from hips, need more gone from this area and upper arms and inner thighs lol!! I hope I can get to 145 by end of challenge!
  • LilLolo22
    LilLolo22 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Shorty's!!! So, I had a .2 loss for this week. I'm not completely happy with it but I know any loss is still a loss. I'm really going to PUSH this last week!

All of you are doing SO amazing!! I can't wait until I reach the numbers you all have, but coming on here and reading your progress really keeps me motivated!

Have a terrific weekend shorty's!! ♥
  • susanjackson66
    Options

Susan, you rock!!! :smokin: You left us behind in the dust with this pace!

Thanks!! Although, I lost more because I had more to lose!! And Amanda stayed right with me!! Good job Amanda!:smile:
  • astauff
    astauff Posts: 32
    Options
    goodmorning shortys

I was pushing for this to be my best week but I kinda fell off the wagon a bit, I started enjoying cocktails by the pool over the weekend and missed zumba and only managed to get a 2 mile walk in the whole week, really was expecting a gain but I weighed in this morning at 148.4 which gives me a 0.4 loss. I'll gladly take that considering the week I had.

Great job everyone and look forward to seeing you round 2 of the shorty challenge this was an awesome motivater and helped me lose a total of 11.6 lbs :)
  • susanjackson66
    Options
    Morning everyone!! Wow I can't believe its been 12 weeks already. I weigh in this morning at 152.0. Everyone have a great July 4th!!
  • LilLolo22
    LilLolo22 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Gooood Morning Shorty's!! So, I was kinda bummed with the scale this month. I worked hard but really didn't see as much movement as I would have liked. Thankfully this week I had a loss and FINALLY made it into the 160's! I'm super excited and ready for the next challenge! Yay! :love:

HAVE A VERY FABULOUS 4TH OF JULY EVERYONE!