Wish MFP had an annual convention/gathering?

Options
I was just thinking, wouldn't it be cool if MFP had like an annual convention, were we could all meet, have special speakers about weight loss etc. See how people are progressing, meet the people that have been supporting you along the way. Idk might sound crazy but I think its a great idea. There are so many organizations that have annual meetings so why not us?? What do you guys think??

Replies

• kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I think its great idea!!!!!!!! would luv meet everyone
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    If this was facebook i would click the "like" button :o)
  • mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Good idea, lets have it in New Orleans! It's a great convention city and lots of things to do. Plus I wouldn't have to travel lol.
  • proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Same here, it would be such great motivation for all of us. It could be planned in advance so that people can make arrangements.
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I always thought that would be awesome to meet the people I'm pals with but this is way better! Like a convention for weightloss! how awesome. We could also have like the superstars...people who have lost like 100+lbs and they could speak. that would be so great!

great idea
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I wrote a topic last week about the same thing. Everyone is so nice and supportive.
  • ErinMarie000Ayainna
    ErinMarie000Ayainna Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Me too sounds wonderful its always nice to put a face with a page and so on....... but really its a good idea, but where would we host it there is people from all over the states, I say Vegas lol. Ok, ok maybe not I know ill get in some trouble there! lol
  • silveryflutterby
    Options
    That's an amazing idea! I bet there would be such a huge turnout! It would be so cool to meet the people that I talk to everyday online, face-to-face!!!
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Why not have it at a place like Hilton Head Health? That way we know the buffet would be nutritious, and we could get some great workout tips!

http://www.hhhealth.com/
  • dean0721
    dean0721 Posts: 143
    Options
    i'd travel over from the UK, no worries......
  • proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Me too sounds wonderful its always nice to put a face with a page and so on....... but really its a good idea, but where would we host it there is people from all over the states, I say Vegas lol. Ok, ok maybe not I know ill get in some trouble there! lol

OMG Vegas would be so hot!!
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Get idea! OK Wzelleke, your in charge of setting that up.

Count me as RSVP = Yes. :bigsmile:
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I think this is a wonderful idea.
  • xaintes
    xaintes Posts: 129
    Options
    LOVE it
  • amyrc12
    amyrc12 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Why not have it at a place like Hilton Head Health? That way we know the buffet would be nutritious, and we could get some great workout tips!

http://www.hhhealth.com/

LOVE this idea!!
  • austxdreamin
    Options
    Contact MFP Public Relations and check into it...who knows, with all this support, they may look into it!

Public Relations: pr@myfitnesspal.com
  • catniss
    catniss Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    How much fun would that be?? Maybe charter a cruise ship!! I'd be there!!
  • hpygirl64ColleenLinder
    Options
    Super great idea and how fun that would be & I vote for Vegas for it's got so much to do, can hold large groups and not expensive. Feel free to friend me on here or keep me informed on facebook if any of you have it at www.facebook.com/colleen.linder
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    OK but lets have in in Scotland hehe xx
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    How much fun would that be?? Maybe charter a cruise ship!! I'd be there!!

A weekend cruise all about weight loss!! what a great idea it would be so motivational as well